PDA

View Full Version : If you use Comcast.net, beware!

Prairie Purrs
12-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I usually sign in on the Comcast home page in the morning, then return during the course of the day to check my e-mail. Did that this morning, checked the mail a couple of times. No problem.

Then a little while ago, I checked my mail only to find that I was in somebody else's mailbox!!!:eek:

I sent a nastygram to Comcast telling them that this was a serious security breach and that if I didn't receive immediate assurances that it was corrected and would never happen again, I'd change Internet providers. I may switch anyway.

So if you use Comcast, watch out--someone may be reading your mail! :mad:

gini
12-04-2003, 04:16 PM
That is a new one. I am in Los Angeles and have comcast.net, but I have not had any problems.

Thank you for the heads-up!!

It would make me change providers in a hurry!

RubyMutt
12-05-2003, 01:50 AM
:eek: This bites. Comcast is the first ISP we've had that I ever really liked :( I hope nothing more happens...

tomkatzid
12-05-2003, 12:52 PM
We have it also but don't use their e mail service. We use Yahoo, then when the IP co. changes their name we still have the same address. So far the cable co. has had 3 name changes since we signed up.
Katz

CatDad
12-05-2003, 01:57 PM
I have not had that problem, but I will definately keep an eye out. I lost connection for a day but that was due to the storms here.

I am not real happy with they way some of there Customer service people handled it. So, I am checeking into other options. It is going to be tough because I really like the speed of cable.

Thanks for the heads up.:)

mugsy
12-05-2003, 04:05 PM
We use Comcast and haven't had a problem, but our home page is Dog of the Day. I don't even have a clue what their home page even looks like!! lol We've never had a problem like that. I do find their techs to be annoyingly inept.