PDA

View Full Version : Muffy

gini
12-10-2000, 10:24 AM
March, 2000 seems to have been a sad month for so many of us as we lost out dear cats in that month. I too, lost my beloved Magic at the end of March.

What a wonderful tribute to Muffy that she can be Cat of the Day.

My very first cat, Sugar, was a part of my life like Muffy was a part of yours. When I lost him I realized that he had taken all of my secrets with him and I had lost one of the dearest friends I would ever know. But then along came Magic two years later and he became a dear friend too.

I suffer with you in your loss and I understand all of your efforts in taking care of Muffy in her final days. It is so difficult and frustrating. You were truly blessed to have Muffy for 20 years and soon the grief will be replaced with nothing but all of the fond memories you have of her.

I hope you will consider adopting another kitty. It won't be Muffy, but it doesn't take long for them to wiggle their way permanently into your heart.

daisy
12-10-2000, 12:49 PM
That was a lovely tribute to your beloved Muffy. How lovely also it was that you and Muffy were surrounded by people who cared--I imagine that helped you a great deal with her passing. Losing the physical part of your loved one is always very hard, but to celebrate her life the way you did means that her spirit will long live in your heart and in the hearts of everyone who loved her.

In my head I'm imagining that Muffy is enjoying catnip with my Cherry, who passed away in September of 1998. I'm printing your tribute to read from time to time, for it captures the way I feel about Cherry but didn't have the words to say so. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif For this I thank you, Muffy's human!

tatsxxx11
12-10-2000, 03:45 PM
What a beautiful, touching tribute to your very, very special girl Muffy. Her picture says it all. A truly lovely, gentle kitty. My heart always sinks when I see that one of the Pet's of the Day has left for the Rainbow Bridge. I know how painful it is to love and lose a special furkid, especially one who has shared SO much of your life. My Lizzie will be 19 years old soon, and I know her time with me now is to be treasured. I am sure Muffy was as beloved as any family member could be and was proud to call you her Mom. You rescued her when she was alone and lonely, and you gave her the best forever home a Mom could. You are a very wonderful person for sharing your life and home with her. I know in my heart that she is waiting patiently for the day when you will all be together again, comforted until then by the memory of your special love and deep devotion to her. I believe, like Daisy, that Muffy is playing and frolicking with my Fritz, Chessa and Tuna, no longer suffering, but healthy, whole and happy in a place of peace and beauty. Please know we all share in your loss and hope for the day when your sadness will be replaced by a smile as you remember the many happy days you shared, looking forward to your joyful reunion. You are a very special Mom. Muffy is a very special Cat of the Day. Congratulations sweet Muffy.

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited December 10, 2000).]

4 feline house
12-10-2000, 05:10 PM
I'm so glad you got to be surrounded with loving friends and family who understood that Muffy was not "just a cat". It sounds like y'all had almost a funeral for her, or at least the gathering after the funeral, to memorialize her, and to validate her importance in your lives and your grief at her passing. Our pets can be as close and intimate as our best friends, yet we're supposed to hide our grief because it's labeled "silly" because they were "just" an animal. It sound like she had as pampered a life, and as comfortable a passing, as any kitty can, and I know she's up in heaven, purring away as she's looking down on you lovingly.