PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming cat shows in the San Jose bay area, Calif.

AmberLee
12-08-2003, 06:19 PM
There are three cat shows posted in the near vacinity of San Jose, CA in the next few months.

Jan. 3 &4, 2004 at the San Jose Fairgrounds. Cat Fancy Assoc.

Apr. 3 &4, 2004 at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds. Cat Fancy Assoc.

Jun 5 & 6, 2004, location TBD (probably San Jose?). TICA

KAK and I have talked by phone and are planning on attending at least the first one. PM either of us, or post here if you would like to car pool or meet us there.

RedHedd
12-08-2003, 06:35 PM
The first one looks very doable to me right now. I can't think far enough ahead to April or June, but because they're on a weekend and in the SF Bay Area .... put me down as a "definitely maybe" for those. I haven't been to a cat show in EONS! This will be fun! YAY! :)

AmberLee
12-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Oops, missed your response. Sounds great!

krazyaboutkatz
12-09-2003, 11:53 PM
I look forward to going to the one on Jan.3rd or 4th. I always have a great time.:D

AmberLee
12-19-2003, 01:10 AM
KAK and I compared notes and would like to go on Sat. 3 Jan -- be there when it opens (probably 9 a.m.) if all goes according to plan.

Does this work for you, too, RedHedd?

RedHedd
12-19-2003, 12:30 PM
10:00'ish would be better as I have to drive down from the City. Takes about an hour and I don't like getting up at the crack o' dawn on Saturdays. I'll look up directions on the 'net.

AmberLee
12-20-2003, 12:45 AM
What if we meet at the cat show itself then? We could pick a meeting place like Ring One at 10:30 (would this give you enough time to look around?) for instance.

KAK and I are Cat Show fanatics, you could recognize us from our photos here and the gleam in our eyes/ digital cameras slung around our necks. {grin!}

[Just rereading this thread and was SHOCKED at my bad grammar; wish I could claim it was a typo. sigh!]

Don Juan's mom
12-20-2003, 02:34 AM
Do these shows ever have a suitable category for a felis tabbyus giganticus ? Like the one I've got reclining on my iMac at this very moment?

Not sure if I can make the show. I'm unemployed :mad: at the moment and Jan. 3 & 4 are just a little too close to rent day.

NOTE: Don Juan is NOT fat. He's long enough to put his paws in the small of my back when he wants my attention. ;) I'm watching his rations, ever since nice Dr. J. suggested that he was getting a little plump.:rolleyes:

uh-oh he just fell off! :eek:

liz

RedHedd
12-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
What if we meet at the cat show itself then? We could pick a meeting place like Ring One at 10:30 (would this give you enough time to look around?) for instance.

KAK and I are Cat Show fanatics, you could recognize us from our photos here and the gleam in our eyes/ digital cameras slung around are necks. {grin!}

That sounds perfect. I'll PM you my phone #s.

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2003, 04:41 PM
AmberLee and RedHedd, I just received this info in my e-mail:
As our friends and previous patrons, please join us at our

Twentieth Annual Tails & No Tales

CAT SHOW

January 3 & 4, 2004

SATURDAY 10 AM TO 5 PM

SUNDAY 9 AM TO 5 PM

SANTA CLARA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS

344 Tully Road, San Jose

Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and $3 for Children under 12

TOP CATS WITHOUT HATS COMPETE IN SAN JOSÉ

Hundreds of fancy felines are traveling to San José to compete for “Top Cat” at the 20th Annual Tails & No Tales Cat Show. Although these cats are not in hats they are combed, fluffed and groomed to a T and ready to strut for the judges to see. This competition is big they say, the largest cat show in the entire South Bay. You’ll see Persians, Siamese and Ocicats too or perhaps the mysterious Birman's for you. With 33 distinctive breeds the show will have cats to suit everyone's needs.

The cat show is open to the public Saturday, January 3, 2004 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, January 4, 2004 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, 344 Tully Road, San José. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors, and $3 for children under 12.

In addition to the judging activities, which will take place throughout the show, you will have the opportunity to see the cats up close while they are waiting to compete and ask the exhibitors any questions you may have. There will also be a wide variety of cat-related items, such as grooming supplies, toys, cat trees and gift items for sale. Little cat lovers are invited to participate in our coloring contest and have their pictures displayed at the show. In addition, you will also have an opportunity to participate in our Peoples Choice Award and vote for your favorite cat.

Proceeds from previous shows have been donated to non-profit organizations such the Winn Feline Foundation, Cat Purebred Rescue, Town Cats of Morgan Hill and the Humane Society of Santa Clara Valley.

Tails & No Tales Cat Club is a member of the Cat Fanciers Association. CFA, a non-profit organization dedicated to the welfare of cats, was founded in 1906 and is the world's largest pedigreed cat registry.

Present this e-mail for $2 off one admission to the show

For additional information please call (408) 778-6318

Note: Feel free to e-mail this letter to your friends. If they print it, they too will save $2.00 off one Admission.

You can even print this out and save $2.00 on admission.:) I can't wait until Jan. 3rd.:)

Tonya
12-20-2003, 04:50 PM
I've never been to a cat show! I wish I could go. Jan is to busy for me, but maybe the later ones.

AmberLee
12-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Oh, this is the show that does the People's Choice awards? I LOVE that contest! Double yippees!!

Hi DJ's mom --

Would love to meet up with you. Sorry that the timing's bad for you. Maybe one of the ones in the spring will be better for you.

Don Juan's mom
12-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Sunday's SJ Mercury News has a dollar-off ad for the "Tails and No Tails" show January 3 & 4. It's in section E (Arts & Entertainment) on page 4, next to the CD reviews.

Don Juan wants to know why I have to go and look at any other cats when I have HIM.

Liz

AmberLee
12-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Don Juan's mom
...Don Juan wants to know why I have to go and look at any other cats when I have HIM....

Hee, hee, hee. And from a cat's perspective, this is a TOTALLY understandable question.

AmberLee
12-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Oh! Wolflady PMd me. She'd love to join us, but she's working until 1:30 on Saturday. Assuming she can leave directly after work, she still can't make it until 2:30. Do you think we have the stamina to hold out till she gets there?

She was wondering if we could go Sunday instead? Sunday is do-able for me, but not nearly as good for my schedule as Saturday. Thoughts?

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2003, 12:36 AM
I can go either day but Saturday is better for me too. RedHedd was also planning on meeting us on Saturday. Hmmmm.

RedHedd
12-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Don Juan's mom
Don Juan wants to know why I have to go and look at any other cats when I have HIM. LOL! I always have a few guilt pangs when I go looking at other cats - like I'm being unfaithful or something. :rolleyes: I always give my at-home kitties more loving after I've spent time at a cat show looking at all the beautiful well-groomed "professional pusses." ;)

It doesn't matter how much I groom my kitties; they somehow often look like they're walking around in wrinkled pajames :rolleyes: :D

P.S. Saturday is better for me too. As the show starts @ 10:00, we may be a bit tired by 1:30 or 2:00 - let's just play it by ear.

Don Juan's mom
12-24-2003, 08:44 PM
I have a singing job at a church in Los Gatos, but could make it to the show on Sunday after 1:00.

Don Juan just snagged the cheaper of my two Christmas sweaters. That does it. I'm looking for the claw clippers! (Last time I saw them, they were in my knitting box. He may have buried them in the litter box.)

Liz :p

AmberLee
12-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Hmmm, Wolflady's PMed KAK -- she can only make Sunday, too. Well, I'm toying with the idea of going both days now. (Shucky darn, forced to spend two days with gorgeous furkids. What a fate! What a shocking development. Who could have seen this one coming? *snirk* :p ;) )

krazyaboutkatz
01-01-2004, 06:17 PM
AmberLee and I will be going both days now. We'll be there by 10am on Sat. but aren't sure about the time on Sunday yet. If anyone else is interested please reply to this thread or pm me or AmberLee. We'd love to meet some new Pet Talker's in our area.:D

RedHedd
01-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Well, shoot! This poses a dilemma! What day to go? :confused: Actually, Saturday will be the better day for me so I'll meet you there around 10:00 a.m. tomorrow a.m.

Look for a short red head :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
01-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Well, shoot! This poses a dilemma! What day to go? :confused: Actually, Saturday will be the better day for me so I'll meet you there around 10:00 a.m. tomorrow a.m.

Look for a short red head :rolleyes: Okay, AmberLee and I will be there at 10am on Sat. and I guess were're supposed to meet you at ring 1. We still aren't sure about our schedule for Sun. because I'm still waiting to hear back from Wolf_lady. I can't wait!!!:D

Don Juan's mom
01-03-2004, 06:33 PM
I had a job interview today (Saturday), but I'm planning to go to the show on Sunday after I sing at St. Luke's. Be there about 12:45-1:00, 5'6", auburn hair and a jacket covered with cats. (The one on the back looks just like Don Juan!)

Liz

AmberLee
01-03-2004, 08:20 PM
We went today (Saturday) and had a blast. Mini-problem. For some reason they didn't have heat on and it was VERY chilly inside. Layer up, or you'll freeze; or be prepared to buy a lot of Lattes to keep your hands warm....

Will tell more of our adventures when I finish in the kitchen...

Vermontcat
01-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Did you take any photos at the show?
I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

RedHedd
01-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Yes we all took pictures -- I'm just finally thawing out it was THAT COLD in the hall. :eek: :( Yeah, I know us Californians are weather weenies, it was in the high 30's in San Jose and probably stayed around that temp in the cat halls all day. Poor kitties were shivering!

I don't think my pics turned out too good, but I'll post them - probably tomorrow. It was a LONG day and I'm tired! It was so good to come home to "real" kitties that I could touch and snuggle :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2004, 11:59 PM
I took a lot of pics. Some are from the Cat Show and some are of my furkids when I got home and them their new........ Stay tuned to find out what it is.

Actually, I'll be starting 2 new threads, one about the Cat Show and one about my furkids and their new blankety blank.:D

It sure was great to meet you RedHedd.:D