PDA

View Full Version : I got set up at work today.

Tonya
12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
I cannot believe this is happening to me. Well, ever since I have worked outside, I've had drama. Alot of the old timers cannot stand working with a woman. Things have always gotten blamed on me. I thought that I'd finally earned my respect after 5 years.

We've had this major drama going on for like 10 years between this group of guys at my work. Ok, remember my thread about my co-worker who was losing his mind? (Referenced below.) He's one of them.

One thing has led to another. It has gotten to the point where people have threatened to beat eachother up, kill eachother, quit their jobs, get others fired, even a few fights have been broken up. Someone has been sending random notes. -Everything from "I'm gonna have your job." to "I am going to kick your a$$" Then like after the notes are found and/or there is a big blow up in the yard, a note will come by saying "You aren't sore, are you?"

Well, this morning, we come into the yard, and there are posters EVERYWHERE. They say "You are not sore, are you?" And they have a baby crying on them.

The bosses have a fit. They told us that this crap has to stop. Whenever they find out who is leaving these notes and the posters will be FIRED.

So they tell us they are going to search all the trucks to look for evidence. I hadn't cleaned out my truck in a while. I remove like 200 lbs worth of misc. supplies, trash and cables. And underneath all of that...lo and behold are copies of the posters.

Someone planted them on my truck. It looks like I hid the leftovers under all my stuff.

I can't believe this. My boss says he believes me. But that is aside the fact. Harrassment and violence in the work place is out of his hands.

BTW here's the other thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37507&highlight=Coworker

Tonya
12-05-2003, 06:18 PM
BTW...the note was directed towards Dave...but I think that Dave is actually the one that did it in order to get another guy that he hates fired.

The reasons that I think Dave did it? Here's why: Usually when things happen to Dave, he loses his temper. This morning, when this all came out, he was happy and smiling. The guy who supposedly did it got really upset this morning. That guy is a con artist, if he really did it, he would have hid his emotions. Also, Dave mentioned to me that he was missing class last night because he was going drinking with some old buddies. I've heard stories from Dave about how he's a crazy and angry drunk.

That leads to why Dave would do that to me when I am the last person that listens to him? I think that a) deep down Dave has feeling for me (He's came on to me many times.) or b) he suspects that I asked the boss not to have me work with him anymore. All of a sudden, I started avoiding him and quit working with him. (I got tired of it all.) So maybe, he got drunk, started hating me because of one of the two reasons, decided to pin the other guy too.

I don't know. :(

micki76
12-05-2003, 08:23 PM
I hate to say I told you so, but I would have demanded that something be done with this ticking time bomb long ago.

Now you'll only look vindictive or like you're trying to rid yourself of the blame if you say anything about him.

The whole situation really sucks and I feel for you. :(

Tonya
12-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I know, Micki. You are totally right! My boss just called me. He said that they narrowed it down to two people and they aren't me, so not to worry.

G.P.girl
12-06-2003, 12:49 PM
well thats good!

micki76
12-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Oh Tonya, I’m so relieved for you! What a crappy situation to find yourself in. :(

ramanth
12-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Hoping for the best for you Tonya!

(Could the management install cameras to catch whoever is posting the notes and posters?)

Tonya
12-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Being that we are a multi-gazillion dollar company, I'd think that we could afford a few cameras.

But we've had these break-ins over the past 5 years. Everytime, they steal only our really expensive equipment, ($10,000-$50,000 each). Only someone who works there would know the value of these things and exactly where they are. (This thief didn't have to rummage through things in order to find them.) I would say the tally is up to half a million in thefts and would you believe that they haven't installed a camera yet! :eek:

dukedogsmom
12-08-2003, 04:45 PM
Really sounds like employee theft! Doesn't your company have any security that investigates things like this? I was loss prevention for a department store for a while and employee theft was a big problem. Sounds like they don't want to fix the problem.

Cataholic
12-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Tonya,
That just isn't right. I know you know that, but, goodness! The nerve! I think you have been there awhile, right? So, leaving prolly isn't an option. Hang in there! Hopefully, one day, a change will be made. Those losers need to go.

Tonya
12-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Really sounds like employee theft! Doesn't your company have any security that investigates things like this? I was loss prevention for a department store for a while and employee theft was a big problem. Sounds like they don't want to fix the problem.

We have a girl who is called an "asset protection manager". Gosh knows what she does.