PDA

View Full Version : Obedience Classes for Jasper??

DogLover9501
12-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Well a proffessional(sp?) trainer around here, has replied to an e-mail I sent, he says they have classes starting in January, and its 10 weeks(one night a week) for 161.00 taxes included. They teach sit, down, heel, come, stay, a few other things, and they will fix any behavior problems he has. Is 160 bucks alot for 10 classes? Or should I go ahead and save up?

aly
12-06-2003, 11:46 AM
I think thats a pretty decent price if the classes are good.

You might want to ask if you can observe a class or two before signing up. Also, ask him what his methods of training are (you want him to respond that he uses positive reinforcement).

DogLover9501
12-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks, I just emailed back and also added that question to it :)

binka_nugget
12-06-2003, 02:18 PM
$160 is fairly resonable for a set of classes. We're paying $110 for 10 classes right now with a very good trainer. I'd pay $200 each if she asked because I'm very comfertable with the way she teaches. Like Aly suggested, it'd be a good idea to watch through a few classes and see if you think Jasper would suit the way he teaches.

DogLover9501
12-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Yes I think the price is some-what reasonable, another guy told me $45 an hour:eek:

Anyway, I just hope I can get the $161, I dont even have enough money to buy the rest of my x-mas gifts right now:o Since I only babysit, and the people I babysit for pay me whenever they feel like it :rolleyes: I guess they dont think a 16 year old needs money for anything! and I just can't stop babysitting for them because theyre family, plus I would miss Samantha.

I have been trying to talk to my mom about letting my grandmother and godmother to give me money(because they send my mom money to buy something for me from them) but my mom hasnt listened to me much since she got sick in march:( :rolleyes:

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-07-2003, 03:17 AM
It's reasonable...........
our group trainer thingy here charges 130 for 11 secions, but i don't go very often, i usually train at my grandma's, she does private lessons. Did you look into private lessons? Sometimes they are cheaper. usually they are more, but sometimes you get lucky and they are cheaper ;)

clara4457
12-07-2003, 01:21 PM
I actually think group classes would be better and $161 is not unreasonable. After reading the posts about Jasper, I think it is almost as important for him to socialize as it is to learn basic commands. Some trainers will also let you pay weekly which might be a little easier to handle financially.

Hopefully your Mom will agree to let you have the money from your grandmother. I can't think of a better present than to help you be a great furmom. :)

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-07-2003, 02:29 PM
OOPS I forgot to say that my grandma does GROUP lessons too! I go to those. and yes, that's reasonable. For my grandma's class, you pay as you go, weekly, so, if your sick and can't go, your not wasting your money.....you know? ;)