PDA

View Full Version : Nala'a leg is 'cracking' when she walks..

Kfamr
12-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Nala's leg has been cracking when she walks ever since last night. you know the sound when you crack yout knuckles or neck? Or the sound when you get up and your bones 'crack'? well that's how it is when she walks.

What could be wrong with her leg to cause it? I've massaged them many times/moved them around. Any advice, please?

I'm going to ask my parents to bring us to the vet if it doesn't stop.

stacwase
12-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Gee - I wish I could help you out. Does she seem to be in pain? It sounds like something could be slightly dislocated or she might have an injured tendon which isn't holding the joints together tightly enough. I think a trip to the vet is a good idea, if it doesn't get better by tomorrow.

Kfamr
12-05-2003, 06:59 PM
She doesn't seem like she's in pain at all, if she was she'd be at the vet immeadiatly. I hope it gets better and goes away....

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-05-2003, 08:32 PM
It could be that something just needs to pop, if that is the case, it will eventually go away because she popped it fake running in her sleep or something lol so don't be worried, if it gets bad, to the vet you go!
Get Better Nala :( ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
12-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Ohh, I hope it's nothing serious! I love Nala girl! She's such a beautiful girl! Keep us updated! Get well, Nala.

Kfamr
12-08-2003, 09:15 PM
It does it every once in a while.

Mostly at night when it cools down more.

Does anyone know if she could have arthritis or something, even at a young age?

I know the cold make injured bones/legs come back a bit (the pain, atleast in humans.)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-08-2003, 10:07 PM
My foot cracks too. :o lmao.

Yeah, young dogs can get arthritis, elbow displaysia, hip dyslasia, etc..like older dogs can.

I hope Nala gets better.

Shelteez2
12-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Your post reminded me of one I had read about awhile ago on another board I visit. I went back and found it. I'll post it for you as some things in it might be relevent.

Furkids (http://www.furkids.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=187&topic_id=4812&mesg_id=4812&page=4)

Kfamr
12-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks for posting that. Nala always seems a bit stiff after laying around, but she's fine when she's playing and running. She always looks like a cat arching her back when she wakes up.

binka_nugget
12-08-2003, 10:52 PM
Kaedyn's leg does that too. It scares me sometimes..I'll have to ask the vet if it could be something serious..since he's a bit older and has an unknown history. I'm off to check out that link..

tatsxxx11
12-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Oh no Nala:( Can you tell if it's coming from her elbow or shoulder? Cody was diagnosed with hip dyspalsia at age 3 and now has arthritis as a result. But I've never heard any cracking; she does limp when she over exercises though. Hopefully it's just a stiff joint or it might be ligament or tendon issue. I have a tendon in my hand that snaps and cracks. Keep us updated Kay. Sending positive thoughts!!! Hugs and slurps from Sandra, Cody and Star:)