PDA

View Full Version : my hubby the hero...........

carole
12-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Seriously though my hubby saved a young toddler from near danger, we were at the supermarket just getting a few things for lunch, when he noticed in the car park a toddler sitting in a supermarket trolley, she was moving fast, her mother was un-packing the groceries and the wind had picked up and she had not noticed her daughter was disappearing, hubby banged hard on the supermarket window, she looked up and realised, she looked very relieved, a bad accident just waiting to happen, thank goodness hubby noticed as he was the only one, I dread to think what could have happened.

I bet her mother will strap her in the car seat next time before unloading the groceries, an honest mistake , but could have been a costly one.

gini
12-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Thank God your hero hubby acted so quickly. It only takes one second for an accident to happen.

Whenever I have my little 2 year old niece with me, I never take my eyes off of her - she moves so fast.

I am sure the woman is very grateful to your husband for his quick action in alerting her to the danger!

Let's hear it for the great hubby!!

carole
12-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Thanks Gini, hero hubby is sitting here right now having a cool drink after mowing the lawns, he's gone all embarrased lol.:) :D

jenluckenbach
12-06-2003, 08:01 PM
I wish I could SEE my lawn (SNOW)......but seriously, I am very thankful that not only did your husband see this but the lady LISTENED to the window banging. I a,m ertain that I would NOT have. People are so rude here that I try to avoid looking at ANY gimmick meant to grab your attention. Let's hear it for hubby!!!:)

amoore
12-07-2003, 10:53 AM
I am so glad your husband was there!

rg_girlca
12-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Give your hubby a big hug from me. As others have said, thank God he saw this and the lady had the sense to look up when he banged on the window.
I shudder to think what could have happened to the little tyke.

Pam
12-07-2003, 12:21 PM
I am glad your hubby was there! What absolutely upsets me so at the food store is when there is a toddler in the cart ahead of me and they are climbing out of the little seat and the mom is busy loading things onto the conveyor belt and doesn't notice right away. Some of the supermarkets around here have belts that strap the little ones in and some don't. I once heard of a little one falling head first onto the concrete floor during such a time and now whenever I see a little one start to climb out it upsets me so much. Fortunately I haven't had to intervene because the mom eventually notices, but you can bet I would!