PDA

View Full Version : How old?

slleipnir
12-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Stupid question, but how old are kittens usually when they start to claw things? Kiba is almost 10 weeks and hasn't 'clawed' anything yet, so I'm wondering when it will start..I mean she claws a bit, but not like dragging her paws down the couch kinda clawing. She is a pretty good kitty other then being -really- annoying ;) She likes to climb on you when your sleeping. She gets into stuff she shouldn't, but is learning not to :) Shes been getting into my moms plants, which she says she won't put up with her peeing in her plants and stuff..Not that she has, but my sister's cat use to do that..She can be -extremely- hyper. She seems to love climbing so I'm thinking of getting her a bigger scratching post. Right now she is curled up under my neck sleeping lol. Shes such a cutie <3 She is EXACTLY what I was hoping for when picking out a kitten. :D I'll post more pics soon, I'm just lazy right now.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Just because she has her claws doesn't mean she'll start clawing at the furniture. If you provide her with enough scratching posts and such, there's a good chance she won't scratch the furniture at all. :)

rg_girlca
12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
I agree with T & P.
I have been so fortunate with my kitties not going after my furniture. Yes, they had tried at times, but the water bottle was close at hand.
They have a 4 tier cat tree, some scratching posts and one thing I find that they really like, is rolled up bits of carpet. One is about 4 feet long and the other, 5 feet long. The rooms that don't have a scratching post, have a carpet leaning up against the wall. I haven't had any problems since. Also, they like to use certain door frames to stretch on and claw at, so I stapled a piece of carpet to them.
Hope some of my ideas help you and can't wait to see pics of your little Kiba.:)

slleipnir
12-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Those are good ideas. She will play with litterally anything, so I guess thats a good thing. Hopefully she continues to not claw things though. I'll have to steal some of your ideas for her ;)

Kirsten
12-03-2003, 04:52 PM
Most likely, when she has a scratching post which she likes to use, she won't start scratching on furnitures or walls! :)

Kirsten

catmandu
12-04-2003, 09:49 AM
I dont think that there is any particular age , where they scratch , and where they do. Michael scrached early , asdid Priness and Scrappy.The rest were older Cat , and most scatch a bit!