PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Joey update(this one with Pics):)

CatDad
12-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Well, I thought that since you have all been so great, that I would post some pics with a quick Joey update.:) No, shaved belly shots that I was hoping for. We need to build a little trust back after dad took her and left her at that place where they poked and prodded her. Hopefully I will get one before all her hair grows back. She hates it, but it is so cute.

On to the update. I am finally starting to relax a little and letting myself think that we are through the rough part. She has had 3 small meals since she has been home. The really good news is that she has not thrown up once.:) I don't think that she has gone potty at this point, because she had not eaten anything for 3 days. So I don't know if that is normal yet. I should find out tomorrow, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

She has readjusted to the house fairly well, which I was concerned about. She was out and running around which was cool. That is until this evening, I had to take her back to the vet for a minute to get help with taking off her bandage that they put on her leg where the catheter(sp?) had been. She had just bit me so I figured I needed professional help. It was a short trip 15 minutes total, my normal vet is really close. The longest part was explaining how Joey was doing to my favorite vet tech.

So, all in all the outlook is really good.:)

Once again, I think that the reason for her fast recovery was all of you sending prayers and good thought. We all say thank you again. You are probably tired of hearing me say that, I am not going to stop.;)

Anyway, onto the good part, the pictures:

Well, this one isn't a good one it is a week ago sunday, I was taking a morning nap on the big green chair and Joey decieded to take a nap with me. Sorry for the scary looking human.:eek: I need to start hidding the camera until I get dressed in the morning on the weekends if I take a nap.:o
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p987c132150f61c80803e41416128fe1d/fa662aee.jpg

I think that I have posted this one, it was takien a while ago. It however shows her with all of her fur.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p6268af28985cd550119b63e0cf956485/fa80ab22.jpg

Here we have the Joey on Friday night, I took her to the vet Saturday morning. She never does this.
Dad I really don't feel well:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p67844bcf95334db9ff9eb496a34c0d08/fa6629c6.jpg

More to come, in post #2

CatDad
12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
I didn't get any while she was at the vet. I forgot the camera, my mind was on other things.

Here we have her on Monday, a couple of hours after I brought her home. She was reaquanting herself with the turboscratcher. She still has her little pink bandage on her leg. I think that was so they could remember she was a girl.:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p1a88bf19ad1a74618fbab48610a47525/fa66289b.jpg

Here she is using her scratcher. See the missing fur, it is the same on the other side. They shaved off alot.:eek:
She really missed it her scratcher:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p4c4745d2721414ba2a3d8bd5d734616f/fa662947.jpg

One more of her staring out of her favorite window:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p2154a7e8ccf719bf58c543e5b1142431/fa662657.jpg

Here is one of Bob so he does not feel left out:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pefae60bb47d04eb6dbd05e45b3c4d0dd/fa6629a3.jpg

While I was finishing this last post Joey just came downstairs to stare out of her favorite window. I think that she forgives me.:D

Well that is it for now.

Thanks!!!:D

rg_girlca
12-02-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Joey is doing so much better. Wait a go Joey girl. I'm also glad to hear that you are starting to relax a bit there Bryan.
Great pics of you and Joey girl.
The "Dad I don't feel well" pic, is heartbreaking.
I'm glad she is eating, now Joey girl, go to your litter box and make a nice doo-doo for daddy okay.
Thanks for the update Bryan and keep them coming until we hear that Joey is fully and completely all better.

edit; I just saw the second set of pics with Joey. Poor baby, don't worry, your hair will grow in no time and you will look as beautiful as ever. Bob, you're still a handsome fella.

Thanks for the pictures Bryan.

Prairie Purrs
12-02-2003, 10:06 PM
If she's eating and playing with her toys, she's definitely feeling a lot better! Such good news! :D

kimlovescats
12-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Oh Bryan, it is so wonderful to see Joey looking so happy and content back at home! That one picture of her looking so pitiful hanging her head over the stairs is just soooooo sad! But now thanks to her very attentive CatDad, she is well again!!!
Big hugs to you all!!!:D

Steffi N
12-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Joey, sweet girl, it’s so good to read that you are continuing to get better and that you are out and about. How about some tootsie rolls for daddy?
Bryan, we are all glad our posts, prayers, and good wishes helped you and Joey get through this.
Thanks for the pictures, Joey does look so sad in that window pic. The picture of the nap with daddy is adorable.
And Bob, your picture really shows off your gorgeous fur. But don't fret Joey, you will have yours back and just as fluffy.

jazzcat
12-02-2003, 11:04 PM
So great to see her feeling better. I'm glad to hear the good update too. Maybe you can begin to relax a little now.

shais_mom
12-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Yea for the good Update!
She is such a sweet Precious girl!

Nomilynn
12-03-2003, 12:30 AM
what a sweet girl :) I'm glad to know she's feeling better

bisi.cat
12-03-2003, 02:12 AM
Oh it's wonderful to hear that she's doing better...and don't worry sweet baby, that hair will grow back soon...you look purrfect nevertheless!!!:)

I really love that picture where she's sleeping in that chair...she's smiling when she's taking a nap...how cute!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-03-2003, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the update! I am so glad Joey is settling back in well at home, and is keeping her food down. SOunds like she is on the mend?

How did Bob react to having his sis come home smelling like the V-E-T???

I am sure her gorgeous hair will grow back soon! Give them both luvvies from me!

jenluckenbach
12-03-2003, 06:04 AM
:D

anna_66
12-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Well I must say it sounds like she's feeling much better, and the pictures are great, even the one of you! You just look a little tired:)

CatDad
12-03-2003, 08:14 AM
Thank you everyone.:D

Short morning update. She is continuing to do well. She is still skittish, but I will expect that for at lest the next month or so. However she has not thrown up at this point.:) She has continued to eat, although it is not a lot yet. I figure that's OK at this point since she had not food in really from Thursday to Monday.

What I really posted for was Julie's questions about Bob and Joey. He is not happy that she is back, or that she smells like the Vet. In fact he actually hissed at her last night, that is not something I have seen happen for a while. I am hoping that it is just a readjustment period. he was the only cat for a couple of days. Well he gets to go to the vet this week for a nail trim and that should mellow him out a little. It will at least make them both smell like the vet.;)

catlover4ever
12-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Oh yes, you can see in the pictures that the glimmer is starting to come back to those pretty eyes. What a sad looking picture of her not feeling well, it breaks my heart when they are not feeling well.

Just to let you know that Joey not going to the bathroom is not a big deal right now. If however she keeps eating and does not go for a few days, then you will need to worry.

My mom's baby Figaro was involved in an accident and he did not eat for a week, when he finally started to eat it was 1 day for him to go # 1 and almost 4 days for him to do # 2.

Thank you so much for the update. :D

catmandu
12-03-2003, 09:51 AM
We are glad that Joey is feeling better and has regained her appetite. Meeeow from all the Found Cats!:D :D :cool: :rolleyes:

Twink
12-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Good for Joey! She really looks like she's glad to be home, even if she is still disgruntled. Her reverse belly-mohawk is cute. :)

Poor Bob! His sister was abducted by aliens. Can't you just read his mind? *sniff sniff* "Who are you and what have you done with Joey?!"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Such wonderful pics of her starting to feel better again. :D

I always get a kick out of it when they shave long haired kitties. They look sooo big with their hair, then when the hair is gone you have just a tiny, skinny cat on your hands. ;) :D

I'm so glad to hear she continues to do well. Hopefully it was just a flu bug or something and has now passed. Thank goodness Bob didn't get it too. :eek:

Thanks for the pics and the uppydate! :D

Killearn Kitties
12-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Aww poor Baby! She's just as beautiful as before she was shaved though.:)

NoahsMommy
12-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Yay!! Joey's back home!! :D

Excellent news on her being home and no throwing up.

Great pictures, its so good to see her home and getting back into her routine. :)

ChrisH
12-03-2003, 04:01 PM
I`m so pleased to hear Joey is feeling better. :) Thanks for the update and the pictures! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2003, 04:13 PM
So glad Joey's is improving!!!
She looks so much like my Leonardo they could be twins!!! (except he is much, ahem, fatter!):D

Craftlady
12-03-2003, 05:07 PM
It's great to read Joey is on the mends. I chuckled at Bob and his reaction, yep he will be humbled later this week when it's his turn to smell like the vets office. :)

bluekat
12-03-2003, 05:34 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Joey's getting better:D She is as cute as ever! The shaved belly reminds me of Blueberry and his lion cut
:p

I always get a kick out of it when they shave long haired kitties. They look sooo big with their hair, then when the hair is gone you have just a tiny, skinny cat on your hands

LOL, you should see Blueberry when he got his lion cut!:eek: He looked so much skinnier, lol, and his head looked too big for his body.:p
Here's a pic, even though you can't really see his whole body, but you could see some of it. It was taken right after the lion cut.:p
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d607b3127cce8d01a06676aa0000001610

lynnestankard
12-03-2003, 05:50 PM
HURRAY!!! She's home and posing for pictures and she's eating and really p*%^£"! Bob off!!!! LOL!

Bryan I'm so pleased your little love bug is home and eating without throwing up - giant strides now eh? Love the pics., too - many thanks for posting.

(Don't worry about the one where you're both sleeping! Don once took one of me one New Year's Day, after a very hectic 'night before' - curled up with RB Kipper - both snoring - or so he said!!)

When Bob's had his nails trimmed and they both smell the same - he'll be cool. :D

Just carry on trying to relax and catching up on all that sleep you lost. Take good care.
Lynne

PS: Bluecat - Adore Blueberry the poodle!! LOL!!

auggie
12-03-2003, 09:31 PM
I'm so glad Joey is feeling better. How is she taking her medication?
I’ve been thru a similar ordeal with Auggie, where the vet couldn’t find anything wrong and all the Tests came out normal.
Then finally after getting an anti-nausea shot, she immediately felt better and started eating and drinking again.

CatDad
12-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Bluekat that is a great Picture.:D

auggie I have some soft hairball treats that I am wraping the pills in. They are just quater tablets so they are really small.

Joey is still doing well. she has not thrown up or anything. I am not entirely sure but she may have actually had a tootsie roll in the litter box.:)

Now the bad news, I think that she has a cold now.:( Poor girl keeps walking around and sneezing. I am going to give it till tomorrow and if she is still sneezing she get to go the the vet again. Poor baby.

She did walk up on the desk while I was typing this post and has a message for you all:
;9+86ui
kjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjj

I took out most of the enters that she used.:) I think it is kitty for 'thanks and tell this man to start feeding me real food again.':D

Cincy'sMom
12-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Great to see Joey back home!!! Hope things continue to improve!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
She did walk up on the desk while I was typing this post and has a message for you all:
;9+86ui
kjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjj

I took out most of the enters that she used.:) I think it is kitty for 'thanks and tell this man to start feeding me real food again.':D

Too cute. :D

It's possible she picked up the cold while she was at the vet's. It's sad that they go there to get well and end up getting sick, but it's just the nature of being around other sick kitties - and her immune system was definitely weakened. Hope it doesn't get too bad and she recovers quickly. Yippeee on the tootsie roll. Sounds like she's on her way to a full recovery on that front. Oh, and you might want to check with the vet right away so she doesn't pass the cold on to Bob.

Good luck and keep us updated. :)

cubby31682
12-03-2003, 10:54 PM
I am also very glad she is home and feeling better!

Katie

Cataholic
12-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Bryan,
I was so busy this week, that I missed posting about the wonderful news of Joey(us Joey girls have to stick together). I am so glad to hear she is doing well. I know it will take some time before your house settles again, but, it will. Bob will be her friend shortly. She will continue to smell for maybe a week! Once the smell dissapates, they will be fine.

I have a special fondness for Joey. She looks my first kitty ever, Queenie (RB). All tiger-y and fluffy. Queenie was 'my' cat, only. To the rest of the world, she was a meanie. To me? Nothing but love.

Continued well wishes for Joey, Bob and you!
Johanna