PDA

View Full Version : I busted my father-in-law!

Tonya
12-05-2003, 06:53 AM
This will be a bit long, but I have to explain everything in order for you to appreciate this. Please make it to the end, the first part may upset you, but please understand that my father-in-law is mentally ill. He would never do what he says. I know it will be hard because it took me years, but please look past the gruff words and see the beauty of this.

My father-in-law is not all there upstairs to put it lightly. When I first met him, I hated him. I have come to realize that he isn't capable of thinking before he speaks. He doesn't even mean what he says. Words just come out because he's crazy. (Literally.)

This guy has never owned a dog in his life. Everytime I talk to him I hear about how my dogs are ugly mutts, put them to sleep, they are messy, dirty, stupid...He'll do me a favor and kill them for me, etc...

This will get your blood flowing, but he actually went as far as telling my grandmother-in-law that'd he'd take a shovel to Charlie's head for her when Charlie had cancer. (Don't worry, crazy or not, we gave him royal hell for that one. I thought my husband was going to take a shovel to his dad!)

Anyways, my father in law never comes over, but he's over quite a bit right now helping us remodel. I've started hearing things like "Those are purebred wolves, those aren't huskies!..." "...That lady lied to you, trust me, I know...those are wolves..." Over and over again, I eventually gave up and told him that he was so right...Dusty and Roxy must be wolves. lol.

Well, yesterday, Mike and I were at work, and Big Mike let himself in our house to work on it. I stopped by unexpected to check on him...He's not in the house. Where could he be?! In the back yard! The dogs had their front paws on his chest and they were kissing him! He was kissing them back! I was so amazed that I watched for like 10 minutes. He was wrestling with them, snuggling them, you name it!

Then he came in side and I pretended that I didn't see. He goes "You gotta get rid of those stupid wolves. They were jumping all over me." lol.

I called the grandma-in-law to tell her because she is still really inferior towards him since the whole Charlie incident. She said that he's been coming to her house saying "You gotta see Tonya and Mike's dogs! Tonya is so dumb, they think they're huskies, but they are wolves! They're beautiful! They aren't stupid like dogs."

BTW, he's always said that if he ever owned a dog, it'd be like Teddy. I hear over and over again "Hehe, Teddy's cool. ha" "Hehe, Teddy's cool." "Hehe, Teddy's cool." "Hehe, Teddy's cool." "Hehe, Teddy's cool." "Hehe, Teddy's cool." "Hehe, Teddy's cool." :rolleyes:

Tonya
12-05-2003, 07:00 AM
p.s. Take a look at the pics of his pink hair in this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38845&highlight=pink+hair

CamCamPup33
12-05-2003, 07:12 AM
:D :D Ahh, its the gifts of dogs! My dad sweared he didnt want a dog, he was mad at my mom for a few days for getting her, and now i think he's more attached to her than any of us! :p

RobiLee
12-05-2003, 10:46 AM
hehehe..I like this story. I'll bet it was so fun to stand there and watch in awe at such a sight. LOL....I think he truly is a dog lover and doesn't want anyone to know.

Robin :)

Corinna
12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Your "wolves" may be a key in helping him cope with his illness. My dad is slowly losing reality we aren't sure why. But it hass been years in coming. He only wanted springers on the farm. But mom got a duchy that my neice had rescued then her mom said no.(another long story for later) dad didn't want the dog had a fit, but due to mom having to be in a wheel chair and never asks for much, he , relented. Well he has been reading about the gal in Oregan and the car load (homeless Woman) he keeps trying to get mom to let him go adopt one. He even reads the breeder ads about how much they are, so the rescues would be so much better! Mom isn't ready for a second one inthe house yet and I think t-bone wouldn't be ready to share them . Seeing my dad with that little dog walking it just cracks me up. Oh and we were never allowed a house dog till my 16year old cocker got really sick and the other 6 dogs tried to kill her all the time. I't is amazing what our firry friends can do for us humans.

K9soul
12-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing :D

ramanth
12-05-2003, 01:11 PM
I agree with Corinna! Your pups are therapy! :) Thanks for sharing!