PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite face cleanser?

jenfer
12-05-2003, 10:50 PM
Ok, we have talked about lip balm and shampoo. How about face cleanser?

I use Cetaphil.

shais_mom
12-06-2003, 12:36 AM
I am a reformed Clinique user, of their 3 step system.
But I do like ph labs Totally Juicy Apricot face scrub and Neutrogena face scrub, and of course so does the Clinique 7 day scrub, tho a little pricier. They ROCK!

RubyMutt
12-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Johnson & Johnson's
Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser

Tonya
12-06-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by jenfer
Ok, we have talked about lip balm and shampoo. How about face cleanser?

I use Cetaphil.

Ditto!

bluekat
12-06-2003, 09:43 AM
I haven't used it in awhile though, but I use Neutrogena:) I haven't tried a lot of different kinds, but I think Neutrogena is the best one for me.

Amber
12-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by bluekat
but I use Neutrogena:) I haven't tried a lot of different kinds, but I think Neutrogena is the best one for me.
Same here! Neutrogena makes my face feel soo re-freshed

Uabassoon
12-06-2003, 11:26 AM
I use proactive.

jenfer
12-06-2003, 05:44 PM
I have used Proactiv too, but since my acne has improved, so I am not using it any more. My skin get irriated very easily, so Cetaphil is better for me.

Soledad
12-06-2003, 05:58 PM
I have pretty good skin, so this is one product I can afford to go cheap on. I'm a big fan of St. Ive's Apricot scrub. It's cheap, works well and the company doesn't test on animals. What more could you ask for?

carole
12-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Well I hate to admit it but I use no cleanser, just water, because I am at that middle age where my hormones are affecting my skin ,and I find cleansers just irritate it more and bring out blemishes, so this works better for me, but I like to use Oil Of Olay moisturisers .

shais_mom
12-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Soledad, if you like St. Ives, you should try the ph labs, totally juicy apricot facial scrub!! Its awesome and about the same price also.

shais_mom
12-08-2003, 12:51 AM
http://www.drugstore.com/search/search.asp?search=apricot+scrub&searchtype=1&trx=28198&trxp1=60&srchtree=1 :D

carole
12-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Since we are on the subject of cleansers, I would like some advice, my daughter who is 11 is showing interest in cleansing and moisturising her face etc, she does not use make-up except a bit of lippy and eyeshadow on special occassions, like school discos etc, so when should I start her on the facial routine, I don't want to introduce products too soon, as she still has lovely skin.

Miss Meow
12-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by carole
Since we are on the subject of cleansers, I would like some advice, my daughter who is 11 is showing interest in cleansing and moisturising her face etc, she does not use make-up except a bit of lippy and eyeshadow on special occassions, like school discos etc, so when should I start her on the facial routine, I don't want to introduce products too soon, as she still has lovely skin.

Carole, your daughter mightn't like this, but sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! :) Most sun-related skin damage occurs before the age of 18 (wish I knew that when I was young!) How about a gentle cleanser and a moisturiser with sunscreen for day wear, and a makeup remover for when she's wearing makeup? At her age, she doesn't need much makeup :)

shais_mom
12-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Do you have cetaphil? That would be a nice cleanser to use if/when she needs it. Very gentle.

jenfer
12-09-2003, 12:36 AM
I like Cetaphil. :D
Good skin cleansing routine should start when one is young. I wish I knew that. Sigh... I have freckles and pimples and scars. Yuck!

NoahsMommy
12-09-2003, 12:51 AM
I don't know what I'd do without my Aveda cleanser, toner, exfolliant and moisturizer (can't forget my night time fluid as well). With my crohn's, my skin really takes a huge beating and its the only thing I've found that works so well. They never, ever test on animals and everything is all natural.

I LOVE IT!!! :D

12-09-2003, 06:09 AM
I use water, plain water!

Nibbles
12-09-2003, 08:41 AM
The disposible facial cloths are nice. Tou always get a clean one so you are not adding bacteria to the problem. You should cleanse in the morning followed by a sunscreen moisturizer. Oil free is a good idea at This age. And ALWAYS was away all make-up and pollutants before bed. Never ever go to bed with make-up on. If she gets in the habit now it will be the same as brushing her teeth. I don't think I've not washed my face at nite but 2 times in 25 years. Yes I still have some blemishes once in a while but most people believe me to look 10-15 years younger than I am. So it pays off to take care of your skin. Oh and remind her that smoking will make you look like the crypt keeper. Look at some older ladies who smoke and notice those wrinkles around their mouths. That is from sucking on cigerrettes. Their skin is usually thick and leathery looking too. Ok I'm done being the mom.

wolfsoul
12-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Just to let everyone know, Johnson's and Johnson's/Clean and Clear/Neutrogena tests on animals.

I use Mary Kay. :D They were the first makeup company to start the march against animal testing!

green_chameleon_girl
12-09-2003, 11:13 AM
I use Apricot Scrub it works really well:)

kohala
12-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Nibbles
Oh and remind her that smoking will make you look like the crypt keeper. Look at some older ladies who smoke and notice those wrinkles around their mouths. That is from sucking on cigerrettes. Their skin is usually thick and leathery looking too. Ok I'm done being the mom.

Excellent advice! Not all smokers (or ex-smokers) have the fortune of good genes, and this advice is too true. Smoking enlarges the pores, too, and cuts the flow of oxygen to the skin, along with the rest of the body.
But about those mouth wrinkles (I agree, by the way!) - as you grow older your experiences affect your facial expression. Notice the wrinkly mouthed womens' expressions. Keep as positive an attitude as you can throughout life, and keep your mouth relaxed, and smiling, as much as possible! Really counteracts the mouth wrinklies.
How do I know? Guess how long I smoked!!! I've been fortunate that at my age (mid-50's) I don't have leathery skin (very little sun exposure) or a pinched mouth, but if you want to speed up facial age spots, keep smoking!! To counteract the years I smoked, I cleanse with gentle soap and use moisturizers. When we went up to Idaho last month to get married I wore face make-up - YUCK! No wonder women's skin gets so messed up. Couldn't wait to wash it off at night!

One thing to keep nice skin is to drink lots of water. I was acne prone when I was younger, and still get breakouts from time to time, expecially after a chocolate binge:o !!

carole
12-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the advice , I do use sunscreen on her every single day, she hates it too, but i keep telling her, you wanna look like an old wrinkled prune and get skin cancer, or what? she puts up with it, because I give her NO CHOICE or say in the matter.

Staci I think I have heard of that product, I think she can wait a while, she has just shown an interest in all these sorts of things lately, but yep maybe I will give it a try..:)

shais_mom
12-10-2003, 01:30 AM
yea Carole, I wouldn't encourage her to use makeup/cleansers at a such a young age. "Momma knows best" :) ;)
I just thought that would be a good one to start on.:)

Ph labs does Not animal test. :)

http://www.totallyjuicy.com/totallyjuicy.asp

carole
12-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info Staci, will keep it in mind cheers.:)