PDA

View Full Version : still looking for my orangie!

sirrahbed
12-07-2003, 03:58 PM
I keep combing petfinders and visiting the local shelters. Today there was a sweet looking male orange so I wrote to them about him. He was found abandoned and starving so they have fattened him up. He was supposed to be at a local Petsmart but we just went and he was not there! The girl that does the adoptions said there had been no orange males at all. The other contact woman answered my email and said she will try to find more information on him and I will call the humane society tomorrow. He may be quite old - I am not sure - need to get more information. He is also declawed so I do not have to worry about THAT agony! Here is his photo from the shelter: I will let you know more as I find out if it will be a match!! His name is Sammy

PS Would he be a tabby or a calico?

PayItForward
12-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Sammy sure is a sweetie. I hope you don't mind me posting his photo for everyone to see.
http://www.jennykenwright.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/sammy.jpeg

I would say he is an orange tuxedo kitty.

i.e. Orange with white chest and feet.

He is Not a Calico. Calico is a tortishell with white. i.e. Orange & Brown patches on white background.

Tabby have W marking on their forehead. I didn't think you got orange tabby cats ? But I could be wrong.

PS. I think adopting an already Declawed cat is great for your situation and good for him to get a second chance.

CatDad
12-07-2003, 04:39 PM
He sure is a sweet looking kitty. I hope that you can track him down.

Relly not good at the color markings, so anything that I said would only be a guess.

Amber
12-07-2003, 04:46 PM
I hope you can adopt him and give him a life he needs!! Ill be praying !

catcrazylady
12-07-2003, 04:50 PM
OH!! He is a cutie!!! If he is anything like most orangies than he should be a love muffin!! He is marked alot like Leroy. If his personality is anything like Leroy then you will be getting the most loving, and amusing kitty! Good luck in finding him and I hope his personality traits are what you are looking for. Doesn't he resemble your grandkitty? I forgot his name.

I knew you would not be able to hold out much longer!! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Uabassoon
12-07-2003, 04:53 PM
He sure is a handsome boy :) I love orange kitties. I think the markings are called bicolor. I hope everything works out and you get to bring him home :)

jenluckenbach
12-07-2003, 05:00 PM
What a great looking guy!!!

sirrahbed
12-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
OH!! He is a cutie!!! If he is anything like most orangies than he should be a love muffin!! He is marked alot like Leroy. If his personality is anything like Leroy then you will be getting the most loving, and amusing kitty! Good luck in finding him and I hope his personality traits are what you are looking for. Doesn't he resemble your grandkitty? I forgot his name.

I knew you would not be able to hold out much longer!! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

YES, I immediately thought grandkitty Pickles and your Leroy! All three are very similar looking!! The description says he is very loving and affectionate. I mainly want to get an idea of his age and how he gets along with other cats. Why would someone abandon such a sweet animal long enough to almost starve? How did he survive without his claws?? I also wonder how he can be so sweet natured after being on his own. Somebody must have loved him and maybe he got loose?? Guess I will never know. They say his blood tests are all negative and he does not have worms at this time. Yesterday was adoption day so he may be gone - yet the main girl we know there at Petsmart is quite sure she has had no orange males but it is also possible the foster mom brought him in just for the day. The Humane Society coordinator has forwarded my e-mail to the foster mom so I will know more soon. :)

catcrazylady
12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm excited! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
I hope it turns out that he is friendly with other kitties. Keep us posted!!!!:) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

rg_girlca
12-07-2003, 05:48 PM
What a cutie patootie. He does look alot like Leroy.
Hope you find out more about him and he is exactly what you are looking for.
Good luck.:)

Craftlady
12-07-2003, 06:30 PM
He is a cutie. :)
I always thought it was a M on the tabby's foreheads. At least that's what Butterscotch and Thumpers look like to us. We thought it was neat nice our last name starts with M our kids were meant to be with us. :)

sirrahbed
12-07-2003, 06:40 PM
I decided to look up some specifics on tabbies and color markings and found this good write up that answered some of my questions including why some people call my Emily a "Jellicle"! It looks like Leroy, Pickles and Sammy would be considered orange (red) and white tabbies.
http://www.fanciers.com/other-faqs/colors.html

Edwina's Secretary
12-07-2003, 06:51 PM
I would call him a creamsicle....and adorable!

iloverat
12-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Sammy's definitely a cutie-pie. Good luck in finding yourself a new baby to adopt. I look forward to hearing about your adventure. :)

catnapper
12-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Aww, looks like my Tiny III (passed over Rainbow Bridge some ten years ago) He sure was a nice boy, so any kitty that looks like him has to be nice too!

My orangie is a sweet, handsome devil and this one loks like that too!

Good luck!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-07-2003, 09:01 PM
He's adorable! I hope everything works out with him....but....if it doesn't.....have you seen Jen's post about her new kittens in Cat Rescue? PA isn't that far from OH - actually it's quite close...and I think you NEED Snagglepuss!!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2003, 12:41 AM
He sure is a cutie pie. I hope that everything works out and you'll be able to adopt him. :) Please keep us updated.
My Sunny is an Aby mix and has an "M " on his forehead too. He also has the best personality.:)

bisi.cat
12-08-2003, 02:29 AM
I keep my fingers crossed for your sweet Orangie...
if it shouldn't work out, how about coming over here and getting my sponsor cat Ricky (over here you can sponsor the cat monthly to provide his care at a shelter)?!
He's at the shelter for three years and unfortunately he's one of the unadoptables, because if he doesn't want to be cuddled he might nip...
Unfortunately I cannot take him as Nellie isn't too fond of company...:(
But wouldn't a vacation over here be nice and you could even leave with an Orangie in your arms?!;)

Barbara
12-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Ricky and Sammy are great. I hope both find a good home -wherever it will be:)

sirrahbed
12-08-2003, 08:35 AM
:( I got an e-mail first thing this morning and Sammy has already been adopted. He was quite old and I *think* the foster mom decided to keep him. I will keep looking and my orangie will find me. I check Petsmart often enough to know he was not there and the girl I know who works there never saw him. Plus he was newly listed, etc. Oh well... Yes I saw little Snagglepuss but it is across the state and against their rules and I really want an older cat that is harder to place and already declawed because my two are declawed already. If they fought, it would not be fair and there is no way I could bring a kitty in for declawing. (but we are not going THERE!!!) Thank you everyone for your well wishes! ARRGHHH!!:(

jenluckenbach
12-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
[BYes I saw little Snagglepuss but it is across the state and against their rules [/B]
Well, there HAVE been exceptions ;)

But I admire your wanting to adopt an older animal. They are MUCH harder to place.

I would like to add, though, that I have had clawed and declawed kitties living together (not now, but years ago) and the clawed cat NEVER hurt the others. As a matter of fact, she took the brunt of most of their hits. So it is personality that matters more than anything.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear Snagglepuss isn't an option, but I'm sure he'll find a furrever home real soon since he's just adorable! And I admire you, too, for wanting an older cat. So many people won't even consider an older cat so I'm sure your search won't take long at all.

I agree with Jen on the claw thing too. Eddie (Edwina's nemisis) has claws but I physically had to check because he never used them once on me - even when I tried to give him a mini bath to make him somewhat respectable when he was to meet his prospective new owners (Edwina's Secretary and her husband). And as far as I know, with all the grief Edwina has given him, only once or twice has she showed up with scratches from him. So it's definitely the personality of the cat, not the size, gender or whether they have claws or not. And this is provided only for information purposes - not to be a lecture or anything. ;) :)

Good luck in your search, and please keep us updated. Can't wait to see pics of who you finally get. :D

Prairie Purrs
12-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Sorry you didn't get to adopt Sammy. And good for you for wanting to adopt an older cat! I'm betting your orangie will come around very soon. :)