PDA

View Full Version : What are your pets bad habits?

Tonya
12-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Just wondering what bad habits everyone's pets have.

I can't relax ever because:

Roxy chews everything in sight.

Dusty chases the kitties. We actually have a "No Kitty!" command. When we say that, he *usually* sits and stays.

Teddy likes to mark territory.

Ron constantly begs for food.

Raven wants in and out in and out of the bedroom. (We keep the door closed to give the cats a safe haven from the dogs.)

binka_nugget
12-06-2003, 03:43 PM
:D neat thread.

Kai's usually perfect in the house but Kaedyn has some bad habits that Kai picks up.

Kaedyn:
-LOVES to bark at everything in sight
-likes chewing clothing yet doesn't seem to be interested in any of the toys we have around the house
-refuses to potty in the backyard. He has to have a walk (not a terrible habit..it's getting me out a bit more)
-if there's a cat, he's gone

Kai:
-Likes to twirl during walks (quite cute but annoying)
-barks when Kaedyn barks..then turns into a contest lol

Amber
12-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Katie has a problem of licking My bedspread and my pillows!! eww! lol

Cincy'sMom
12-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Sadie gives a ton of kisses (actually, it is bath!)

Cincy steals the other dogs' food

Spot barks more then the other two

Not really too bad of habits...

Kfamr
12-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Nala's really jealous. Whenever someone's giving Simba attention, she has to be right there, pushing Simba out of the way. He just walks away and goes somewhere else.
She also jumps alot, but we're working on it. She normally calms down after I tell her no.
Also, she's VERY vocal when she plays. Since she has a deep, deep, bark it always makes her sound mean.

Simba is near perfect, honest. He's the best dog I could ever ask for, the only thing is is that he's skiddish around new dogs and new people. And VERY protective. Although that's something I can never train him not to be, and it's not necessarily bad.

Samantha Puppy
12-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Samantha has a couple...

* barks at anything out of the ordinary
* doesn't "come here" unless it's her idea
* when she gets loose (which hasn't been for over a year), she will not come at all - she'll just run around because she thinks it's a game
* she jumps up on you if she's outside and you join her
* still tends to revert back to play biting when you play with her, though she is getting better

wolfsoul
12-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Timber does one of those little jumps to lick kids' faces and often accidentally knocks their mouths with her teeth. She licks the carpet which isn't bad, just annoying. Sometimes when I tell her to do one trick, she'll do another just to spite me. :rolleyes: She barks when she's excited.

Leather barks when she's excited...And she chews herself.

Frisco is way too friggin hyper lol. He likes to climb on my dresser and knock everything off.

Sara drinks out of the toilet and the shower. It's annoying because she'll jump in the shower and drink, but get her feet all wet and than tread mud through the house. She also meows like crazy all the time. And she begs for food. And she only suddenly just started scratching the couch.

LoudLou
12-06-2003, 06:19 PM
LOUD Louie's bad habits: I am an INFORMER. I INFORM about almost EVERYTHING... the Beans think I am a tattle tail and Mama says I am the most UN-reliable doorbell .... Hmmph! Oh, and I also chew my Piggies (Feet) but only cause I am allergic to grass so they itch.

Garbonzo Bean's bad habits: I can be a whiny boy. I have mastered the YEEEowl that makes Mama and Daddy stop everything.

Mocha Bean: I am Daddy's Little Princess. I have no bad habits! Oh, wait I guess I do... I beg, Daddy always gives me treats. And Mama says I have Pokey Pokey Paws.

Pam
12-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Bella - steals tissues out of the bathroom trash can.
Ripley - greets me like he has little springs on his feet until I pick him up and quiet him down a little.
Trevor - wakes me up too early in the morning, meowing and walking all over me, begging for breakfast.
Andy - Drools all over me when I give him cuddles. Actually this is a sign of affection so I guess I should be pleased. Maybe I'll just buy him a bib.

Twisterdog
12-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Oh my .... where to start ....

Basil - BARKS, BARKS, BARKS, BARKS .... raids the bathroom garbage can (bleck!) and marks in the house. :mad:

Jack - marks in the house. :mad:

Georgie - marks in the house. :mad:

Wishbone - is grumpy is anyone touches him, looks at him, breaths his air or invades his space ... and marks in the house. :mad:

... Do we see a pattern here? Toooo many male dogs in the house perhaps? .....

Vanilla - BARKS, BARKS, BARKS, BARKS .... and whines when she wants attention.

Queenie - bites the other dogs just for fun, you can seeee the joy on her face when she does it. :rolleyes:

Lacie - sleeps in the middle of the hall and won't move ... but she's deaf, so that's not really her fault.

Lucky, Pepper and Keito ..... they're just about perfect. :D

primabella
12-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Mickey's only bad habits are his love for chewing my mittens so he'll actually grab them off my hands. Those and socks. :rolleyes: Lol. He also hates it when he is ignored and WILL let you know. ;)

Sky used to try and tip her food containers over but she has stopped that. Thank God because it was sooo annoying. Rocket hates it when I pay more attention to Sky, like if I pet her or give her a bath. He'll jump up on my hand and sqwack. :p

Lol but here are a few more reasons why you gotta love your pet. ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Abby scrapes her bowl on the floor when she's hungry. She sticks her paw in the dish then shoots it across the floor-- she kicks it almost. And she won't stop until you get her more water or food.

She has been horrible lately, she keeps digging in the garbage, eats food off the counter, anything. She is just horrible. She even does it when you are watching. It makes lots of people mad.

She also likes to rub herself on the couch. She just walks back and forth, rubbing her face on the couch. It really annoys my mom.

She growls when she needs to go outside.

She also barks at anything that walks by and won't say hi or pet her. She likes barking... a lot.

If I take food somewhere, she's always right there. If I close the door so she can't come, she cries till you let her in.

She also likes to jump on the door, people, anything. We're working on it.

amoore
12-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Jojo begs for food an hour before feeding time.

Tiny tries to french kiss.

Sunny goes crazy running around the house several times a day!

I couldn't live without them.:)

trayi52
12-07-2003, 11:40 AM
Buffy likes to bark and pretend she has ran our company off, she usually hides until they are walking out the door.

Dana, 100 pounds or more of her, thinks she is a lap dog.

Stubby likes sleeping on my desk.

Charlie Sweet has one habit I will not mention, but the one habit I will mention is he trys to stick his head up my nose.

Grover likes to climb the walls, as you can see in this photo of her. Have to put an attachment in, seems imagestation is maintaining itself. LOL.

mahayana
12-07-2003, 11:48 AM
My pet honeybees only have one bad habit, you will have to guess what it is...not sure they really accept me as their master,hah!

trayi52
12-07-2003, 11:53 AM
I know! I know! They want to sting you. Don't they dear brother-in-law?????

tomkatzid
12-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Lucee kills the same stuffie all the time. I don't even do surgery on it any more. The camel. It was 25 cents at a dog event, used. It had a tiny tear, and now stuffing all over EVERY day. She is a chewer too. On Thanksgiving, she broke open a pen, all over her mouth, hands and bed. She had the wirless mouse there too, but didn't chew it. This is after she has lived here for 3 months. And we were only gone 4 hours.

12-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Maya still has the bad habit of stealing food! From the counter, from Inka's bowl, from anywhere....:rolleyes:
Inka loves to chase Maya from whatever bed or box she is in! Poor Maya:( . She also changes moods in seconds... ; one second she lies purring on your lap, one minute later, she scratches you and hisses :rolleyes: Silly girl ;)