PDA

View Full Version : New foster dog! :)

Glacier
12-05-2003, 12:42 AM
This is Chum. He's a young husky mix, very sweet. Just a big ball of kisses. He just came out here tonight. He's been at our local shelter for a few months and actually was almost euthanized at first. He was quite aggressive, although he never actually bit anyone. For that reason, we decided to give him some time to adjust and he spent a long time in the isolation unit. It slowly became apparent that Chum had never known a human who was kind to him. He wasn't aggressive by nature, he was simply fending off the attack he expected. Now he's relaxed and just a great dog. Unfortunately, someone claiming to be his former owner has been calling the shelter and saying they want him back. They haven't shown up yet, but rather than take a chance, Chum is in hiding for now.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Dec/20031243107469625672870.jpg

My friend who's dog was killed earlier this week might be interested in him. She's going to come meet him on Saturday. Her remaining dog is very lonely.

wolf_Q
12-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Oh my, he's CUTE!! Just look at that face...those ears...those eyes!! :D

I'm glad you've taken him in and given him the chance he deserves!

Crikit
12-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Oh wow, what a handsome dog he is. Hope he finds the home he's looking for.

Shelteez2
12-05-2003, 12:50 AM
Cute cute cute!

I hope things work out with your friend.

If they do, here's a dog that looks like she'd fit in with your guys...her name is Raven! LOL

http://www.arf.ab.ca/images/dogs/2322F-Raven-w.jpg

Glacier
12-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Cute cute cute!

I hope things work out with your friend.

If they do, here's a dog that looks like she'd fit in with your guys...her name is Raven! LOL

http://www.arf.ab.ca/images/dogs/2322F-Raven-w.jpg

Oh, I've seen her on the ARF site! She's lovely. I already have a Raven though and somedays she's all I can handle. :p

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-05-2003, 01:25 AM
Oh he's beautiful! If i was u I wouldn't even give the old owner a chance! :mad: (that's my opinion) :o
Hope your friend gets him. Wish he was mine! :)

Glacier
12-05-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by *FlatCoatsRule*
Oh he's beautiful! If i was u I wouldn't even give the old owner a chance! :mad: (that's my opinion) :o
Hope your friend gets him. Wish he was mine! :)

They aren't getting a chance. The shelter staff have been instructed to just tell him he's not there and they dont' know him. He's never been on our website so they can't see him there. I live in the boonies so I am not worried about them finding him here. There is no way he'll be going back to those people.

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-05-2003, 01:29 AM
GOOD! (Sorry) It's just, if he's scared half to death of people, who knows what they did to him before and what they want him for now! AND they'll probably in the end just abandon him in the end again! :( :mad:

Tonya
12-05-2003, 06:17 AM
He is adorable! I love his eyes.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Chum is very cute. I hope he finds a good home soon.
Fingers crossed that your friend falls in love with him!

dukedogsmom
12-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks so much for hiding him! Don't let that hateful owner have him back. He's such a cutie. He deserves a happy life. Glad you're helping him.

Dakota's Mommy
12-08-2003, 11:33 AM
He's very cute! I hope it all works out for your friend!