PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! It just hit me.........

Logan
12-03-2003, 10:48 AM
I almost feel guilty in mentioning this, because Mimi has been with me for so long and has dealt with so much in her 14+ years. She will always be close to my heart.

But Butter, who was so tough, for so long, has become quite sociable, and I find myself standing up for him, praising him, and delighting in his every movement and funny thing that he does. He has definitely joined the ranks of "heart cat"!!! :) Maybe it just means that he has found his way to my heart (which I think he did a long time ago, otherwise, I would have rehomed him very early on). I guess it is just that he came from "who knows where", was calm, then vicious, and now has sort of found his place in our family. He still bites and scratches, if provoked, and sometimes, even when he is not provoked, but he is beautiful, and obviously prefers our family to the alternative (walking the streets, begging). I worried so much when we moved last year, because I didn't know what he would do, but he has obviously found his "place" with us, because he goes out, but always comes back, just like Mimi. Right now, he is peacefully sleeping on this huge monitor (he loves the warmth, and he needs it right now as it is COLD).

I love that boy, and I love my girl. I guess, after all my "dog" posts lately, I just wanted to remind myself, and all of you, that I adore both of of my cats, just as much.

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, I think after such a wonderful tribute to your little Butterball, you should add a pic so we know who you're talking about. ;) :D

It's wonderful that he has found his place in your home, and knows he has it good. :D

Logan
12-03-2003, 11:19 AM
You are so right, Debbie! Just wish I had some newer pictures to share!!

Here is Butterball (named by one of my Pet Talk friends), right after he joined our family!!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3db20b3127cce971c8ac372d60000001610

And here he is, recently, enjoying his "gifts" from the Pet Talk Gift Swap! (Thank you, Rosemary)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d623b3127cce8baf6dd364700000001610

Barbara
12-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Debbie, thanks that you asked for the pictures. I've been missing Butter much too long:D

Logan, I always have a bad conscience when Filou sits on my shoulder giving nosekissies and my heart flows over. And then later when Tigris lies on my chest, looking at me calmly and I have the same feelings.

I couldn't live without any of them:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-03-2003, 12:14 PM
What a touching story! Butter is adorable!

Cataholic
12-03-2003, 12:17 PM
Logan,

{{{{{hugs}}}} for having such a way with words (and animals!)!! It was a sweet post to read.

Randi
12-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Isn't Butter just wonderful! I too have missed seeing him, he looks so sweet in the pictures you posted.

Getting a headbumpie from Fister is very precious to me, or just having him snuggle in bed - it's such a joy to have cats! :)

amoore
12-03-2003, 12:50 PM
I love butter's eyes ! He is so beautiful!:)

catnapper
12-03-2003, 02:10 PM
What beautiful sentiment! He seems like such a special kitty... and to be chosen by him only makes it more so!

ramanth
12-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Yay Butter! :D How handsome he is. :)

Now we need pics of Mimi! ;)

lynnestankard
12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Logan many thanks for this 'uppydate' of our lovely Butterball.
The pics., are a great reminder of the lovely furguy.
And it goes to show - time flies when you're having fun!!

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
12-03-2003, 03:40 PM
He's such a beautiful cat. Good to know that he appreciates his home so much.

Logan
12-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Logan many thanks for this 'uppydate' of our lovely Butterball.
The pics., are a great reminder of the lovely furguy.
And it goes to show - time flies when you're having fun!!

Lynne

Can you believe that he has been with me almost 3 years now, Lynne??? I don't know what made me really look at him today and just get all gushy, but I did.

I promise, we will get some new pictures of both of them soon. Seems like it has been "dog" time and "bird" time lately and it is time for my girl and boy to have their moment in the spotlight. :)

Thanks, everyone, for understanding my thoughts today.

Logan

Miss Meow
12-03-2003, 04:36 PM
It's cute to rediscover love and see your pets in a new light :) Butter's always been the handsome rebel in my eyes, and it's great to hear he's settling down a bit (but still as gorgeous as ever!) :)

gini
12-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Logan, thank you for sharing your feelings about Butter!

The song from THE KING AND I - "Getting to Know You" always comes to my mind.

It has been a challenge with Annie and Emma as well. As I have said, they were foisted upon my by my neighbor. The kittens were born in his yard.

SOMETHING had to have happened in their young life next door, because Emma in particular is scared to death of shoes (while they are on your feet) and also doors. If I let her go outside I have to open the door very wide and stand away from it before she will scamper out doors. The same thing happens when I want to let her back indoors. It always makes me so sad.

In this past year I have been working very hard to gain her trust.
It is a long arduous task, and sometimes not rewarding. She is a destructive cat.

However, neither have ever ever hissed at me or attempted to bite or scratch me.

I can't even say that about Rascal in his early years with me.

And they crawl right into your heart and stay there.

jenluckenbach
12-03-2003, 04:59 PM
PICTURES!

PICTURES!

PICTURES!

pounds on table.

PICTURES!

PICTURES!

PICTURES!

get the picture??:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
12-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Edwina was just sitting on my lap....purring and loving on me. She is a bit like me....she can be prickly and cantankerous but she and I love each other so. Eddie is so sweet and so cute and so friendly -- everybody (including me but excluding Edwina) just adores him. Eddie jumped up on the desk to see what we were doing. Poor Edwina....that was the end of the cuddle session! There sat Eddie...."murp? where did she go???"

I want both of them to feel equally loved! It would be so much easier if they (alright SHE) felt the same!

auggie
12-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Your Butterball is so handsome! I love his beautiful blue eyes.

Logan, I know exactly how you feel. It is always extra special when an unsociable cat becomes loving, even if it’s just for a few minutes like in Phoenixes case.
In the past he has been the crankiest cat. If I pet him he would bite and scratch me.
I also never heard a cat whine like him before. I will have to admit that I torture him with kisses anyway. He does have his sweet moments at times, usually when he wants a treat. The rare moments when he actually purrs are so very special. He is slowly getting much more tolerant. The last couple of nights I put him on the bed next to Auggie where he fell asleep purring. I think that both our "bad boys" are making a huge progress.

Logan
12-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
PICTURES!

PICTURES!

PICTURES!

pounds on table.

PICTURES!

PICTURES!

PICTURES!

get the picture??:rolleyes:

Got it, Jen!!!!! :D :D :D