PDA

View Full Version : Illinois' Pet Friendly License Plate

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-04-2003, 12:09 PM
Found this great link to try and get the plate back in circulation.
Get Pet Friendly Plates Back (https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Advocacy?id=477&s_oo=SJUN7qy3UtiPLhYs3lnipg)

For those who don't know, the Illinois license plate that supports the Humane Societies and homeless pets in Illinois was recently discontinued. The plate was called the "Pet Friendly" plate and it seems there's a company out there named Pet Friendly that was going to sue to collect royalties on the name, so Illinois stopped issuing the plates.

I know there was a thread about this awhile back, but I couldn't find it. So for those that want to help get the plate back, this makes it the easiest thing in the world.

I mentioned on mine that it doesn't matter what the plate is called, as long as it's available and the money goes to help the homeless pets out there. Call it whatever you want, just get it out there and available again! And why, you ask - because I want one! ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Here's a link to the Previous Thread >>

Pet Friendly??? Thread (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33340)

Logan
12-04-2003, 01:01 PM
I hope it works. I emailed this link to Rachel, who started the original thread. :)

tatsxxx11
12-04-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks Logan! I was so excited when I saw the title of this thread and was going to write Rachel too!:) Good luck, Illinois animal lovers!

Rachel
12-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the link, T&P's Mom. I'm going to alert as many people as possible. I have my plate and live in fear that it will be *recalled* come renewal time. I know they are recalling some other plates that were issued with the little numbers, and if I remember correctly, renewal time was when they did that. I still don't understand how it can be considered a trademark infringement to state *I am pet friendly.* on a license plate. I think the State of Illinois just caved on this because they didn't want to bother with the litigation.

Where are all the lawyers who are so willing to file class action suits when there is some good to be done?

I have yet to find any product manufactured by Pet Friendly in all my shopping trips to pet supply stores. If I had, I would certainly contact the management or company purchasing same to alert them as to what Pet Friendly represents.

(Thanks for thinking to alert me Logan and Sandra!)