PDA

View Full Version : Please - Visit Maddie

ilovehounds
04-25-2001, 08:20 PM
Please go see Maddie, another result of mans kindness to their pet..... get the tissue...
http://www.showdog-magazine.com/Maddie.htm

ANIMAL ABUSE-The ultimate act of cowardice and mental derangement!!

Bonnie and My Girls
Cairns and Friends
www.cairnsandfriends.homestead.com (http://www.cairnsandfriends.homestead.com)

Gio
04-26-2001, 06:13 AM
I wonder what happened to the other posts.

There has been no news since April 24. Let't hope for the best.

[This message has been edited by Gio (edited April 26, 2001).]

nsweezie
04-26-2001, 12:18 PM
Right now I am having trouble typing, because I cannot see the screen properly through my tears.
A story like this makes me ashamed to be a human. I have said a prayer for this poor animal and all others like her.

Sudilar
04-26-2001, 03:10 PM
Getting worried. No updates. I hope Maddie is ok.

tatsxxx11
04-26-2001, 04:43 PM
The same thread is also posted in Dog's General. I'm really worried; no word. Prayers for the beautiful Maddie. We love you brave, brave, Maddie girl.

RachelJ
04-27-2001, 08:39 AM
There is a post now. (Be sure you are clicking the week 2 update on the bottom of the first page).

Let me warn you, the news is not encouraging. I have to really get a grip on myself, this is so very, very sad. I just want to bawl.

gini
04-27-2001, 11:15 AM
I had to really pull myself together before I could write this post.

I guess there are two lessons here - the first being that there are truly evil people in the world. They are evil to other people so a small dog means nothing to them.

The better lesson is - think about how many many wonderful people paid and unpaid are pulling for Maddie. The professionals are using all of their knowledge and the volunteers are showering Maddie with all the love she so richly deserves.

And haven't all of us learned something from Maddie's story. It just grips you in a place deep in your stomach that is very very uncomfortable.

I have cats - so this story has made me go over to them and give them that extra hug and a kiss that I might have missed.

All God's creatures are such incredible gifts to us. All of us who have animals know the great gift of their unconditional love.

Not only will I be saying many prayers for Maddie, I think the couple that did this to her need our prayers as well.

------------------

Pam
04-30-2001, 08:31 AM
I hadn't checked on Maddie's progress today but the post from Spencer told it all. I just read the latest update and I am crying, yes over a dog that I never knew but a very sweet little soul who was dealt with so unkindly here on earth. Now she is at peace with no pain and I am thankful for that. Her story has driven me to hug and kiss my pets over and over again in appreciation for their health and just for being in my life. I simply do not understand Maddie's previous owners. How can one behave this way to a precious life who offers only unconditional love (humans are not even this way....lots of times humans love but with conditions placed). Maddie, I agree with Spencer, Rest in Peace sweet little one and say hi to my precious Peaches, Pumpkin, Ashey and Whitney who have gone before. Tell them I love them and miss them too. Yes Spencer there must be more punishment for this type of crime and, make no mistake about it, what happened to Maddie is a crime!!!

ilovehounds
04-30-2001, 09:34 AM
Im sorry to have to post this letter I recieved this morning but as some of you know Maddie is no longer with us. Rest in peace Maddie, you will always be in our hearts.

The little abused Springer...

Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 10:17 PM
Subject: Maddie Update 04/28

Dear Fellow Maddie Lovers,
Today Maddie gave me a sign. She let me know, without a doubt, that she was
ready to go to the Rainbow Bridge. Deep down I knew she would let me know if
and when she was ready, and many of you reminded me of this fact on a daily
basis. I can only say that if you were there, you would have seen it, too.

I went in to visit her this afternoon after dealing with a broken vehicle in
the morning. The kids in charge of her daily feeding and love-giving looked
really sad. I could see it in their eyes before I went to her cage. She
hadn't eaten a thing all day, and hadn't been drinking, either. They were
heartbroken, because they had really tried to entice her to eat. They said
she appeared not to even have the strength to do it.

I went in her room to see her. She had undergone a definite change since
yesterday afternoon. Her eyes turned to see me, but she did not lift her
head as much as she usually would. I do know that she knew me, and stretched
her nose out ever so slightly when I went to stroke her head and speak to
her. Her breathing was very rapid and shallow. I just knew. I called her
vet and told her that it was time. She had seen her a few hours prior, and
asked me if I was ready. I replied "as ready as I'll ever be".

We got her little bed, cushioned her with a bunch of towels, and covered her
little body with one to keep her warm. We carried her outside into the yard,
where there was sunshine and a little breeze. While we waited for Paige, her
vet, I held Maddie and told her how much everyone loved her and that it was
OK for her to go now. We sat like that for a good while, me talking to her,
stroking her on her little blaze, as always. Her breathing evened out as we
sat together and looked into each other's eyes. I can definitely tell you
she knew it was me holding her. She never took her eyes off mine. Paige
showed up in a little while and very gently put her to sleep as I held her in
my arms and kissed her on the head for myself and for everyone else who loved
her. Paige said Maddie probably wouldn't have made it through the night in
that condition, and there's no way we would have let her go alone like that.
As sad as we were, we knew we did the right thing.

Please check back soon on Maddie's pages for an epilogue. I have been
compiling a list of her benefactors, and wish for everyone to see it. It's
not quite ready yet, but will be in a few days. I can't thank everyone
enough who has supported and encouraged us through this. It's like all of
you were with us every step of the way. It meant so much to both Maddie and
myself. Maddie is at peace now, and in a better place. All of us have a
little Maddie angel watching over us now, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Kate Kyer
English Springer Rescue America
Rescue/Foster/Adoption Coordinator-DFW, TX www.springerrescue.org (http://www.springerrescue.org)
ESRA - Maddie
Show Dog Magazine.com...Maddie

jackiesdaisy1935
04-30-2001, 10:00 AM
I couldn't read Maddies tale, because from the posts I knew it was bad and I couldn't bring myself to read it. There are so many abused animals in this world of innocents
why?
Rest in Peace Maddie, someday maybe this won't happen to another innocent animal!

RachelJ
04-30-2001, 10:21 AM
I am sobbing as I write this. I had so wanted our Maddie to make it through this ordeal. If anyone being deserved to have some of this life's beauty and love and caring, she did.

Good bye Maddie. We love you and know that maybe now you will have the best of life at the Rainbow Bridge. Please find Bailey and Tizzie and tell them I still love them so much and and for them to play and have fun with you. They are very good dogs, just like you.

aly
04-30-2001, 02:23 PM
Like Jackie, I was not able to read Maddie's story. I saw her pictures and scanned the words a bit but it was too hard for me. I have been thinking about her daily and praying for her. Many tears are being shed for her untimely departure. Everyone who helped and cared for her are truely to be commended. I wish I could hug them all http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

tatsxxx11
05-01-2001, 04:37 PM
Bless you for trying so hard to help Maddie. I was praying and hoping so that she would make it, and for just a short time, know a life free of pain and suffering. But, through the love and incredible devotion of all the wonderful people who cared for and loved her, she did learn how loving and compassionate a human can be. She tried so hard; maybe for all of us. Rest peacefully beautiful Maddie. You are now one of God's most beautiful and beloved angels. Run free and happy and whole with Jing and Snuffy and all the other Rainbow kids. We love you Maddie. The bravest girl there ever was. The purest soul there ever could be.