PDA

View Full Version : Sara luvs her Tinky......

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 07:40 AM
What happened to Macy and her babies ?

Did you see her again ?

Just looking for an update :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Macy is still coming over to eat... but she never brought her babies over.

I am guessing that maybe they are living with someone else. .... I can tell she is still nursing them though..

I really wanted to see the babies... but in a small way it would have been SOOO HARD letting them go.!!!

I am going to try and wait a few more weeks and take her to get spayed...

:)

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Glad to hear they are doing well.

Yes, it would be difficult to rehome kittens. Though you never know she might bring them to you at some point ?

All the best in catching her to get her spayed ?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-05-2003, 10:10 AM
I was wondering the same thing since we haven't heard anything from you lately Sara, 'bout Macy or Tinky or Jupiter or nobody! ;)

It really hasn't been that long since the kittens were born yet, and if you can tell she's still nursing, you should wait to get her fixed because I believe you need to wait until the kittens are weaned- although that's taking a chance she'll get pregnant again. Is there some way you can follow her when she leaves to see where she goes? If she's still coming to you for food it's possible they're still just living outdoors someplace.

Anyway, good luck and hope we get to see more T & J pics soon! ;) :D Oh, and I was thinking we haven't seen your sister's babies lately either - get her back here too! ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-05-2003, 10:13 AM
I went back and checked and you told us Macy had had her babies on Oct 31, 2003. You didn't know when, but she wasn't big anymore, so they are approx. about 6 weeks old now. I would think they would be following her around by now, but I don't think that's quite old enough to be weaned yet - is it?

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Debbie, 6 weeks is early but possible to be weaned at that age.

In fact our cat protection said that if you can catch mum in a trap you can get her spayed, keep her overnight and return to the outside and the kittens will be fine for one night alone at that age.

In fact poor Bramble had one night on her own at that age :(

The sooner you get her done the better or else the poor cat will be pregeant again.

It is like you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

All the best :D