PDA

View Full Version : Vetranquil and the effects on Luna (and poor Lily is so sad now!)

Kirsten
12-04-2003, 01:40 PM
As posted here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39180&perpage=15&pagenumber=1), Luna has been at the vet's today for a blood test, and she got Vetranquil (acepromazin) which is - as I was told - a tranquillizer, no anesthesia.

The blood test went well, but Luna felt dizzy for the rest of the day - and her behavior has changed:

She always wants to be close to me now and cuddles and even slept on my chest when I laid down to read a book - something she hasn't done since she was a baby.

She was licking off the rest on my plate after I had dinner. Never in her life she has ever cared for my food. Lily is doing that - but Luna? Never!!!

Bad thing is that she cannot stand having Lily around now, especially when Luna wants to cuddle with me. Lily, on the other hand, doesn't like it when anyone is close to Luna, in her opinion it's HER Luna and nobody but her is allowed to be near her. And now Luna attacks Lily when she comes to interfere the moments she has with her meowmie, and she's acting very aggressive now when Lily comes near! :(

Now poor Lily is really confused and devastated, instead of having her cuddling moments with Luna, she gets whacked, and I'm sure little Lily doesn't understand what's going on. I know Luna means the world to her.

I hope Luna will be back to her old self tomorrow!

Kirsten

PayItForward
12-04-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't blame Luna for wanting to be a baby again (for the day). She has had a rough time and just wants some loving.

I'm sure she'll want to play/cuddle with Lilly tomorrow but Luna is acting like a sick child only the real mummy (you) will do. :D

Kirsten
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
It's true, she's really acting like a baby today, and I'm her mommy... :)

But she really seems to hate Lily now! I hope this is not the end of their friendship! Luna's acting the same way she did when I first introduced Lily to her. It is as if she has never known her! :(

Kirsten

PayItForward
12-04-2003, 02:46 PM
I don't think it the end of Luna's friendship with Lily. She is just not feeling herself at the moment.

Love both those kitties, give them both plenty of hugs and I want to post cuddling photos tomorrow, when they are best friends again.....deal ? :D

Kirsten
12-04-2003, 02:49 PM
Okay, I will! :D

I hope you're right! It's so heartbreaking to watch at the moment...

Kirsten