PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Cannibal Man

G.P.girl
12-06-2003, 12:42 PM
did you guys hear about this? it's so freaky! everybody was talking about it at school. even the teachers...

ok here it is. it's so gross!

To the family next door, Armin Meiwes seemed the perfect neighbour. He mowed their lawn, repaired their car and even invited them round for dinner.
Other residents in the small German town of Rotenburg also believed there was nothing odd about the 42-year-old computer expert, whose light burned late into the night inside his creaking mansion. Yesterday, however, Meiwes appeared in court charged with killing - and then frying and eating - another man.

In one of the most extraordinary trials in German criminal history, the self-confessed cannibal admitted that he had met a 43-year-old Berlin engineer, Bernd Brandes, after advertising on the internet, and had chopped him up and eaten him.

It was, he said, something he had wanted to do for a long time. "I always had the fantasy and in the end I fulfilled it," Meiwes told the court on the first day of his trial for murder in the nearby city of Kassel.

Yesterday German prosecutors described how Meiwes had fantasised about killing and devouring someone, including his classmates, from the age of eight.

The desire grew stronger after the death of his mother in 1999, prosecutor Marcus Köhler said.

In March 2001 Meiwes advertised on the internet for a "young well-built man, who wanted to be eaten". Brandes replied.

On the evening of March 9, the two men went up to the bedroom in Meiwes' rambling timbered farmhouse. Mr Brandes swallowed 20 sleeping tablets and half a bottle of schnapps before Meiwes cut off Brandes' penis, with his agreement, and fried it for both of them to eat.

Brandes - by this stage bleeding heavily - then took a bath, while Meiwes read a Star Trek novel.

In the early hours of the morning, he finished off his victim by stabbing him in the neck with a large kitchen knife, kissing him first.

The cannibal then chopped Mr Brandes into pieces and put several bits of him in his freezer, next to a takeaway pizza, and buried the skull in his garden.

Over the next few weeks, he defrosted and cooked parts of Mr Brandes in olive oil and garlic, eventually consuming 20kg of human flesh before police finally turned up at his door.

"With every bite, my memory of him grew stronger," he said.

Behind bars, Meiwes told detectives that he had consumed his victim with a bottle of South African red wine, had got out his best cutlery and decorated his dinner table with candles. He tasted of pork, he added.

The unprecedented case has proved problematic for German lawyers who discovered that cannibalism is not illegal in Germany.

Instead, they have charged Meiwes with murder for the purposes of sexual pleasure and with "disturbing the peace of the dead".

The accused, however, has a unique defence: that his victim actually agreed to be killed and eaten.

Crucial to the case is a gruesome videotape made by Meiwes of the entire evening, during which Brandes apparently makes clear his consent.

Before setting off on his one-way journey to Rotenburg, Brandes was, outwardly at least, a successful, financially secure professional, with a live-in girlfriend.

The girlfriend, Bettina L, told German TV that she had enjoyed a healthy sex life with Brandes but they had split up after he revealed that he also liked men.

In fact, prosecutors said yesterday, Brandes was suffering from a severe psychiatric disorder and "a strong desire for self-destruction".

After killing Brandes, the German cannibal met five other men who responded to his internet advert, including one from London.

He did not, however, kill them. In July 2001 a student stumbled on Meiwes' chat-room and alerted the German authorities, who arrested him last December. Yesterday Meiwes told the court that he had felt lonely and neglected as a child after his father walked out on the family. He had fantasised about having a blond "younger brother", who he could keep forever by "consuming him".

If convicted, Meiwes faces life in prison. A verdict is due early next year. The cannibal's defence team, however, say that Meiwes is guilty at worst of 'killing on demand', which is punishable by five years in jail. In his pre-trial interview, the cannibal said that after eating Brandes he felt much better and more stable.

Brandes spoke good English, he said, and since eating him his English had improved. He also revealed that he is now writing his memoirs. The trial, which is due to last three weeks, continues.

Uabassoon
12-06-2003, 12:52 PM
OMG that's so creppy and disturbing :(

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-06-2003, 01:00 PM
How sick!!

Cannibalism isn't illegal in Germany?:eek: How about murder?!
This individual is seriously disturbed and mentally ill.

G.P.girl
12-06-2003, 01:06 PM
i don't know if it's illegal, but i think both of them are sick people. i mean who would eat thier own flesh?? i didn't even know there was a such thing as canninbal chat rooms....yuck!

RubyMutt
12-06-2003, 01:21 PM
I was meaning to post this story a couple days ago, but never got around to it :)

Do you think he should be charged with murder, since he had consent from his victim? I guess the only problem would be he obviously has the ability to take a human life, letting him back into society it's possible he may kill again... possibly without consent. It's such an odd case, and such an odd man :eek: I'm interested to see how the trial goes. I think that man is in need of some serious psychological help :(

moosmom
12-06-2003, 03:07 PM
MOVE OVER HANNIBAL LECHTER!!!!!

And I thought Jeffrey Dahlmer was a pig!!! :eek: :eek:

Cookiebaker
12-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Eww! That's nasty!! I was gagging the whole time I read that. EWW! :eek:

slick
12-06-2003, 03:37 PM
The specialty of the house tonight is fried testicles served with a light cream sauce with a side sausage. Would you like fries with that?? :D :D :D

Kfamr
12-06-2003, 04:03 PM
How true is that??!! :confused: :confused:

And how could the man live overnight with his penis cut off?

RICHARD
12-06-2003, 07:51 PM
I think his taste in men was a little overstated.....

mahayana
12-06-2003, 08:37 PM
"Donner Party, a group of emigrants to California, who in the winter of 1846-47...were trapped in snow-covered passes...The surviving members were driven to cannibalism...fewer than half of the original 87 members, mainly from Illinois and Iowa, made it to Sacramento."

Food for thought?

Twisterdog
12-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
How true is that??!! :confused: :confused:

And how could the man live overnight with his penis cut off?

Exactly what I was thinking! I'm sorry, but I don't think that's possible .... plus, he took a bath after?! Blood will not clot in warm water ... you die.

And, you know ... the guy is dead ... how does anyone KNOW this Meiwes guy had his permission to kill and eat him?!?

Something about this sounds fishy to me.

Soledad
12-06-2003, 09:39 PM
I don't really know all the details, but I think the proof they have that the man entered into this willingly was because he answered the other man's ad. The ad asked for someone who was willing to be killed and eaten by him. I imagine this would suffice for consent.

Oh! The victim also consented in a video tape.

Twisterdog
12-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
I imagine this would suffice for consent.

LOL ... yes, I would think so! Sheesh .... the world is stranger than I thought! :eek:

micki76
12-06-2003, 09:46 PM
I don't really know all the details, but I think the proof they have that the man entered into this willingly was because he answered the other man's ad. The ad asked for someone who was willing to be killed and eaten by him. I imagine this would suffice for consent.

The article also said there was a videotape of the man saying he wanted to be eaten:

Originally posted by G.P.girl
Crucial to the case is a gruesome videotape made by Meiwes of the entire evening, during which Brandes apparently makes clear his consent.

About the man living til the morning wihtout his penis; I think it would be possible, if he didn't get excited. The blood flow would be normal, as long as he wasn't aroused. It would be fairly easy for the blood to clot and the article said he took a bath, not that he remained in the tub to soak.

slick
12-06-2003, 10:12 PM
John Bobbitt lived for a while before his penis was re-attached...

http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/~perspy/old/issues/2000/retro/lorena_bobbitt.html

CathyBogart
12-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
And, you know ... the guy is dead ... how does anyone KNOW this Meiwes guy had his permission to kill and eat him?!?

Something about this sounds fishy to me.

Read the rest of the article, the part where they talk about the videotape where the guy gives consent. ;)

Kfamr
12-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by micki76

About the man living til the morning wihtout his penis; I think it would be possible, if he didn't get excited. The blood flow would be normal, as long as he wasn't aroused. It would be fairly easy for the blood to clot and the article said he took a bath, not that he remained in the tub to soak.

I thought of that, but.... What about the pain? How could he just take a bath, with his genitals, one of the most sensitive areas or your body, chopped off? And who in their right mind would agree to let someone chop off and eat their penis, and join them while they dine. I mean, they were obviously NOT in their right mind (if this is true) but still.

I'd just like to see somewhat evidence that this is true, it's just too crazy to believe, especially since his neighbors all thought of him as a nice, normal man.

Rottieluver45
12-06-2003, 10:38 PM
Geeez that story is so creepy!! Ewwww!

G.P.girl
12-06-2003, 11:11 PM
i think it's got to be true. i saw it on alot of news stations (cnn, fox etc) and i dont hink they would risk thier reputation for some dumb scam... do you jguys think he should be charged with murder? orj just put in jail because he is a danger to society?

Nomilynn
12-06-2003, 11:21 PM
I did a google search on it and there are several stories about this case and even some pictures of the accused's house. So, even if it isn't real, it's sensationalism sure has captured some interest :p

Kfamr
12-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Well, if it IS true, just let him skim out the crazy people that are willing to be eaten! :eek:

aly
12-07-2003, 12:30 AM
That was GROSS. I was heating up some quiche. Now I think I won't be able to eat all week!

I knew I should've waited til AFTER I ate to read that .. but of course that might have had worse results :o

Will be interesting to see what happens.

G.P.girl
12-07-2003, 12:30 AM
i saw pictures of him and i think he resembled Hannibal Lector....maybe it was just my imagination though...but he was creepy anyways!

aly
12-07-2003, 12:55 AM
I looked up a picture of him too. He looks CREEEEEEPY.

I seriously wouldn't recommend for anyone else to go look - you might have nightmares.

RubyMutt
12-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I thought of that, but.... What about the pain? How could he just take a bath, with his genitals, one of the most sensitive areas or your body, chopped off? And who in their right mind would agree to let someone chop off and eat their penis, and join them while they dine. I mean, they were obviously NOT in their right mind (if this is true) but still.

I believe he was HIGHLY drugged up. It's almost surprising he didn't OD before he bled to death.

slick
12-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I think his taste in men was a little overstated.....
Now that's hitting below the belt.....

Soledad
12-07-2003, 11:18 AM
Yeah, Richard, that was really in bad taste. ;)

wolfsoul
12-07-2003, 01:10 PM
How terribly disturbing. I'll never eat pork again lol. And my friend told me just a while ago that pigs have 3/4 identical chromosomes to humans. :eek:

My psychology teacher was explaining to us the definition of insanity at the beginning of the year. He told us the true story or how a man chopped up little boys, putting them in plastic bags in his freezer, and eating small pieces of them on pizza everynight. but because he tried to hide this by hiding the bodies and cleaning up any evidence, he wasn't insane.

dukedogsmom
12-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Richard, you and I have the same sense of humor. I thought it was hilarious!! And, I would think that trying to hide any mess from the murders, that would prove them more insane. Scummy defense attorneys for ya.

slick
12-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Richard, you and I have the same sense of humor. I thought it was hilarious!!
Me too DDM!!! I'm not the least bit grossed about it. I almost fell off my chair the first time I read it!! :D :D

IttyBittyKitty
12-07-2003, 07:27 PM

Oh! The victim also consented in a video tape.

Hmm, I don't want to be too naughty here but I'm guessing that when this guy responded to an ad calling for a man who wants to be "eaten" he probably didn't think that this sick meant "literally!"

EDIT: I'm serious ... not trying to be rude ...

Rottieluver45
12-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Where do you go to see a picture of him?

IttyBittyKitty
12-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
How terribly disturbing. I'll never eat pork again lol. And my friend told me just a while ago that pigs have 3/4 identical chromosomes to humans. :eek:

My psychology teacher was explaining to us the definition of insanity at the beginning of the year. He told us the true story or how a man chopped up little boys, putting them in plastic bags in his freezer, and eating small pieces of them on pizza everynight. but because he tried to hide this by hiding the bodies and cleaning up any evidence, he wasn't insane.

That's right ... that indicates pre-meditation and deliberate attempts to evade authorities THUS he knew that what he was doing was illegal and therefore he can be tried for murder :)

slick
12-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
Where do you go to see a picture of him?
http://www.arminm.com/

Try this.

Rottieluver45
12-07-2003, 07:52 PM
OMG!! That`s so disgusting!

Barbara
12-08-2003, 04:30 AM
It is one of the most horrible and disgusting stories I ever heard about and I hate to look at the face daily in the newspapers -because the face looks so normal:(

popcornbird
12-08-2003, 11:35 AM
My dad heard this story on the news and told me of it. Its so disgusting that I cannot take it. How could ANY human being eat another? YUCK YUCK YUCK! Sicko!

Twisterdog
12-11-2003, 11:42 PM
And the latest on this ..... :rolleyes:

"Peta send tofu and veggie burgers to cannibal

Germany's self-confessed cannibal killer Armin Meiwes has been sent a vegetarian cookbook and a Christmas hamper full of veggie burgers and tofu.

Animals rights group Peta (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is behind the stunt and says it would be a major coup if it could convert Meiwes to vegetarianism.

Meiwes is on trial for killing, dismembering and eating the flesh of another man.

He has admitted killing and eating his victim, but denies it was murder. Peta is hoping the mouth-watering recipes in the book and the hamper of vegetarian foods will persuade him to mend his ways.

The vegetarian starter kit was sent to Meiwes' prison cell in the town of Kassel, where the trial is taking place.

Peta spokesman Juergen Faulmann said: "What this man did to a German computer expert is done to other creatures every day.

"The cruel scenario of slaughtering, cutting up, portioning, freezing and eating of body parts is the grim reality for more than 450 million sentient individuals that are killed in this country every year."

"People who eat meat feel disgusted by human flesh. Vegetarians feel disgusted by any sort of meat.""

Source: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_846062.html?menu=news.quirkies

slick
12-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Excuuuuuuzzzzze me....like that's going to do any good?????

popcornbird
12-11-2003, 11:50 PM
OMG Twisterdog. OMG! Peta.............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soledad
12-12-2003, 12:30 AM
PETA shows its true colors once more. Yes, folks, apparently if you're going to eat meat, it might as well be computer programmer meat as well. Wow now they're insensitive and complete idiots.:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

G.P.girl
12-12-2003, 08:42 AM
i wonder if the guy ate the tofu and stuff. imean it' got to be better than the prison food.
but i foubt the gu eats on a strict human diet, even meat eaters eat veggies and stuff, so i seriously doubt that him eating a veggieburger will convert him to a vegetarian.:rolleyes: <sigh...PETA,PETA,PETA,> *shakes head at PETA*

12-12-2003, 11:24 AM
wow, the cannibal is one odd person. he'll probably get off with agreement to the nuthouse for a short while. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
12-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
And the latest on this ..... :rolleyes:

"Peta send tofu and veggie burgers to cannibal

Isn't PETA why this guy is in trouble?

G.P.girl
12-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Isn't PETA why this guy is in trouble?
no, some other guy turned him in because he was looking for more people to eat in a chatroom.