PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Read...

Edwina's Secretary
12-03-2003, 05:26 PM
"The Cat Who Went to Paris" by Peter Gethers? A writer who took his Scottish Fold cat with him everywhere! So readable and such fun. Norton would follow him on walks -- no harness for this guy. He only stayed at cat friendly-hotels and resorts. Norton rode on airplanes, buses, ferries.

I highly recommend it!

lynnestankard
12-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Not read that one Sara - thanks for the heads up. Sounds good.

Recently read a very similar type book a true story about a cat who's 'Daddy' was something in the consul office and the cat travelled with him and his family wherever they were posted. Absolutley beautiful book.

Right - into the book shop tomorrow searching for 'The Cat Who Went to Paris'..........

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Haven't seen that one but I'll have to check it out. I've got two whole weeks off of school over the holidays so I might just have time to do some non-textbook reading - finally. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion! :D

iloverat
12-03-2003, 10:00 PM
I've seen that book offered in some book catalog and it sounded interesting. It's always great to get a personal opinion from someone who's already read the book. Thanks for the recommendation. :D

CatDad
12-03-2003, 10:22 PM
I may have to check it out. Sounds like a good book to read.:)

Thanks!

AmberLee
12-03-2003, 10:56 PM
I loved it and the two sequels ... the last one is reminesnces after Norton died and is called "The Cat Who Will Live Forever".

The second one is the adventures they had after the first book and when they first realized Norton's health was failing ... I don't remember the title but I bawled like a baby through it. Enjoy!

bisi.cat
12-04-2003, 01:50 AM
Thanks for recommending!!!
I am always keen on finding another good book...especially in winter Nellie loves to wrap around my lap and we could spend hours with reading...:D

Randi
12-04-2003, 05:16 AM
I'd love to read it! There are several books called "The cat who ...." aren't there? I wonder if it's best to start with a particular one? If any of them are too sad, I think I'll skip those. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation - in fact, I think I'll put it on my Christmas list! :)

More ideas are welcome! :D

Pam
12-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Randi
I'd love to read it! There are several books called "The cat who ...." aren't there?
:D

Yes, and they are written by Lillian Jackson Braun. This could get confusing! :) The LJB series has two siamese kitties helping to solve crimes and I have read several of those. :)

catmandu
12-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Pete Gethers showed himself to be a True Cat Lover , by the way that he helped Norton through his last months. and i cant think of a Cat , that had a more blessed life. Bless you Mr. Gethers and know that Norton will be waiting for you.

Edwina's Secretary
12-04-2003, 10:53 AM
"The Cat Who...." books by Lillian Jackson Braun are great fun as well. They are fiction and I am reading one of those right now too. This is non-fiction.

If I were starting the LJB series...you could pick any of them up and enjoy but there is a starting point when the main human character is in Chicago and acquires the cats. Eventually he moves to a rural area. And don't worry Randi...none of them are sad!

Randi
12-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks Sara, that's probably the one I want first. :) I haven't had time to read much lately, but hope to during the Christmas season. I'll check if they're out in danish - wonder if my english is good enough to read them in english :o

AmberLee
12-04-2003, 11:09 PM
A friend loaned me a book on tape by Doreen Tovey, a Siamese cat loving woman in a small town in England. I loved it. You might try finding one of her books, too. I hear they're all good. The one I enjoyed so is called "More Cats in the Belfrey".

sirrahbed
12-05-2003, 08:44 AM
I have reserved both Peter Gethers' books from our library. They sound like great fun reading!!