PDA

View Full Version : OK in Melbourne??

lynnestankard
12-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Are our Melbourne Pet Talkers OK?!! Just seen on the news they've had some really serious storms and flash floods.
Fingers crossed here - hope everyone's doing OK.

Lynne

Miss Meow
12-03-2003, 03:44 PM
We are OK. We got a thunderstorm like no other, but no wind and not much rain, so we must've been on the cusp of the storm. Other suburbs didn't fare so well, but at least there don't seem to be many fatalities.

We are expecting more storms tonight, and the radio DJ this morning asked people to keep their pets safely inside tonight. That was really nice :)

Thanks for asking :)

RICHARD
12-03-2003, 05:06 PM
I saw the reports and thought that maybe Paul Hogan was elected for some Government Office.....Look at Cah lee fuh nee ah!!!

Glad that no one was hurt or killed...

Isn't it summer down there???:confused:

lynnestankard
12-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Paul Hogan - Minister for Beer!!! LOL!!

Glad your Ok Nicole.xxx

Lynne

gini
12-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Gosh, I am glad to hear you are alright too. I had not seen the news.

Hunker down with all of the kidlets......and stay safe!

Mmmm, and Melbourne is so beautiful too! I hope there is no loss of life nor too much damage.

Miss Meow
12-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I saw the reports and thought that maybe Paul Hogan was elected for some Government Office.....Look at Cah lee fuh nee ah!!!

Glad that no one was hurt or killed...

Isn't it summer down there???:confused:

Yes! Spring is always the most turbulent season, but we get a scorcher one day, blinding rain the next, another scorcher and then the worst storm on record. The saying is, 'if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.' :rolleyes:

Gini, we had a car display at Southbank last Sunday (where we had dinner!) I'll have get off my lazy bottom and post some pictures for you :)