PDA

View Full Version : Chase the Puddy

tiniestmunchkin
12-04-2003, 01:30 PM
I have a persnickity Maine Coon named G'Kar, he doesn't want much loving or cuddling & gets really grumpy if he doesn't want to be disturbed, - But on occasion - when HE'S feeling playful we play what we call "chase the Puddy". We live in a very small house so he chases up & down the hall & hides in the living room or kitchen.He gets your attention by swatting at you - usually a high five - then takes off when you go to touch him - expecting you to pursue.He gets very persistant if you try to ignore him.He played this alot when he was a kitten but now that he's an older man of 3 it usually is above him, he has a reputation to uphold being the alphacat of a 4 cat household - ya know!:rolleyes:

PayItForward
12-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk :D

G'Kar sounds quite a character and he knows some good games. :D

Why don't you post some pictures of your cats ?!?

RedHedd
12-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Welcome to PT! I wonder if this is a Maine Coon trait, er, um, I mean game :D My Mishi does this! We play chase the Mishi or "flying fluffies" in my tiny apartment. It's so funny so see him galloping through the apartment with his fluffy tail all poofed out. He's my big, silly goon! :D

catcrazylady
12-04-2003, 08:53 PM
My Sammy is just like that! He is 6 now and it isn't too often these days but he still does it! I run from him and hide behind a door and he will yell and holler until he finds me. I'm supposed to jump out and scare him when he gets close so he can take off running and I have to find him. I had no idea that anybody else played a game like that with their kitties! How cute!

And there are people who think cats don't have personalities!

BTW Welcome to pet talk...you are going to find out that you are not alone!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

tiniestmunchkin
12-05-2003, 12:37 AM
In reply to you asking why no photo? Is 1st time I've ever done this, don't know how to add a photo - don't know how to do an avitar either! You are dealing with a bonafide computer idiot - took me a year to learn how to cut & paste! I have had this computer for going on 4 years & all I really manage to do is get a little music now & then - & look at my cat picture of the day, answer email and thats about the sum of my skill.:D Now that I have gotten brazen & attempted this endeavor maybe I will be able to accomadate ya'll with a photo at a later date - Have Patience with me please!

PayItForward
12-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Click on the below link, it leads to Phreds tutorial on posting photos.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=7406

If you want a signature or avator, just post a thread asking for assistance in the General section. Some people will make you a signature if you email photos to them.

BastetsMum
12-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Thats an Aby game as well - I call it *Ambush*. Bastet usually runs up and down the stairs and thats when I know *Ambush* is on - so I don a sock (3 years of this has taught me that scratched feet are hard to walk long distances with) and she attacks my toes from behind hte doors, blinds and other areas.

catnapper
12-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Welocme! I'm relatively new here too - its becomes very addictive very quickly. Relax, it will take no time at all to figure out how to post pictures! Soon you'll be a pro posting your kitties left and right!

Can't wait to see the puddies!:)

Prairie Purrs
12-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Kacey likes to dash across the room, then he'll get sideways with his back up and dance back toward me, trying to get me to chase him. I call it his "Big Cat" routine. He's been doing it since he was a kitten, and he's 10 years old now. :D

smokey the elder
12-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Here's an easy way to post pictures that I use since I'm just too lazy to set up an Imagestation account. Just attach a picture at the place where it says attach files. It'll have a browse button, and you can basically copy the file from wherever it is on your hard drive. It goes something like this. Here's Mobius, the matriarch of my herd.

tiniestmunchkin
12-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the info on how to put a picture up!

Here's my hunk of puss flesh G'Kar! i'dn't he gorgeous?

http://japan-forum.net/datas/users/23-_0044.jpg

andrea_NMAggie
12-16-2003, 09:40 PM
What a pretty cat!! Welcome to Pet Talk...be prepared to get hooked on this. :)

cutie_chica
01-14-2004, 01:13 PM
Pretty Kittie! :)

Randy_K
01-14-2004, 11:13 PM
My mom's three year old Russian Blue loves to play chase in the backyard. He likes to have someone run after him until he rounds a corner then he jumps under a bush to ambush whomever is chasing him. Then he chases them. It great exercise for an 80-year old woman, too!

RedHedd
01-15-2004, 10:45 AM
G'Kar is BEE-OO-TI-FULL! Welcome to PT and now that you've mastered the art of posting kitty pics, we'll expect MANY more! :D