PDA

View Full Version : Poor poor Ewok!

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Wow, this was scary. This morning at 6:30 I all of a sudden heard all this racket and new one of the cats were running around knocking things over, and that something was obviously wrong. Dan layed in bed asleep and didn't hear a thing. I could only imagine what would have happened if I didn't wake up.

I came out to the living room to find Ewok with a plastic bag tightly wrapped around his neck, covering his feet and across the back. It was pressing on his throat and I am sure he was having trouble breathing. I immediately took him out of the bag, and he was huffing and puffing, and breathing very heavy. He was terrified. He couldn't get the back off, and I don't know how he got it on him. It was just a weird incident.

Poor guy was so scared, so scared that he peed all over the house and when I picked him up noticed he had expressed his anal glands! :eek: :( I held him and talked softly to him for a few minutes than sat him down and petted him. I hope he doesn't think I hurt him? He's all better now, like it didn't happen.

Needless to say I had a very hard time sleeping after that, as all I could do was get a big whiff of anal gland off my body from where he was resting against me while I held him. :o

I am glad he is OK, but it sure must have been scary for him. What's weird is that I never leave the plastic bags out, for Dylan's safety, but last night after Dylan went to bed I thought it was safe I could leave my clothes still in the bag on the couch, but apprently the pull to play was too strong. I am happy I got up!

CatDad
12-05-2003, 04:22 PM
OMG!! How scary is that.:eek:

I am so happy to hear that Ewok is OK and that he looks to be normal again. I am glad you got up too. You do not need any other bad news at this point.

Give Ewok a scratch for me.:)

Kirsten
12-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Oh, that's so scary!! I'm glad you woke up and were there to save him!!!

I couple of months ago, Lily wrapped herself into the lose edge of one of these fluffy blankets, it was twisted so tightly around her chest that she couldn't breathe... I had to cut it off to release her. Luckily I was at home and heard her screaming for help, otherwise... I don't even want to think about it.

Please cuddle poor Ewok from me, hope he has recovered from that scary adventure!

Kirsten

catcrazylady
12-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Poor Ewok!! He must have been so scared! I know it scared you too! I'm glad you got up and checked. It's so easy sometimes to just figure they are destroying the house and decide to leave it until morning!
We had a similar incident with Pervy one time. We were watching the tube when we heard all this racket and the next thing we knew this blue plastic Wal-Mart bag flew by us doing about 100 mph! Up the stairs at top speed went the bag! We went after it and found Pervy under the bed terrified! She had put her head through the handle hole and couldn't get out. She was so scared that she ran everytime we got near her. I finally managed to corner her and get it off. She was breathing so hard I thought she was going to have a coronary! Sure scared me!!

Do you ever wonder what goes on when we are not at home?;) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

stacwase
12-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Good thing you got up! Poor Ewok. Thanks for the posting - I never even gave a second thought to leaving plastic bags out, since I don't have small children. I never even considered the pets might hurt themselves with them.

sirrahbed
12-05-2003, 07:08 PM
oh NO! How scary! I am sure glad you got up to check and did not just think somebody was just playing. Make ME think too, because I always have those bags around and often throw the cats one to play with!! I won't anymore!! Glad Ewok is OK. Whew!!:eek:

luckies4me
12-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady

We had a similar incident with Pervy one time. We were watching the tube when we heard all this racket and the next thing we knew this blue plastic Wal-Mart bag flew by us doing about 100 mph! Up the stairs at top speed went the bag! We went after it and found Pervy under the bed terrified! She had put her head through the handle hole and couldn't get out. She was so scared that she ran everytime we got near her. I finally managed to corner her and get it off. She was breathing so hard I thought she was going to have a coronary! Sure scared me!!

Do you ever wonder what goes on when we are not at home?;) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

That's exactly what happened with Ewok! He was like a Nascar car! And he was stuck in the handle hole too! :eek:

It is scary, thank goodness I was there because he was terrified and he could have sufficated had I not woke up. I don't know how Dan didn't hear that. :rolleyes: :p

I too often wonder what on earth they do when I am away. :)

Lorraine
12-05-2003, 07:52 PM
wow, poor Ewok! I am very glad that you were there to help him, and that he is o.k. How scary that must have been. I really need to be more careful of those plastic bags. I save the ones I get to scoop out the litter boxes. how quickly cats can get themselves into sticky situations. Please give Ewok ear scritchies from me.

kuhio98
12-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Oh, I'm so glad you heard him and rescued him from that scary bag.

Sadly, I've had 2 friends that this has happened to. Debbie awoke in time to rescue Elliott who was wet with sweat and panting like crazy. I took a long time to calm him down.

Dawn was not so lucky and Fuzzerdo suffocated when she got stuck in a Cheetos bag.

Kuhio (1985-2002) never messed with plastic bags. Halo had fished bags out of the garbage from time-to-time. Thanks for the reminder of what can happen. I'll make sure the bags have rips or tears in them from now on before wadding them up and throwing them away.

luckies4me
12-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Oh no, poor kitty! :(

Just makes you wonder how safe our houses really are? We don't think about the littlest things that can cause harm to our fur kids.