PDA

View Full Version : Please wish Lily luck for her surgery tomorrow

Kirsten
12-08-2003, 01:47 PM
My Lily girl will be spayed tomorrow. We have to be at the vet's at 8:45 am.

I have to admit as her meowmie, I'm a bit worried. I know they do that every day, but she's my baby!

Also, I cannot help but feeling bad when I look at her today and see her happily playing or eating, not knowing what's waiting for her. So far, she has probably never experienced any pain in her life. She will not understand why this is done to her.

In an hour, I have to put their food away, because Lily isn't allowed to eat the last hours before the surgery. Unfortunately, this means Luna cannot eat either. The other option would be to seperate them during the night, but I don't want that.

I know all this has to be done, but I'm feeling so sorry for her!

Kirsten

slick
12-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Oh Kirsten I can understand your worry but sweet Lily girl will be OK. Soon she will be back home and back to her playful self again. Make sure you have some extra treats waiting for her. :)

PayItForward
12-08-2003, 01:54 PM
You are allowed to worry a little bit ;) but you know everything will be alright.

We'll be thinking of your Lily tomorrow.

Twink
12-08-2003, 01:57 PM
Awwww, good luck, Lily-girl!

Kirsten, you wouldn't be normal if you didn't worry about your girl. :( It killed me taking Rizzo in to get fixed, and he's a boy, so it was an even easier procedure for him. So worry all you want, but just know that she'll be just fine in no time, and she will be sooooo glad to get back home with you!

Are she and Luna best buddies again, or is Luna still snubbing her?

Lily, I know you'll get spoiled rotten when you get home. Milk it for all it's worth, baby girl!

:)

Kirsten
12-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Thanks! :)

Twink, Luna and Lily are good friends again! Obviously it took two days till the drug was out of Luna's system, and after that, she was good old Luna again! :)

Kirsten

bisi.cat
12-08-2003, 02:24 PM
I am thinking of little Lily tomorrow...please don't worry too much!!!
My sister's cat was spayed at a young age, too and she recovered in a flash and was back to normal the very next day...

catlover4ever
12-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Oh, Little Miss Lily, I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Kirsten, it is only normal to worry about our babies.

Miss Meow
12-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Good luck :) I hope everything works out well for Lily.

Cataholic
12-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Prayers and paws crossed (front AND back). Things will be fine. Kirsten, I have two kitties that didn't slow down an iota when they were spayed. It won't be too bad. Sometimes, I wish the anesthesia would last longer! To keep them down.

Let us know how Lily fares!!

Prairie Purrs
12-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Best wishes for Lily! I'm sure she'll sail through the operation just fine. :)

Edwina's Secretary
12-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Best wishes to little Lily! Think how much happier she will be never having to know the constant discomfort of being in heat!

ChrisH
12-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Good luck little Lily. I will be sending positive and good thoughts your way tommorow.

jenluckenbach
12-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Good luck Lilly.

p.s. you'll be fine ;)

Russian Blue
12-08-2003, 04:52 PM
As everyone has said...she will be fine!!

When Nakita was spayed I was a blubbering idiot! I also felt guilty about taking away her food. As soon as I put her in her carrier to take her to the vets, I became too emotional and made Rob take her!

(yeah, I'm a big softie when no one is looking!)

Give us an update when you can.

;)

CatDad
12-08-2003, 05:08 PM
Good luck Lily, I know everything will be fine and that you will be up and around in no time.:)

Kristen I agree with the others, you would not be normal if you did not worry. Just remember that she will be fine.

Sending good thoughts and comfort for all.:)

catcrazylady
12-08-2003, 05:36 PM
Good Luck Sweet Lily! Tell mom to give extra hugs, snuggles, and treats when you come home! We will be thinking of you :) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

I'm not going to tell you not to worry Kristen because I almost throw up everytime I have to do this. I'm just like you, watching them play and so clueless about tomorrow. I think that is what makes it so bad. When they are sick you do whatever you have to in order to make them well, but they are in perfect health when we get them fixed!! The funny thing is...the kitties always do just fine, its the parents that have trouble!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

AmberLee
12-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Good luck! It will be fine, but it's normal for the Meowmy (or PawPaw) to be a wreck... Hang in there and keep us updated, okay?

catland
12-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Good luck sweet Lily.

Kirsten, think of it this way.

Lily will not add to the cat overpopulation.

She won't get uterine cancer.

If she's being spayed before her first heat, her chance of getting breast cancer is close to 0%.

She'll be groggy for a day or two, and then you will have your sweet Lily back to enjoy:D

Steffi N
12-08-2003, 07:55 PM
I hope dear Lily's surgery goes well and she is back to purring and playing soon. Kirsten, your baby will be fine. Give her extra cuddles from all of us.

Felicia's Mom
12-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Good luck with your surgery, Lily!!!

Felicia Beau & Nancy

Kirsten
12-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Thank you so much everyone, what would I do without you? :)

Lily is at the vet's now, and I'm really really nervous! She cried when she got her injection for the anesthesia, and it was such a heartbreaking sound... :( I really hope everything goes well - I keep you updated!

BTW, the girls didn't let me sleep last night because they were hungry. I put their food away because Lily wasn't allowed to eat but they didn't like that at all and made all kinds of noises.

Kirsten

IttyBittyKitty
12-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Be strong for your meowmie, it will all be over soon!

Hugs and kissies from Pixie and Randi!

Barbara
12-09-2003, 02:46 AM
Now most of it will be over already. I'm sorry I'm late but I send my best thoughts over to little Lily:)

HayleyRosie
12-09-2003, 06:02 AM
Sorry I'm late but I wish Lily all the best. Please give her some scritchies for me when she comes home.

Kirsten
12-09-2003, 06:15 AM
You're right, Lily's at home now and already awake, but still in her carrier for the next couple of hours. She's doing well under the circumstances, but she was trembling a lot so I offered her some Gimpet Vitamine paste which she licked off from my finger. She has kept it down so far.

Luna hissed and growled at her btw and seems to be very scared. I think she did not recognize her due to the strange smells. I took Lily with me into the kitchen to seperate her from Luna. When she saw Luna, she even made this little sound she always makes when she wants to cuddle with her, but Luna only stared at her. Poor little girl!

BTW, while Lily was at the vet's office, Luna suddenly started playing with a piece of flower soil. She used to love that but has totally stopped playing since Lily has moved in, because Lily is always faster. Interesting that she immediately started playing again as soon as Lily was gone.

Kirsten

CatDad
12-09-2003, 08:54 AM
I am very happy to hear that all went well at the vet.:)

From my experience that Luna's reaction to Lilly is normal and should stop within a day or two.

Is is interesting that Luna played while Lily was gone. It could just be a coincidence. See what happens.

I hope the Lily's recovery is fast. Things will be back to normal soon.:)

Barbara
12-09-2003, 09:00 AM
I am glad to hear Lily is back and felt well enough to have some Gimpet (world's best vitamin paste for kitties -ask Eddie and Edwina ;)).
Of course Luna won't like her smell as she smells like the vet:(
But it will be better soon :)

Kissies to her.

Kona & Oreo's mom
12-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Poor little Lily! I'm glad that everything went well. Now you only need to get lots of rest and feel better soon!

catmandu
12-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Best wishe for Lily , from All the Lost cats! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW!