PDA

View Full Version : Tubby at it again

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-04-2003, 03:25 PM
:rolleyes:

Here he is being such a good big brother. He just doesn't seem to get that Peanut really doesn't like him being a good big brother. :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p6a5c565076351af05493c9b0f3587f12/fa6236aa.jpg

And here they are a second after the first pic. Notice how Peanut is starting to back away? ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p690392a427fbf4ce82a6d5752cf078c8/fa6236a8.jpg

And the very next pic would have been the swat that always accompanies the "being a good brother," but the @**#&$*@ batteries decided to give out right at this precise moment! :mad:

For some reason Tubby seems to have "stepped up" his brotherly love, so I'm sure it won't be long before I get the entire "procedure" in pics - including the swat. If I'm lucky I'll be prepared and get a little video of it, with sound affects and all. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Oh, and the other day when the camera wasn't handy, I saw....well...you know how when a kitty cleans itself they'll lick a little then kind of "chew" on themselves with little short nips? Well, Tubby would give Peanut two licks, then chew on her for a bit, then two more licks then chew on her..... That's the first time I've seen that! And I think the reason she doesn't like it is because he gets so rough. If he would just calmly, softly lick her, I really don't think it would be the problem that it is. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

slick
12-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Those pictures are soooo cute!!! Poor Peanuttie!!!! If only she'd realize that he's just trying to love her in the only way he can things would be alright.

Tubby, please try not to be so rough. We women don't like it like that.

Vermontcat
12-04-2003, 07:06 PM
Awwww, Tubby you are such a sweet big brother to Peanut but don't be so rough on her.
Samantha isn't allowed to lick her little sisters, I'm afraid she may try to eat them!

I know what you mean about the lick, lick, chew, chew grooming pattern.
My daughter and I love to watch Samantha groom herself and we say "lick, lick, lick, chew, chew, chew" as she does it then she stops and glares at us!:p

Tubby, Samantha says you are welcome to come over and lick her anytime that Peanut isn't in the mood.;)

Edwina's Secretary
12-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Tubby...could you please come over and give Eddie some lessons? He hasn't been able to get even that close to Edwina!

jenluckenbach
12-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Tubby deserves an "APPRECIATIVE" younger sibling!!!!!!! Want Timmy??;)

catcrazylady
12-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Poor Tubby!! Your just like so many guys! You just don't get the "Don't be so rough" thing. You are trying so hard to be a good boy and all you get is attitude! It may not all be your fault HANDSOME boy!!! Some BEAUTIFUL girls just cop an attitude and there is nothing you can do about it! Sometimes persistance pays off so hang in there big guy!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Good luck you handsome lug!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Some BEAUTIFUL girls just cop an attitude and there is nothing you can do about it!

You hit the nail right on the head with that one! :D

Eddie, Tubby says his only advice is to wait. You might have a chance when Edwina gets to be 15 and doesn't have much fight left in her. ;) :D

Jen, I don't remember which one Timmy is, but I'm sure I'd love to have him! Or Chevy(Mikey?) would do too. :D Unfortunately, we know that can't happen. :( But I just know Tubby would be the happiest kitty in the world to have a younger brother to boss around, snuggle with - and lick and chew on now and then! ;) :D

Samantha, Tubby says he'll be right over. ;) :D

As of right now, I've got two upside down kitties here. Tubby is on the couch by me, fast asleep, snoring away and all curled up - upside down. Peanut is in her little bed, fast asleep, snoring away (although I can't hear her from here) and all curled up - upside down too! Gee I wish I had my camera handy. :D

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. :D

RedHedd
12-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Aw Tubby! Be persistent, but gentle. Mishi keeps trying and (finally) Mitzi is getting used to her much larger "brother" giving her love-licks:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pff3cc03025c0c7c8ba3c1281a95ba2b8/fa7764a9.jpg
He keeps it up for a while until little Mitzi has a completely new "fur-do"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p779d18deb1e79083975ef2bd25bf5c90/fa776438.jpg
She doesn't swat him anymore. She tries to lick him back, but he always backs off .... geez! men! :rolleyes:

bisi.cat
12-05-2003, 01:02 AM
After all those years it is still a matter of the very heart to Tubby to show his brotherly love to Peanut...and it's still a matter of heart of Peanut to swat him...
But alas hopefully the day will come when she finally learns to accept a little bit of love...and oh boy, I am looking forward to seeing those pictures then...
Never ever give up!!!
Go Tubby!!!:) ;) :D

NoahsMommy
12-05-2003, 01:05 AM
Noah likes to do that too. What is it with these boy kitties?

Barbara
12-05-2003, 02:41 AM
I am not sure of the intentions involved. Tigris often goes over to lick Filou but not when Filou could be ready for cuddling. He always starts it when Filou is lying in a place where Tigris would like to be. I think it is a way of bullying and after that telling: "Mom I was only nice. But he backed away from me and went.:( "

Ok you will tell me that I interpret too much humanity in their behavior but .....:rolleyes: