PDA

View Full Version : Saving a Hero Dog

Angels3
09-23-2001, 08:04 PM
  There's a great story about how a Belgian Shepherd Search & Rescue Dog nearly gave his life while working at the WTC site in New York. Rescue people all swung into action to save his life...police, firefighters, a nurse, paramedics & vets all worked hard to save him.
http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/radio/more/unsung.html

jackiesdaisy1935
09-23-2001, 08:35 PM
Angels3 that is a wonderful story of people caring and understanding what these brave dogs go through to save lives. Thank God he was saved himself and his partner too. Thanks for sharing
Jackie

sammi
09-23-2001, 09:09 PM
That was a great story with a happy ending! Thanks for posting. :)

mugsy
09-23-2001, 10:30 PM
Too Cool!!! I think if I were Mr. Christensen I would have probably been not very nice to that moronic paramedic who refused to help them. Thank God for New York's finest. Thanks for sharing another precious moment from that horrible diaster. I think so far, the best stories coming out of all of this are about animals. Do you think maybe bin Laden could learn civility from observing dogs? Nah...but it was worth a thought!

Angels3
09-24-2001, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by mugsy:
<STRONG> I think so far, the best stories coming out of all of this are about animals. Do you think maybe bin Laden could learn civility from observing dogs? Nah...but it was worth a thought!</STRONG>

mugsy, I think that's a very good thought. bin Laden should observe how Mohammed, the founder of Islam, was famous for his great love of his pet cat. There's a story that shows how Mohammed acted with great tenderness & consideration for this creature.
Maybe that would inspire bin Laden to behave the same way to fellow creatures.

"In the Islamic world, the cat was respected and protected because cats were loved by the prophet Mohammed, the founder of Islam. There is a story that Mohammed's cat Muezza once fell asleep on the sleeve of his master's robe --instead of disturbing his beloved cat when he had to leave, Mohammed cut off the sleeve of his robe."

Sudilar
09-24-2001, 08:45 PM
What a story!!!

mugsy
09-24-2001, 10:47 PM
Angel, it's my opinion that nothing about bin Laden is Muslim. Unfortunately I don't think he has the heart, even for a beautiful four legged angel. I love hearing the good news from this tragedy...again, most have to do with dogs. I've read some about the dogs and cats that were left alone after the tragedy and it seems that most have been reunited with their owners and those who haven't, most have been rescued and are looking for new forever homes.

Angels3
09-25-2001, 06:59 AM
Yes, mugsy, I agree with you...the stories about the animals have been one of positive things about this tragedy.
And I agree with you that the ugly behaviour of the perpetrators has nothing to do with the religion.

Daisy's Mom
09-25-2001, 09:34 PM
What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I am so glad everything turned out okay.