PDA

View Full Version : So what's for dinner tonight?

Christiansmommy
12-06-2003, 02:22 PM
It is snowing pretty hard here and so we are staying in. We usually go to my mom's or in laws for dinner on the weekends, but today we are staying in, in our warm cozy Christmasy decorated house ;) And i am making chili...yummy on a cold day!

I am also making Christmas cookies. It smells good in here!

How about you? What's on the menu?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-06-2003, 02:25 PM
McDonalds.

We have to leave to be in the Christmas parade soon. Eat and run!

Cookiebaker
12-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Roasted Chicken with veggies (potatoes and carrots). I cook it in an oven bag. Yummy yummy!

moosmom
12-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Frozen pizza!!

binka_nugget
12-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Whatever I find in the fridge lol

Amber
12-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Whatever I find in the fridge lol
Same Here!

Kfamr
12-06-2003, 04:12 PM
We're having Chili as well. My mom's chili, it's THE BEST. :p

She's making ham & bean soup right now too. :D

Samantha Puppy
12-06-2003, 04:20 PM
I just had some chicken noodle soup from the Chinese take-out down the street, so I'm good for another several hours. I'm going to go pick up Josh as his driveway is really long and not plowed yet and I'm sure we'll end up doing something eventually, but I don't know.

popcornbird
12-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Broiled chicken and rice, with salad of course. YUM!

jenfer
12-06-2003, 05:04 PM
I don't know yet. But I want salad. I need my veggie!!!!!!!!!

tomkatzid
12-06-2003, 05:31 PM
BBQ'd chicken legs, fixed by Tom:) It's only 3:30 and I can hardley wait....

mugsy
12-06-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm baking a turkey breast (we didn't have turkey for Thanksgiving) and I guess Mike just wants to make sandwiches. I also made "Ass Kickin'" cornbread this afternoon. It's the name brand and has jalapenos in the mix and then has dried ground habeneros that you can put in. Mike loved it. He gave me a crumb and I ran for a pop!! lol

tomkatzid
12-06-2003, 05:54 PM
I can see your eyes watering from here:eek: ;)

Tonya
12-06-2003, 06:13 PM
We're going to a Christmas party. The invitation is cute, so I'll share it:

It's Christmas time at
the Kummerle's
we've hung the lights
and trimmed the tree...
Come join us in some
Christmas cheer...
Carnitas, Margaritas and
of course, lots of Beer!

So, sounds like I'm having Mexican food. :)

dukedogsmom
12-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Potato soup with celery. Ever since I had the soup that KayAnn's dad fixed, we've been putting celery in it. Tastes a lot better. Plus corn bread, of course. It's finally getting cold here! Was 47 on the way home from work.

RobiLee
12-06-2003, 06:52 PM
I've been out shopping today so I just picked up Subway on the way home. I think I should have went to Robyn's for chilli and christmas cookies or Cookiebaker's for the Roasted chicken and veggies. Yum, Yum, people!!!

Robin :)

carole
12-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Hmm as its a warm sunny summer day in NZ, it will be cold chicken or ham and salad, no cooking over hot stove for me.:)

Cookiebaker
12-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by carole
Hmm as its a warm sunny summer day in NZ, it will be cold chicken or ham and salad, no cooking over hot stove for me.:)

I'm soooooooo jealous. Can I come visit you tonight??? It's right about 10 degrees out. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

carole
12-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Cookiebaker you are more than welcome to share in a bit of our sunshine and warmth, its really hot upstairs in the computer room, I have two fans blowing cool air, and its still stuffy, but on the other hand I hate being cold too.
Keep cosy and warm by the fire and snuggle those furbabies. cheers.:)

tomkatzid
12-06-2003, 07:48 PM
We have a fire going too. Ashlee is in her place, right in front. Lucee and Nina are with Daddy in his computer room. Mom is frying the chicken... What happend to the BBQ idea:(

aly
12-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
It is snowing pretty hard here and so we are staying in. We usually go to my mom's or in laws for dinner on the weekends, but today we are staying in, in our warm cozy Christmasy decorated house ;) And i am making chili...yummy on a cold day!

I am also making Christmas cookies. It smells good in here!

How about you? What's on the menu?

GEEZ! Can I come over?????

I'm having peanut butter on stale bread and some Ruffles for dinner, hehe. My apartment isn't decorated for Christmas and its a big mess!

Christiansmommy
12-06-2003, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by aly
[B]GEEZ! Can I come over?????

Sure!! Dinnertime is over, but we have plenty leftovers!! ;) You too, Robin...the more the merrier!! :D :D

Twisterdog
12-06-2003, 09:06 PM
We had barbequed beef ribs, biscuits and gravy ... and peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert. :)

mugsy
12-06-2003, 09:09 PM
We decided to have an actual dinner with the turkey. I made mashed potatoes and added some butter, low fat sour cream, milk (of course) and chives, and corn. All total...I would estimate 10-11 points, but I was way under so didn't worry too much.

jenfer
12-06-2003, 09:12 PM
i just had cup noodle. :o the kind i had has a little lettice though. i am too lazy to go get grocery. sigh...

Miss Meow
12-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Shane got fitted for braces this week, so it's mushy food only. Tonight is risotto with smoked trout and snow peas - yum! :)

Pre-orders will be taken for my upcoming book, Mushy Comfort Food for the Dentally Challenged ;)

wolfsoul
12-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Sweet and sour pork, honey garlic ribs, choamaine (sp?), rice, steamed broccoli, and chocolate milk.

Twisterdog
12-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Pre-orders will be taken for my upcoming book, Mushy Comfort Food for the Dentally Challenged ;)

I could write a few chapters in that book, myself ... my son has been in braces for years. :)

CatDad
12-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Shane got fitted for braces this week, so it's mushy food only. Tonight is risotto with smoked trout and snow peas - yum! :)

My girlfriend just got hers off last month. Good luck, it is not a fun time. They do get used to them however. Your dinner still sounds really good.

We just had some pizza delivered.

12-07-2003, 07:21 AM
I am preparing a typical Flemish dish, called "HUTSEPOT" What is that :confused: :confused: ???

It is a kind of stew. 5 different veggies (leek, celery, carrots, green cabbage and turnip) has to be cutted in small pieces; add 5 potatoes, and put it on a low plate, for at least 1 hour.
Mash it.
Serve it with a "piece" of porc (from the ham).

YUMMIE!!!!!!!!!
(don't forget P&S!)

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-07-2003, 07:52 AM
We had a BBQ yesterday and there are loads of leftovers, so we will just 'nuke' some leftovers tonight. (I am such a lazy cook - whenever we BBQ I buy loads of extra food for the next day):o

joycenalex
12-07-2003, 05:50 PM
right now i have a meatloaf and cabbage rolls in the oven. i'll have a small slice of the meatloaf, some baked potato and greenbeans for dinner tonight and freeze the rest of the meatloaf and all of the cabbage rolls for future meals over the next weeks. i get home from work at 6:30, by the time the dog is fed, cats greeted, coat hung, dog in&out, clothes changed it's 7:20pm, too late for me to want to start meal preps, but i'll warm up the casseroles or some soup.

Cataholic
12-07-2003, 05:52 PM
I had appetizers for dinner. Stuffed mushrooms! yummy!!

mugsy
12-07-2003, 07:05 PM
We haven't had dinner yet, but I think we're having ham. If not, we bought Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine meals and we'll eat those.

popcornbird
12-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Don't know what we're having for dinner tonight! We're invited to a friend's house!

Kfamr
12-07-2003, 07:15 PM
We had chili, Again. :)

jenfer
12-07-2003, 07:27 PM
noodle, some meat and VEGGIE!

trayi52
12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
I love Chili, put some cheese on it, and lots of it, sounds so good. I need a good Chili recipe. Kfamr, you are making me hungry for Chili.

Jordan, sweet and sour pork sounds good too, all this talk about food is making me hungry. Makes me want to go raid the kitchen, and look for some good food. Yummy!!!!!

Thanks guys, you just made me very hungry. :) :) ;) , how about directing me to some good chili and some good sweet and sour pork recipes?:D hint, hint.

Cookiebaker
12-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Popcorn & Cherry Yogurt. :p Had a big lunch, so just a lite dinner tonight.

mugsy
12-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Well the ham if finally done and we had ham and mac and cheese. Mike is such a good cook...the ham was awesome.

Kfamr
12-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I love Chili, put some cheese on it, and lots of it, sounds so good. I need a good Chili recipe. Kfamr, you are making me hungry for Chili.

Oh it's sooooooo yummy. I'm not sure if my mom has a recipe that I could tpye out, I think she it's all in her head, lol. I'll ask her to write it down so I could type it out. :)

Oh, I HAVE to have LOTS of cheese on my chili. :D :D

cali
12-07-2003, 09:56 PM
old el paso borritos, with tomato and cheese for toppings! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:D

trayi52
12-07-2003, 10:18 PM
oh, Kay you are making so hungry for some good Chili with lots and lots of cheese on it, yummy, yummy sounds so good. Dig it out of your mothers brain if you have to. :D

Logan
12-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Robyn, I'm just seeing this message now (on Monday), but on Saturday night, we had chili too!!! (No Christmas cookies, though).

My brother was married on Saturday morning and we had lots of yummy heavy appetizers afterward. I had all the chili fixins ready so cooked it when we got home Saturday night. I think it tasted even better, left over, last night!!! :) I usually use one of those packaged chili mixes that already has the spices measured out, add tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes, plus ground beef and sage sausage.

How do you guys fix chili???

Christiansmommy
12-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Logan

How do you guys fix chili??? [/B]

Sage Sausage sounds great, Logan.

We brown ground meat and onions. Add crushed tomatos and tomato paste, some water added to that, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and cook it for a while then add the kidney beans and cook one more hour. It is really good with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and some bread and butter on the side :) Simple yet good.

Logan
12-08-2003, 12:35 PM
We definitely use the grated cheddar cheese, plus we even use Sour Cream, to tone it down a bit (as I get a bit heavy handed with the cayenne pepper). We serve it with Tortilla Chips or Fritos (my favorite), or cornbread. :)

Edit: I totally forgot the beans!!!! I used black beans in this chili but I usually use kidney beans or pinto beans!!! :)

trayi52
12-08-2003, 03:33 PM
You guys are really trying to make me hungry for Chili, aren't you?
Now I'm going to have to score some Chili somewhere. Lets see now where do I go??? Ummmmmmmmm, thinking.......:)

Cookiebaker
12-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Home made sloppy joes (not from a can). MMmmmm. (This is my version of chili ;))

slick
12-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I need a good Chili recipe.
I have a recipe called "A Red Hot Chili Nightmare" but it's really not that hot. I usually put it in the slow cooker and let it bake all day. There is a long list of ingredients but mainly spices (I think 12 to be exact...). There's also a bit of dark chocolate in it. It's absolutely wonderful. Let me know if you want the recipe.

popcornbird
12-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Well...............my *nose* tells me there's chicken cooking downstairs in the kitchen, and I believe I smell some sort of veggies too. I don't know for sure.............I didn't ask my mom what's cooking today, nor did I go downstairs and in the kitchen. I've been doing my homework for the past 2 hours, and was too busy! Whatever it is.........it smells good!

*Hoping its a traditional chicken/spinach dish my mom makes, that I LOVE! That's what it smells like!*

Kfamr
12-08-2003, 07:16 PM
My mom just wrote down the chili recipe for me, i'll make another thread.

Today we had meatloaf and roasted potatos.

carole
12-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Well its pasta and mince cooked in a pasta sauce for the boys in the family and Home-made low-fat hamburgers (hawaiian style) for the girls., and guess who enjoyed his weekly feast of mince, Ash my big boy just loves it, lexie turns her nose up at it. hmm.

Christiansmommy
12-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Left over Chinese food tonight. Garlic Scallops and Shrimp and Grandfather Chicken...yum!

Cincy'sMom
12-08-2003, 08:15 PM
I made jambalya tonight...I had beenthining about chili last week,but ended up making spaghetti instead. Maybe this week I'll make White Chicken chili

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Daddy's homemade grilled cheese...*drooling*

dukedogsmom
12-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Sonny's bbq chicken wings. They are so good. Better than KFC, I think.

Christiansmommy
12-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I made jambalya tonight...I had beenthining about chili last week,but ended up making spaghetti instead. Maybe this week I'll make White Chicken chili

MMMMMM!!!! I LOVE white chicken chili...if you happen to get a chance at some point, can you post the recipe...i havent had that for a long time and would love to make some!! YUM!!!

Shelteez2
12-08-2003, 08:27 PM
I'm having Subway for supper tonight. I get lazy when I'm living on my own, LOL

Cincy'sMom
12-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
MMMMMM!!!! I LOVE white chicken chili...if you happen to get a chance at some point, can you post the recipe...i havent had that for a long time and would love to make some!! YUM!!!

No problem...I already have it on the 'puter!

Chicken Chili:

2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 green pepper
1 onion
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
48 oz Great Northern Beans (with juice)
2-14 oz cans Chicken Broth
3 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
salt and pepper to taste

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and brown in minimal oil. Add green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes. Add beans, broth and seasoning. Simmer 10-15 minutes.

Optional additions after serving:
Shredded cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Tortilla chips

Christiansmommy
12-08-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
No problem...I already have it on the 'puter!

Chicken Chili:

2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 green pepper
1 onion
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
48 oz Great Northern Beans (with juice)
2-14 oz cans Chicken Broth
3 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
salt and pepper to taste

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and brown in minimal oil. Add green pepper, onion and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes. Add beans, broth and seasoning. Simmer 10-15 minutes.

Optional additions after serving:
Shredded cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Tortilla chips

Great, thanks!!!! I will print it out now!!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Chinese Food! *YUM* :D
Orange Chicken, Rice, Chow Mein, Broccoli Beef, Egg Rolls...:p

trayi52
12-08-2003, 10:02 PM
God, you people love to make me miserable and hungry don't you??? I don't know whos house I want to visit, Poppys sounds good tonight, Kfamr, and everybody elses does, I AM SO HUNGRY!

Right now I am wanting Chili pretty badly, Kfamr, hint, hint, recipe please.

I like recipes, I collect them, so please post away. Thank you everybody.:)

Tray

Kfamr
12-08-2003, 10:05 PM
I posted the recipe HERE! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39528)

Made my mom write it down especially for you guys! :p

Sevens
12-08-2003, 10:43 PM
We were bad tonite...too much cleaning to do, so we just had Marie Callendar's Frozen Dinners. I had the chicken pot pie, washed down with Berry Gatorade and a jelly donut from Dunkin Donuts. Sooooo healthy:rolleyes: :D

andrea_NMAggie
12-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Since I've been naughty all weekend, I decided to make a salad...Spring mix (yeah, salad that looks like weeds)...and avocado, feta cheese, red bell pepper, and tomatoes, with balsamic vinegrette...sooo yummie.

tomkatzid
12-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Cake and ice cream for me. It's all there is here. I meant to eat at work, but by the time I got in there the food was all gone.

Kfamr
12-27-2003, 09:24 PM
Dukedogsmom and I ordered Pizza :)

Christiansmommy
12-27-2003, 09:38 PM
Tonight was Taco Bell :)

Kfamr
12-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Mmm.. Taco Bell. What'd ya get?

carole
12-28-2003, 12:38 PM
We are having Roast Lamb tonight, thanks to my dad giving us half a sheep for xmas, I usually give the kitties some, but they have been turning their noses up at it lately, fussy furbabies, they don't know how lucky they are!!!!!:)
We shall have gourmet potatoes, Roast Kumara, carrots, peas and gravy to go with it, its not too hot in NZ today, so it should be nice.

jenfer
12-28-2003, 02:16 PM
Last nite I had McDonald...McChicken and fries and chocolate sundae :o
Maybe I will eat healthier tonite. :o :o :o

Amber
12-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Tonight we are having Chicken! YUM! with cor on the cob!! yum!

wolfsoul
12-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Tonight we are having turkey soup and nachos.

RobiLee
12-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Tonite we are having Roast with potatos and carrots. Yum! One of my favorites.

Robin :)