PDA

View Full Version : What are the thurdays?

Dogz
12-04-2003, 04:43 PM
What are the 'thursday' threads about? I have been wondering about this.

Uabassoon
12-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Why don't you just read them and find out?

slick
12-04-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't who started it but Thursday is the day the cyber bar opens and everyone is welcome to come on in and share drinks, stories, jokes and alot of laughs. Kinda like Cheers.

Dogz
12-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Why don't you just read them and find out?

I'm not sure why I didn't.:o Sorry.:)

Thank you for the info, slick.:)

EDIT: I have read one of the newer ones, and I was confused.

slick
12-04-2003, 04:51 PM
I call the bar Dick's Place because Richard is usually the bartender. There's no real meaning to the Thursday threads; it's just a "get together and have fun" kinda time.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
EDIT: I have read one of the newer ones, and I was confused.

Exactly! :D

It's just a place to be goofy and silly and confusion is usually par for the course. :D

Dogz
12-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Exactly! :D

It's just a place to be goofy and silly and confusion is usually par for the course. :D

LOL:D

iceyshiver21
12-05-2003, 11:59 PM
I do belive it started with a controversal thread that a few of us were involved in...Then richard left for a day and everything got settled out, and thursdays was created. I wish i could find that thread.

mahayana
12-06-2003, 06:59 AM
Hey, has anyone else noticed that the "search this forum" option doesn't work very well? I tried it once, typed in the name of the thread, and got pages of unrelated threads, but not what I was looking for.

Found it in a few minutes by going to my profile, search all posts by this author.

Still, it is odd that the "search this forum" didn't come up with a list of threads containing one or more of the words I entered, in the titles...

I really love PT, and have always wanted to dig into back threads. "Thursday 26 Boo Bash!" had lots of ghost stories at Halloween. That one was great!

lbaker
12-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Explain Thursday's :eek: :confused: Sorta like the "60's", if you have to explain it, you ain't been there (or you're lying). But all are welcome and drop your attitude at the door. Not YOUR attitude, nothing personal, just in general. Come on in! I'll buy your first drink at the next gathering. Watch out for Slick though if you want to play pool. She's a killer with a pool cue :rolleyes: Not a bad idea to put name labels in your.. um, garments - either. MWAHHHAHAHA ;)

Randi
12-06-2003, 07:58 AM
If you type in "thursday" in the search field and remember to mark "search titles only", then you'll get most of them. :)

gini
12-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Thursdays - it is a place where you meet your friends and make new friends. It is a place to have fun and be a bit (well, maybe a lot) silly.

You can order any type of drink you want - be as creative as you can be - and ordering a lovely hot tea is just fine too.

Now we usually make a mess here so be careful where you walk. Sometimes a puppy or two and even a turkey show up.

Hungry? You can order anything - one of us will make it for you.

Clean up? - we welcome your help - but you don't have to - everybody chips in to help out.

Confused? Next Thursday - start reading from the beginning - get to know the regulars and try your darndest to make sense of what is going on - if you don't get it - ask and we can make you feel more at home.

But most of all - come join us - everybody is welcome.

Thursdays - just when you need a stress relief for your week!

slick
12-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
Watch out for Slick though if you want to play pool. She's a killer with a pool cue :rolleyes:
Who Moi?????? Catland and Gini taught me everything I know about pool. And when we were at Tats the other week, I learned how to dive :D :D

zippy-kat
12-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by slick
Who Moi?????? Catland and Gini taught me everything I know about pool. And when we were at Tats the other week, I learned how to dive :D :D

Watch out for that darn Gini... she's capital T-R-O-U-B-L-E!:D

RICHARD
12-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Watch out for that darn Gini... she's capital T-R-O-U-B-L-E!:D

Try bold face, underlined, large sized t-r-o-u-b-l-e EXCLAMATION POINT trouble.....

THAT spell Gini!!!
;)

gini
12-06-2003, 08:10 PM
What is REALLY FUNNY about these comments about me........(how dare you!!)

is that..........some friends picked me up today and we went to the train station where they auction Christmas trees.

When I walked out my front door they all said in unison.

HERE COMES TROUBLE!!

What can you do - if you have a reputation - you just try to live by it!!:D :D :D

RICHARD
12-06-2003, 08:15 PM
lololol...

Gini,
tell everyone about the train Xmas tree auctions!!!

lbaker
12-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Wait a minute, Gini is training to auction Christmas trees?? What will that kwazy wabbit thunk of next :rolleyes: Are there tests? Do you just have to talk reeeeeal fast. Guess we could all qualify for that. Going, going... GONE!

gini
12-07-2003, 09:37 AM
DoIheartwenty,twentyone,nowIheartwentytwo,twentyth ree,beautifultreepeople,twentyfourdoIheartwentyfou r,twentyfour,twentyfive SOLDtotheladyfromThursdaysbarfortwentyfivedollars!

slick
12-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Wait a minute, Gini is training to auction Christmas trees??
Oh my, I thought she had to load them on to trains and and drive them to the an auction????

lbaker
12-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Good morning you two... nice to wake up and smile with friends :D

zippy-kat
12-07-2003, 09:44 AM
No, no. I think it's trained Xmas Trees they're auctioning. Gini, tell us what you train them? Are you housebreaking them or teaching them tricks?

slick
12-07-2003, 09:46 AM
Good morning Laurie and Tonya:D :D It's only 7:47am on a Sunday morning and here I am logged on to PT before I even give Max and Speckles their breakfast. Speckles is pawing at my leg as we speak. God I need help....

slick
12-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
No, no. I think it's trained Xmas Trees they're auctioning. Gini, tell us what you train them? Are you housebreaking them or teaching them tricks?
Maybe she's training them to do the auctioning?????

zippy-kat
12-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Is it a silent auction?

:rolleyes: Yeah, yeah... I'm going to shower now so you don't have to put up with me any longer! ;)

gini
12-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone. If anything needs to be trained around here it is three cats. The usual 5:45 AM stampede took place right on schedule with Annie in the lead. They take turns jumping on the bed and on me. You would think I never feed them.

Slick, I am getting confused between the two threads, but Richard made slushies last year at the BBQ. Ask Laurie, they were VERY good!

Look, I am due back at the train station - the trees are acting up -gotta run.

zippy-kat
12-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by gini
Good morning everyone. If anything needs to be trained around here it is three cats. The usual 5:45 AM stampede took place right on schedule with Annie in the lead. They take turns jumping on the bed and on me. You would think I never feed them.

I don't know which one did it, but someone left a gift of recycled catfood and green beans by my bed this morning. (I have NO IDEA where the green beans came from... I guess that means it was K'Cee, she steals and then hides her treasures.) I'll take the jumpers if you take the hairball. ;)

Dogz
12-11-2003, 03:16 PM
I am pretty sure I am going to like Thursdays, you guys are so much fun.:p See ya at the next thursday, and try to not make me feel too out of the group.;)

slick
12-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
I am pretty sure I am going to like Thursdays, you guys are so much fun.:p See ya at the next thursday, and try to not make me feel too out of the group.;)
Well, it's Thursday today why don't you drop on by???? The jokes are flying and there's plenty of food and drink. I'll still warn you, though, to stay our of the Lost and Found. Strange things go on there and we now have the Haz-Mat team in there.

G.P.girl
12-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Can i go to the bar too? pretty pretty please with a cherry on top!:p

catland
12-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl

Of course you can! However, since you are under 21, you need to order non-alcoholic drinks. But we have plenty of soft drinks and hot chocolate:)

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl

you really don't have to ask.....just show up!

everyone is welcome, there is no cover charge and we only ask that you contibute a joke or two or three or four......

gini
12-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey, everyone, come back Friday morning. You don't have to help but we have a lot of fun while we are cleaning up too!

lbaker
12-11-2003, 07:01 PM
pay no attention to those people behind the curtain

slick
12-11-2003, 07:03 PM
pay no attention to those people behind the curtain
What about the weirdos behind Door #1? Even worse are those in the Lost & Found....

robinh
12-11-2003, 08:08 PM
And make sure to hide are the sharpie markers! ;)

Dogz
12-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Yummm, I think I will go back next thurday for some more hot chocolate, that was YUMMY!:p :D

trayi52
12-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Well Dogz, my sister just told me I had a frog on my head, I posted a picture, go check and see if I really do. :confused:

Tray