PDA

View Full Version : George Bush Resume

Tonya
12-04-2003, 09:00 PM
I've always been a huge fan of George Bush. I just read this, and I am stunned. I don't even know what to say or think. This is long, but go ahead and read it.

The White House

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE
I ran for Congress and lost. -- I produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.

Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox. With my father's help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
I changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union.

I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

I set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

I became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT
I attacked and took over two countries. I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

I spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

I shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.

I set a record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

In my first year in office, I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

After taking vacation for the entire month of August 2001, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I set the record for more campaign fundraising trips than any other president in US history.

In my first two years in office, over 2 million Americans lost their job.

I cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I have appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

I have set the record for fewest press conferences by any president since the advent of television.

I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.

I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and have refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

I cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record
for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

My presidency is the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The "poorest" multimillionaire, Condoleezza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named
after > her).

I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and most of the world community.

I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove our country from the UN human rights commission.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove our country from their elections monitoring board.

I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

I withdrew from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

My biggest lifetime campaign contributor, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay,
former CEO of Enron Corporation).

I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air > Force One).

I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

I took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in world history).

I, with a policy of "disengagement" created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

I am the first president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

I am the first president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

I changed federal policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated federal law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

I have failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden "dead or alive."

I have failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the
United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.

In the nearly two years following the 9/11 attacks, I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in our history.

In a little over two years I created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES
I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (My Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

I was AWOL from National Guard.

I refuse to take drug tests or even answer any questions about my drug use.

(All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been removed to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. All minutes of meetings for any public corporation boards on which I have served are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. Any records or minutes from meetings I or my VP attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.)

REFERENCES
For personal references, please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker
(They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)

Soledad
12-04-2003, 09:09 PM
And yet, still, people love him. Such a mystery to me.:confused: :eek:

Just goes to show you that style does count more than substance.

Corinna
12-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Great joke !!! No he's not the best but the best in the last 20 years.And I say that as a conservative republican.

Uabassoon
12-05-2003, 12:09 AM
That's a joke?

Sadly, it's actually real.

Soledad
12-05-2003, 12:11 AM
No, these are not jokes. They are worded sarcastically, but these statements are true.

Perhaps if we actually had a liberal media like so many blowhards like to claim, we'd all know this as fact and not be shocked or surprised. However, the Bush family has some MAJOR connections and has managed to have many Georgie's records erased and threaten many an author/reporter from going ahead on these topics.

If you thought Clinton was shady, I don't know how you could support Bush.

Soledad
12-05-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I know its real. Duh. :p I was wondering why Corinna said *great jokes*.

Because some people really love to live in denial. And I ain't talking about the river in Egypt. ;) :p

Tonya
12-05-2003, 06:25 AM
I'd always said that it isn't easy to be president, and that he was the best so far. But after reading all of that; boy was I in the dark!

mahayana
12-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Not to mention his latest accomplishment, a 40 billion dollar sweetheart deal with HMOs and drug companies, while 1 of 5 Americans have no health insurance.

Didn't like his father, don't like him.

2kitties
12-05-2003, 08:17 AM
I like him:)

2kitties
12-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Popcorn, you can build one of these "resumes" for each and every President in US History. This is just another Email forward. Possibly if it probed into how many of these "offenses" were inherited from the previous administration we could have a clear picture.
No administration is perfect and I'm loathe to get into yet another boring political argument in this forum. I just have this silly idea that either side of the political specturm is capable of creating email propoganda just like this. Taking blurbs like this at face value is about as intelligent as believe that your evening newcast is unslanted.
If I posted every one of these little lists the people forward to me regarding the Clinton administration, I'd be embarrassed. We all need to learn to take things we read with a grain of salt. But that is doubtful since most people love a good soapbox.
I'm sure there are some people in your area who like our President. There are as many people who consider him courageous as who consider him dishonest. But I suppose we'll know for sure either way this time next year.

ILoveReptiles
12-05-2003, 12:00 PM
All I can say is that if this buffoon gets back into office next term... I'm entertaining serious thoughts of moving to Canada, because you can kiss Women's rights goodbye. I'm so glad I had the foresight to get myself fixed before he completely demolishes our rights.

I don't like Bush - never have, never will. In my mind's eye he's just a big spoiled brat that had the presidency handed to him on a silver platter thanks to his daddie.

And you all know how endearing I find spoiled brats - adults who act the same way are worse only because they're capable of doing orders of magnitude more damage - as you can see for yourself..

Soledad
12-05-2003, 12:09 PM
I have many Republican friends and have been inspired by a few Republican politicians, but George W. Bush is an embarassment to any party.

2kitties
12-05-2003, 12:50 PM
I agree to disagree.

mugsy
12-05-2003, 04:00 PM
I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.

I hate to break it , but the Constitution cannot be amended by signing a law or making an excecutive order. It takes A LOT more than that. There are a couple of different ways, but, whatever way you use, it takes years and years to get it done and then most of them don't get passed at all. ERA is a shining example of that.

I personally think that "W" is a moron and has the intelligence of a flea and agree with some of what has been printed, but, like 2 kitties (I think) said, this could be written about any president we've had. I have a book that talks about every president and what he did while he was in office and most of them scare the hell out of me. I'll have to scare up some dirt on the men who were the "best" presidents. My kids at school are amazed at what some of them did while in office.

Here's their favorite. It doesn't have anything to do with policy, but, makes Bill Clinton look like a school boy.

Warren G. Harding married a woman who was 5 years older than he and then a few years later hooked up with his best friend's wife (who was 10 years younger than Harding) and had a long standing affair with her and then started another affair with a woman 30 years younger and registered her has his neice when they went to hotels. It goes on from there, but, my point is that if you wish to dig up dirt, you can do it with every president in our history....even the squeaky clean Washington and Lincoln.

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 05:28 PM
I am the first president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

Too right. He is seen as a mad fool who could accidently press the red button to start the next world war. :(

mugsy
12-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Oh yes PCB....there are many presidents that were worse. Study them and you'll find out.

babolaypo65
12-05-2003, 08:06 PM
[chimes in]

I don't think Bush is the worst/the dumbest/the most dangerous. Nor, certainly, do I think he's the best.

He has smart handlers. Every president does. Plus, his trajectory was changed by 9/11. No other president has served during such a unique time (yes others have had special, unique terms, but none quite like this). His trajectory was changed by 9/11. we will never know what his presidency would have been like had 9/11 not happened. The nature of his presidency is one of the many, many things that have changed since 9/11.

It's difficult to compare him to others in light of this.

That said, I supported the invasion of Afganistan but only because the gov't there was unwilling to cooperate and turn over bin Laden, who they admit, is/was a criminal who committed crimes against another country.

Iraq is a different story. It will always be a different story. We have yet to see how Iraq has affected Bush's trajectory.

Good night folks. I'm still sick, and gonna go to bed early.!:)

mugsy
12-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Sorry, PCB...if you studied them in depth you would know that there are many worse presidents than Bush, he just happens to be president when you are coming of age and you are experiencing, in your opinion, a terrible situation.

Also, what many people don't understand is that the president does not have as much power as most would like to believe and thus ends up being a scapegoat or the hero when it is not totally deserved. He actually has very little to do with the economy (just ask any Republican that when talking about Clinton! lol), and does not have the power to declare war....both of the above situations belong squarely on Congress' shoulders (except that the president can ask them to declare war).

mahayana
12-06-2003, 12:01 AM
It does seem a little unfair to hold a "Bush Bash" without giving acknowledgement to his supporters. He has very high approval ratings, even though he got less than half of the people to vote for him.

Honestly, I haven't liked any President from Eisenhower to the present, though there were good and bad things about each one (in retrospect).

I'd be much happier with an intellectual like George Will for President, someone who could explain things and make sense. Even if I disagreed with their agenda.

We are living in a "new world order", which has been coming since Ronald Reagan tripled the national debt in an enormous arms race, which ultimately bankrupted the Soviet Union, and won the cold war. Good or bad? I despised Reagan at the time, but maybe he was right...?

What GWB is doing now is on the scale of Reagan. He may not understand what he is doing, and that is scary, but the plans for the "war on terror" were made long before he became President. And we can hope for the best.

At least history won't call him a "do nothing" President, hah!

RICHARD
12-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Tippecanoe and Tyler too.

Possibly the worst job on the planet.
Half the country hates W and the other half likes him....
It's a wash...

We celebrate our freedom of speech just being able to be vocal about it....

in the end..... get out and vote......I whined about Gore losing and forgot about it....

When I run in '08 everyone will be sorry...

tax breaks for everyone and I will put a cap on CEO salaries.
Mike Eisner goes to jail, Dr Kevorkian will be the Surgeon General,
Everyone will have to learn how to write again. Cold pizza for Saturday morning breakfast. No more criminals in sports.

Music cds- 5 bucks a piece, their ain't no good music no more.
Your kid effs-up, parents will be held responsible. Everyone must go to disneyland and ride 'It's a Small World' - if animatronic puppets can live together, why can't we?????

drive with a cell phone??? we take the windshield off you car-try it then!! death penalty for killing anyone, eye for an eye?????
naw, we are taking your life, punk. NO more low riding jeans
and Paris Hilton will be the first woman on Mars.

I'll make it mandatory that Erin Collins marry me and disco
parties on the white house lawn the last Thursday of the month.

Steal a car and do the high speed chase thing with the cops????
Put them on a track and have at it.....last one running wins..

Make tennis scoring in points....not that retarded 'double match point break' crap I loathe so much...

Free aspirin in the hospitals and when you think you know it all, you won't because everyone will have to read 50 books a year....

Did I mention Erin Collins????

babolaypo65
12-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Okay, I admit it. I had to look up Erin Collins on google.

RICHARD
12-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Okay, I admit it. I had to look up Erin Collins on google.

and????

babolaypo65
12-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Whatever floats your boat?:D

RICHARD
12-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Whatever floats your boat?:D

of course I'll comission an aircraft carrier named after me!!!

As pres I can do anything!;)

G.P.girl
12-06-2003, 12:32 PM
lol! you guys are funny! i know io already said this, but my sencond favorite site (after PT ofcourse) is www.dubyaspeak.com it's a bush sute but all the stuff on there is true...

mugsy
12-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Richard, you need to run in '04...there is NO ONE I like. I cast my vote for Richard from California.;)

babolaypo65
12-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Richard, you need to run in '04...there is NO ONE I like. I cast my vote for Richard from California.;)

I dunno. I'd need to see his drug record first.;)

2kitties
12-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Richard, what will be your campaign slogan!!!???

In my completely undereconomiclyeducated opinion (whew, that was a mouthful) our economic woes are a part of the natural ebb and flow of economies. Laws of physics: what goes up must come down. This is really a historical cycle which has repeated itself over history. Just happens to be in our lifetime, so we freak about it. Does anybody remember the gas lines under the Carter administration?
The dip we're experiencing now is not because of any administration. It is because investors pour billions of dollars into internet stocks which have no physical holdings. Yes, they had value, but it was cyber value and was alot of smoke an mirrors. Not because of unfair practices like Enron, but because the internet is not a flesh and blood economy. It was bound to collapse at some point.

mahayana
12-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Economies are anything but natural.

The truth is that government is a tiny fraction of our economy, but public policy and public percerption make the mountains shake.

Like a law passed under Reagan-Bush to subsidize US companies moving their physical plant overseas.

And NAFTA, under Clinton (who was elected in part because Ross Perot drew the Republicans that opposed NAFTA), which altered trade with Mexico.

These two programs eroded the tax base all over the country, as one job in manufacturing supports 17 in service.

These two programs altered our economy fundamentally, forever and not for better.

Broad-based tax cuts also alter the economy by boosting consumer spending. Reducing the prime interest rate stimulates the construction/new home market, but decimates the income of seniors who get part of their income from interest on their savings. and a hundred more examples.

The President's only real power over any of this is to sign or veto bills that pass Congress. Our legislators are the real villians.

Soledad
12-06-2003, 03:43 PM
As far as deficits are concerned, this (http://www.bushwatch.com/deficit.jpg) is always interesting.:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
12-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Mugsy...there is no disagreement with Warren Harding as one of the worst presidents ever....but not because of his nymphomania.

Warren was far happier playing poker and laying everything but the Trans-Atlantic Cable. But the scandal of his presidency was the Teapot Dome Scandal...which involved his rich friends and campaign contributors getting richer in a crooked oil deal (sound familiar?????????) while he was busy having sex with Nan Brittan in a broom closet.

I don't care who a president sleeps with....spouse, mother, wife, brother. It is the performance in office that should matter!

The issue of "letting friends get rich at the government trough" was also a major factor in the failure of the Grant administration...

Soledad
12-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

I don't care who a president sleeps with....spouse, mother, wife, brother. It is the performance in office that should matter!

AMEN!!!

mugsy
12-06-2003, 04:59 PM
I agree totally Sara, the Teapot Dome Scandal affected the country much more than Harding's choices of mistresses (although the broom closet incident has since been disproved I've found out). I was just pointed out that none of the presidents were squeaky clean.

Grant's administration is probably the MOST corrupt of any in history. It also didn't help that he was a raging alcoholic and wasn't coherent enough to make some important decisions.

FDR had mistresses as well and rumor has it that he may have known about Pearl Harbor and didn't do anything about it because he knew that the U.S. getting involved in WWII would help bring us out of the Great Depression. That's never been proven, but, my point is, that there is no politician that isn't corrupt somehow. They wouldn't get as far as they did without doing SOMETHING shady.

And as far as the presidents sleeping with anything with 2 legs in a skirt, I could care less, as long as he does his job....the mistresses are between him and his spouse...NONE OF MY BUSINESS!!! And I would really rather not read the sordid details in the newspapers everyday.

2kitties
12-06-2003, 05:15 PM
But wouldn't it be a novel idea if we could elect one who didn't chase anything with two legs and a skirt?

mugsy
12-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
But wouldn't it be a novel idea if we could elect one who didn't chase anything with two legs and a skirt?

It will never happen...too big of a power trip!!

Soledad
12-06-2003, 05:32 PM

I'd just be happy if we had one who wouldn't withdraw health benefits for veterans and slash budgets on volunteer programs. :)

Edwina's Secretary
12-06-2003, 06:04 PM

Then perhaps we should elect a woman!?!?!?!?

:D :D :D

Soledad
12-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Well, women ARE capable of chasing other women in skirts. ;)

babolaypo65
12-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Then perhaps we should elect a woman!?!?!?!?

:D :D :D

HEAR HEAR! :D :D

KYS
12-06-2003, 06:12 PM
posted by Edwina's Secretary:]Then perhaps we should elect a woman!?!?!?!?>>>>>>

Works for me! :D

mugsy
12-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Works for me as long as it's not Hillary!! lol

RICHARD
12-06-2003, 07:48 PM

Paul Mc Cartney???

MY slogan will be...

Pot in every chicken.

AHEM......what about Clinton's performance in the Oval Office....

oh, that's right.....only Monica was present for THAT....;)

Trust me,

Should Hillary run and make it, Good old Rush will drop faster than the 'Oxytoxin' he was taking......