PDA

View Full Version : Still problems between Luna and Lily

Kirsten
12-05-2003, 03:00 PM
I'm beginning to worry: Luna still doesn't want Lily coming close to her, and meanwhile Lily has given up approaching her. But she's very upset and confused. Lily always had such a very strong bond with Luna, and you can see now she's feeling lost. Also, she's missing her wrestling matches with Luna, and she almost freaks out now because she has too much energy!

I really hope Luna's behavior is only a temporary thing.

I called the vet regarding the Vetranquil (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39231) and she said it's a psycho drug, and that it could last for one or two more days. I hope that Luna will be back to her old self after that. Lily really misses her "mommy" Luna! Do you think Luna might have changed her personality for good now? The Vetranqil was only given to her once, to calm her down for a blood test.

Kirsten

Prairie Purrs
12-05-2003, 03:26 PM
I can't imagine that one dose of the tranquilizer would permanently change Luna's personality. I'm sure that once the effects wear off, she'll return to her usual self. :)

CatDad
12-05-2003, 04:34 PM
I agree, I would not think that a single dose would be enough to change a personality so drsastically. I can see were it has to have time to work it's way out of her system, and that would take a day.

I hope that things will get back to normal soon.

Please let us know what happens.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-05-2003, 04:43 PM
It could be the antibiotics she's taking too. I know they usually don't cause significant side effects, but every kitty reacts differently. It could be that she's just not feeling well enough to romp with little Lily. Hope things are back to normal soon - poor little Lily, all lost without her Luna to snuggle/play with. :(

Kirsten
12-05-2003, 04:50 PM
I hope it's only a temporary thing! I could understand Luna's reaction yesterday when she was still dizzy and tired from the drugs, but today, she's still acting so strange. Actually I don't think it's the antibiotics because she has got them before, and they didn't seem to have any effects on her...

Right now, they are chasing each other playfully btw which I think is a progress. Maybe it results in a wrestling match which makes Luna remember she has a kitty friend in Lily...

Kirsten

CatDad
12-05-2003, 05:25 PM
I am happy to hear that they are playing chase.:)

Maybe the effects are wearing off and things will be back to normal soon.

Keeping are fingers and paws crossed that they are back to being friends again soon.

Kirsten
12-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Things are slowly getting better here! Last night, I saw Lily suckling while Luna was grooming her, but in the morning, she hissed at her again.

During the day, they played or rested together on their blanket, and Luna seems to be her old self again now!

But what an frustrating episode has this been! :eek:

Kirsten

CatDad
12-07-2003, 12:29 AM
I am so happy to hear that they are making nice with each other.:)

I know how you feel, after I brought Joey home from her extended stay at the vet, the Bob would only hiss at her, and they had been getting along so well.

Please let us know how they are progressing.

bisi.cat
12-07-2003, 02:03 AM
Kirsten,
I am not sure wether you've mentioned it, but is Lily spayed already?!

As Luna always felt a bit like Lily's mom that could be one of the reasons...because as soon as "their" kittens come into heat the mothers often refuse close contact with them...in the wild this is the moment when the youngsters are send out to find their own territories...
An intact male or female is almost always superior to spayed/neuterd cats in the pecking order and that might arise some conflicts between them?!

Kirsten
12-07-2003, 05:45 AM
I know how you feel, after I brought Joey home from her extended stay at the vet, the Bob would only hiss at her, and they had been getting along so well.

They seem to forget so quickly, don't they? And all the different scents on them (for example after a vet visit), or a change in their behavior (after sickness, or under influence of meds) doesn't make it easier... :(

bisi.cat, actually I was wondering about that, too! Lily isn't spayed yet, but I have made an appointment for Tuesday. I hear from all sides "she's too young", "she's too small" and "It's cruel", but she's 6 and a half months now, and she IS slowly getting into heat, and of course I don't want her to feel too superior - well, she does anyway!

Kirsten

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-07-2003, 05:52 AM
Kirsten, I hope that the progress continues, and that your beautiful girls are soon best friends again!

ScantyNebula
12-07-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that those two sweeties aren't getting along like they used to :( I am sure things will get better soon

Kirsten
12-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Thanks! :)

It's much better already! :) when I came home today, I found Lily suckling... :) and they're also playing together again.

I'm sure all this was only due to the drug Luna got last week at the vet's. She probably felt kind of strange and Lily was getting on her nerves. But now she has switched back into the Luna girl I know - and Lily is happy! :)

Kirsten