PDA

View Full Version : Woman runs over worker at McDonalds..

CountryWolf07
12-07-2003, 09:48 PM
HOUSTON, Texas (AFP) - A woman who drove over a McDonald's employee, breaking her pelvis and causing her serious internal injuries in a row over a hamburger, has been jailed for 10 years.

AFP Photo

"I sure hope it was worth it, because you'll have 10 years to think about it," US District Judge Brock Thomas said Thursday as he handed down the sentence to Waynetta Nolan in district court.

The 37-year-old was convicted of aggravated assault in connection with the April 23 incident in which she flew into a violent rage when denied mayonnaise on her cheeseburger and ran over the restaurant manager in the restaurant's parking lot.

"I was going through a bad time in my life," Nolan told jurors during the penalty phase of the trial. "I was having a lot of problems."

Judge Brock said the case was one of the most absurd he has ever seen. "I can't imagine or think of anything more ridiculous than this. It all happened over a hamburger."

The spat began when Nolan was told mayonnaise was not an option with McDonald's cheeseburger. When Nolan became angry, the employee at the drive-through window at the McDonald's in suburban Houston encouraged her to pull her car around to the window counter and speak to the manager.

Witnesses said Nolan cursed and threw a cheeseburger back though the drive-through window.

When manager Sherry Jenkins offered a special-order cheeseburger with mayonnaise, witnesses said, Nolan complained her French fries had grown cold. After receiving new fries, she then demanded a new drink.

Unable to pacify the belligerent customer, Jenkins finally called police, who asked her to get the customer's license plate number, according to court testimony.

Nolan, who has a previous conviction for running her car into her ex-boyfriend's girlfriend, testified that she was unaware she had run over Jenkins.

She said she was putting ketchup on her burger when she heard a car horn, realized she was blocking drive-through traffic and hit the gas pedal. Running over Jenkins seemed like "a bump," she said.

Nolan sped away and drove head-on into one-way traffic. A driver followed and reported her license plate to police.

"I gave her everything she asked for," a tearful Jenkins told jurors Thursday. "I put mayo on her burger. I took off the onions and mustard. What did I do to deserve this?"

aly
12-07-2003, 09:56 PM
:rolleyes: What a DEMENTED woman!

Scary Houston is so close to here and I used to live there! Seems like all the crazies are in Houston.

CountryWolf07
12-07-2003, 09:57 PM
... I am shocked.. all over that.. because OF AN HAMBURGER?! OMG.

micki76
12-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a wacko waiting for a “reason” to blow, to me. Glad they put her away.

lovemyshiba
12-07-2003, 10:30 PM
over a burger!!!!!!!?????

What a crack job!!!!

trayi52
12-07-2003, 11:27 PM
This happened at Mcdonalds? My 18 year old daughter works at Mcdonalds. Hope she don't come across a sicko like that.

Glad to hear she was punished!!

Tonya
12-07-2003, 11:31 PM
One word for that lady. MIDOL.

CathyBogart
12-08-2003, 10:21 AM
...bur...ger...? How ridiculous! I can't even express... I feel so bad for the poor guy she ran over. Retail/food service workers already get the shaft, we certainly don't need sickos like this wandering the streets!

moosmom
12-08-2003, 10:35 AM
If it was a steak I'd say maybe. But McDonalds???? Puhleeeeeze!!!!!!

That lady sounded like a timebomb waiting to explode.

mugsy
12-08-2003, 11:33 AM
That woman is a few french fries short of a Happy Meal!! (sorry) OMG!! Why would she only get 10 years after she has a history of violence with a vehicle. I hope that they finally realize it and take her driving priveleges taken away permanently.

aly
12-08-2003, 03:55 PM
This woman is going to be interviewed on Inside Edition tomorrow.

Should be interesting to hear what she has to say.

dukedogsmom
12-08-2003, 03:57 PM
There are many psychos out there just running free. Pretty scary. And her flimsy excuse, I'm glad it didn't work with the judge. Of course, she'll probably serve a couple years and get out.

Cheshirekatt
12-08-2003, 04:12 PM
What a scary and psycho woman!

Holy cow.

And a really bad driver, to boot.

Cinder & Smoke
12-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
"...She said she was
putting ketchup on her burger
when she heard a car horn..."

"I gave her everything she asked for,"
a tearful Jenkins told jurors Thursday.
"I put mayo on her burger.
I took off the onions and mustard.
What did I do to deserve this?"

>> FORGOT the Ketchup!! << :rolleyes:

I swear ~
SOME Folks should NOT be allowed out in public!!
(Let along be given a :eek: Driver's License!)

popcornbird
12-08-2003, 04:37 PM
What a moron! :mad::rolleyes: All this over a BURGER?!?! Sheesh! How STUPID can one get? And only 10 years in prison? I think she deserves much more than that. :(

wolfsoul
12-08-2003, 04:56 PM
How stupid! After that last statement I felt like crying for that poor lady.

G.P.girl
12-08-2003, 07:43 PM
:eek: OMG that is so sad! i felt bad for the lady!!

yup...gotta get that hamburger and fies hot adn fresh.....:rolleyes:

Kfamr
12-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Like it's fresh at Mcdonalds anyways?

I feel HORRIBLE for the manager... I wonder if they're ever going to have second thoughts when a customer asks for mayonaise?

I printed it out for my mom to bring to work (Chick-Fil-A) her boss was talking about it.

wolfsoul
12-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Like it's fresh at Mcdonalds anyways?

I believe so, actually. My mom used to work there and she said that they threw out dozens of burgers and other food every ten minutes. :eek: I want them to send it to the poor people lol.

Kfamr
12-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Sure doesn't taste like it! *vomit*

wolfsoul
12-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Sure doesn't taste like it! *vomit*
I think they taste good, but if you eat the meat alone it tastes like cardboard lmao.

trayi52
12-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Yeah, put lots of cheese on that cardboard and yummy! Think so Kay? NOt good as Chili though, huh? lol:D hint, hint:)

Kfamr
12-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Yeah, put lots of cheese on that cardboard and yummy! Think so Kay? NOt good as Chili though, huh? lol:D hint, hint:)

DEF. not as good as chili!! Nowhere near. Not even with lots of cheese. Cheese normally makes lots of things really good, but cheese can't even make Mcdonalds good!

Pssst... I posted a chili thread in General with my mom's recipe! :p

trayi52
12-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks Kay.:) You cool.:cool:

Tray

slick
12-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Hmmmm this story gives new meaning to the concept of "drive through", but watch out for speed bumps:D

trayi52
12-09-2003, 12:04 PM
That would be a rather large speed bump. I hope they do not decide to use my daughter as a speed bump. :confused: :(

Tray

(thanks kay)