PDA

View Full Version : A New Bunny

Daisylover
12-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Last week I got a call from a humane society in Indiana asking us to take 4 bunnies; if we couldn't take them they would be euthanized the following day. So even though we are well over 100% capacity I drove 2.5 hrs to get them (the rescuers drive 1.5 hrs to meet me!)and those four are the nicest bunnies! All are young and like to be handled and must have been well-loved and socialized at some point.

At any rate to make a long story shorter, as you know since Noah died in mid-November Gracie has been acting up and being a bully with the other bunnies at my house. Plus he wouldn't let me get near him. One of the new Indiana bunnies is a gorgeous himalayan, a young lady named Twinkle....pretty gal with cream colored fur and the dark cocoa velvet brown feet, ears and mustache.....so I took her home to Gracie, who positively hates her...... After a few days of Twinkle started chasing Gracie instead of the other way around, and last night I caught them sitting together and this morning they ate at the same time from the same plate!!!!! Yeah, we are on our way!!!!!! :D

Karen
12-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Congratulations! Oh, pictures, please of the new peace-maker/troublemaker bun! The rewards of rescue can be sweet - and furry!

tikeyas_mom
12-08-2003, 01:43 PM
congrats!!!! cant wait to seepiccys!! i didnt know you have a hamster?? pics please!!!! :)

luckies4me
12-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Aww, I am so happy for you. :) I really hope things work out and Gracie makes a new best friend! :D

And yes as Karen says, PICS please! :D

Heather Wallace
12-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Congrats, do let the other know on the Tufty forum.

Kfamr
12-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Awwwww!!!

What happened to the other three, do you know?

I'll ditto what everyone else has said; PICTURES!!:D

jenluckenbach
12-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Congratulations on your new addition to the family!:D

slick
12-09-2003, 09:44 PM
OH GOODY, BUN-BUN PICTURES!!!! When do we get to see them????

Daisylover
12-10-2003, 02:26 PM
I haven't taken any pictures yet.....I seem to be incompetent when it comes to getting a decent picture of the bunnies but I will try. Plus I left my camera out in the rain at the sanctuary for 2 days which doesn't help any...I still don't know if it works.

Twinks sure is a cutie and she's getting better about letting me handle her. Gracie is getting a bit better too about letting me touch him.....I had no idea a rabbit could hold a grudge so long!
;)