PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Cat Bumperstickers

Desert Arabian
12-04-2003, 08:20 PM
I am so sick and tired of seeing nasty bumperstickers with nasty comments about cats. Ones such as "Cats: The other white meat", "Lost your cat? Check under my tires", "The only dead cat is a dead one", etc. I think it is just plain wrong! People are so sick. It reminds me of the devil: Clay Aiken.

Whenever I see them, I always think about my little Sammy and Dudley and I wanna cry!! :( Arg, I wish they didn't exhist.

What do you guys think about them!??!

Desert Arabian
12-04-2003, 08:27 PM
*Edited Picture*

This makes me furious too, when I saw this, I blew up!!

http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/SICK.jpg

GEEZE, PEOPLE ARE SO SICK!! :( :mad: :(

2kitties
12-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Where in the world are you? I've never seen anyone with an anti-cat bumper sticker. You are driving amongst some strange people:eek:

LoudLou
12-04-2003, 08:41 PM
I've seen them... they disturb me, but everyone has the right to free speech... or bumper stickers.... I just think about the fact that " My cats can beat up THEIR honor student";)

Russian Blue
12-04-2003, 09:01 PM
I find it interesting the difference between cat 'haters' and dog 'haters'. You get bumper stickers & fake toy dead cats (ie: manufactured advertising), but you never see any hate advertising about dogs. :confused:

Why are cats always singled out? I could see people getting annoyed at roaming cats in heat yowling up a storm, but you also have uncontrolled dogs that bark and get people upset in neighbourhoods.

So I can't figure out why cats are always seen in films and media as evil or menacing and are singled out with torture/ mutiliation humour??? It's pretty sick and twisted.

Any ideas between the difference?

Soledad
12-04-2003, 09:11 PM
I think people are just afraid of cats because of their mystery. Some people just can't handle anything that isn't very simple.

Uabassoon
12-04-2003, 09:39 PM
I've seen those stickers before too, I really hate them. I get so upset everytime I see one.

moosmom
12-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Some people just can't handle anything that isn't very simple.

I think it's more like people can't handle something they really have no CONTROL over. Let's face it, do YOUR cats sit, meow or roll over when you tell them to? Mine sure as heck don't.

Desert Arabian
12-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Where in the world are you? I've never seen anyone with an anti-cat bumper sticker. You are driving amongst some strange people:eek:

The same place where you drive: Wisconsin. I only live like 15 minutes away from you too. I saw one this past weekend as a matter of fact. :(

tikeyas_mom
12-05-2003, 12:46 PM
wow thats horrid!!!! I havent seen a ati cat bumper sticker befor!!!. I am glad too.

neko1
12-05-2003, 12:48 PM
I think I've only seen one or two in my life. It really disgusted me.

I had a bumper sticker on my old car that said "My Abyssinian is Smarter than your honor student"!!!:) :p

2kitties
12-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
The same place where you drive: Wisconsin. I only live like 15 minutes away from you too. I saw one this past weekend as a matter of fact. :(

Not for anything, but how do you know where I live?

tikeyas_mom
12-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by neko1
I think I've only seen one or two in my life. It really disgusted me.

I had a bumper sticker on my old car that said "My Abyssinian is Smarter than your honor student"!!!:) :p I am assuming "an Abyssinian" is a breed of cat ;)..

Relentless
12-05-2003, 12:54 PM
My friend showed me this awhile ago.

http://tastytronic.net/~welcome/freecat.jpg

tikeyas_mom
12-05-2003, 01:01 PM
the link didnt work..

ILoveReptiles
12-05-2003, 01:29 PM
I think people who put bumper stickers advocating cruelty of any kind to animals ought to be taken out and shot in the head.

I myself do not dislike cats - I just don't trust them very much - I've seen more vicious cats than I care to admit, but if I come across one that seems sweet, I just melt, and I want to pet it despite my horrid allergies.

Of course I run inside and wash my hands off immediately to avert an allergic reaction, but I love the way they purr when they're happy.

2kitties
12-05-2003, 01:37 PM
I think bumper stickers just bunk up your car anyway. So let's ban em all:)

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I think it's more like people can't handle something they really have no CONTROL over. Let's face it, do YOUR cats sit, meow or roll over when you tell them to? Mine sure as heck don't.
I think you hit the nail on the head. :D

ILoveReptiles
12-05-2003, 02:00 PM
I think bumper stickers just bunk up your car anyway. So let's ban em all:)

Haha! I'm all for that. I refuse to put stickers of any kind on my car - IMHO they just make it look tacky and tasteless.

Desert Arabian
12-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Not for anything, but how do you know where I live?

My mom (All Creatures Great And Small) told me, you must have mentioned it to her. I'll ask her about it when she gets home!

2kitties
12-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
My mom (All Creatures Great And Small) told me, you must have mentioned it to her. I'll ask her about it when she gets home!

ah ha. That makes sense. I was just freaking out thinking I had my address on the internet somewhere or something:eek: ;)

shais_mom
12-05-2003, 03:19 PM
ah ha. That makes sense. I was just freaking out thinking I had my address on the internet somewhere or something:eek: ;)

I hate the bumper stickers also, but 2kitties, the state where you live is right underneath your sign in.

2kitties
12-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I hate the bumper stickers also, but 2kitties, the state where you live is right underneath your sign in.

I realize that. But if you read back in the thread, you'll see that she said she lived 15 minutes from me. That would infer she knows my town, which is not in my profile.

popcornbird
12-05-2003, 03:24 PM

I think she was asking because YLL said she lives just 15 minutes from her. :p

I have never in my life seen any anti-cat or anti any animal bumper stickers before. That is just sad. :(

2kitties
12-05-2003, 03:27 PM
winks at pcb

hey, stop posting at the same time as me!;)

popcornbird
12-05-2003, 03:29 PM
But I like posting at the same time as you..........:p :D

Desert Arabian
12-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Hehe. 2kitties, sorry to freak you out! I would never try to find anyones actual hometown! Even though I know what city you live in, I have no plans of stalking you! hehe. :D :p

I live in Menomonee Falls, FYI...just thought I'd share!! :p

2kitties
12-05-2003, 03:40 PM
Ha! If you want to stalk me, feel free. But I'm a pretty boring girl. Nothing you could photograph and sell on the internet or anything;)

Desert Arabian
12-05-2003, 04:51 PM
Ha! If you want to stalk me, feel free. But I'm a pretty boring girl. Nothing you could photograph and sell on the internet or anything;)
LOL, no thanks. Stalking is not in my list of hobbies. :p

bluekat
12-05-2003, 05:13 PM
I dislike bumper stickers too:p But I don't mind if they're on binders or anything, but just not on cars.
I've never seen any anti-cat bumper stickers here, but they just disgust me.

CathyBogart
12-05-2003, 09:58 PM
You know...I just don't think they're worth getting all that upset about. It's just a bumper sticker, and odds are most of those people would't hurt a cat anyways.

shais_mom
12-06-2003, 12:32 AM
I realize that. But if you read back in the thread, you'll see that she said she lived 15 minutes from me. That would infer she knows my town, which is not in my profile.
I wanted to post this earlier, but had a party to go to so couldn't. I am sorry if that sounded condescending b/c I certainly didn't intend for it to be that way. No, I did not see where she put the area where you live. I just knew that if it was me, and someone said that I would probably forget that my town/state is in my sign-in.
Please accept my apology, no harm intended.

2kitties
12-06-2003, 03:00 PM
I wanted to post this earlier, but had a party to go to so couldn't. I am sorry if that sounded condescending b/c I certainly didn't intend for it to be that way. No, I did not see where she put the area where you live. I just knew that if it was me, and someone said that I would probably forget that my town/state is in my sign-in.
Please accept my apology, no harm intended.

Oh dear, I wasn't upset. I was pointing out, but I assumed you figured I'd forgotten. No hurt feelings here for sure. :)