PDA

View Full Version : A thoughtful gesture.

Russian Blue
12-08-2003, 09:10 AM
I've been buying all of Nakita's food at a local small animal food store. I usually go on Sunday's when the store isn't too busy and I started to talk to the owner of the store.

A couple of months ago, she started talking about needing info for various animal related topics (ie: food nutrition, health, feral management etc.) so I said I would email a couple of links from Stray Pet Advocacy and other sources.

Rob stopped by last month to pick up some wet food for Nakita, and he came back with a gift for Nakita! The store owner wanted to thank me for the info I provided, so she sent a package of goodies for Nakita (treats, new products etc.)! I've never had an owner of a store I buy things from, give me anything free! As you can tell, I was happily surprised! :D

Unfortunately, Nakita didn't like the treats (even though they are the store's #1 best seller). Nakita is sooo picky! :rolleyes: This weekend, I had to go get some more wet food, and I brought back the treats to the store owner, since I figured her cat's could eat them. She felt so bad that Nakita didn't like her treats, that she gave me free canned food for Nakita for the month!:eek:

I love this store and the manager! Just wanted to share a positive story about a really nice person!

:D

Barbara
12-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Hehehe here Tigris is the picky one. Most of my friends bring gifts for the kitties and I am afraid if they want to see how the cats devore them:o

But we would have appreciated to see Nakita unpacking the stuff:D

catmandu
12-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Juke Joint Joseph love everykind of treat , and brand , and flavor , shape or size! Treats Rule with JJJ3.

kuhio98
12-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Cats are so picky. You never know what they are going to like. Someone here posted a recommendation for a cranberry treat that is good for urinary health that their cats eat like candy. I bought some and none of my cats will touch them. You just never know. I'd definitely spread the word about the good people at the pet food store. Those are the kinds of people you like to deal with. I've never gotten anything free from the place I go.

Lallypop11
12-08-2003, 09:45 AM
I just wanted you to know that this weekend I had my fiance looking on this website so he could see everyone I talk to and meet all the cats and see the pictures, he saw the picture of Nakita and was totally mesmerized, he fell in love with her! He went online and looked at the profile of Russian Blues and said we HAVE to get one of these! :eek: Unfortunately we are at our cat limit now, but perhaps in the distant future we will get one. He is very excited for you to post some new pictures of her, he loves that silky fur and those beautiful eyes. We look forward to new pics of her, I also think it's great that you got that great gift from the store! How neat! :D

jenluckenbach
12-08-2003, 09:59 AM
How heart-warming. :D

gini
12-08-2003, 10:05 AM
What a nice thing for the store owner to do. This kind deed will come back to her though, because you will tell everyone (like us) about her kindness and others will want to shop at her store.

Even so, it does seem rare today to have someone be so appeciative.

catlover4ever
12-08-2003, 10:16 AM
My boys, Smokey and Abner do not eat treats....they turn their nose up at every treat I have ever given to them. What a very nice store owner.....you don't find that too often.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2003, 11:03 AM
That's one of the benefits of going to a small, privately owned, establishment rather than the big corporate stores. You'd never get treatment like that from a corporate store because their bottom line is the bottom line - not customer service. This lady evidently knows she has some tough competetion out there and is willing to cultivate her customers so they keep returning. Smart lady. :D