PDA

View Full Version : Im looking for a dog that needs...

TollSettFK
09-18-2001, 11:22 AM
Hello everybody. I need to ask you guys a favor. I have always loved, and respected the Siberian Husky breed,and am looking into getting one. Im looking for a female Husky, any age, puppyhood( 6-16 weeks) or 3 years old and older is preferred. I would love to find a little angel from an animal shelter, one that would do good with other puppys, and that needs help. I would appreciate ANYTHING. Thank you so much.

mugsy
09-18-2001, 02:14 PM
At last count, the Animal Care and Control here in Fort Wayne, IN has a female husky who is absolutely gorgeous. if you go to www.cityoffortwayne.org (http://www.cityoffortwayne.org) and at the bottom there is a list of available links click on Animal Control and then go to adoptions her picture was there a couple of days ago...no guarentees because the full breeds go pretty quickly there. They require a fenced yard and a vet check and the adoption fee is $85.

crow_noir
09-19-2001, 03:50 AM
grrrr. there are time when one of those new fandangled computers w/ rewritable IP adresses would be nice. i tried looking on www.petfinder.org (http://www.petfinder.org) for you, but even if i typ in PA it still is programmed in that i typed in MI from the first time i used it. :mad: :-P anyhow, try the site. i hope you can find something. (they even list sometimes if it is specil needs. i find the site user friendly ...usually. grrr)

delidog
09-19-2001, 04:21 AM
check out the siberian rescue web sites....you can enter then go to pa. for specifics in your area....doylestown?!?!?!?! you are in an area with many different breeders...check local listings....the deli dog..p.s. have you ever had devon fudge at the devon horse show near you???

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-19-2001, 05:59 AM
Oh, I wish you had said something earlier. There was a beautiful siberian husky at the shelter I volunteer at. I was there yesterday and she was gone.

Check this website out: http://www.siberianrescue.com/sibrescu.htm

They have listings for Husky rescues by state.

Good Luck.

Stenograsaurus
09-19-2001, 12:03 PM
How much research did you do on the breed? A lot of people are disappointed after having the husky for a while because they didn't research them. They just liked the way they look.
You shouldn't have a problem finding a husky at your local rescue center. They are always being found. They love to run and can run for miles and so owners have a hard time finding them.
If you get one, never let him off of a leash!!! There is a girl on here who is fortunate and has a husky that doesn't run away, but mine would be gone in a heartbeat!!!

TollSettFK
09-20-2001, 08:43 AM
Oh yes, Iv'e done a lot of research, and I am completely preparred. I know that they can run, run, run, run, run, and then run after that.

Stenograsaurus
09-20-2001, 09:15 AM
I'm so glad you've researched and are prepared for the lovely husky. Let us know if you get one and tell us all about her. They are so loving and sweet but can also be so stubborn and bullheaded. It is truly a joy owning one.

mugsy
09-20-2001, 12:08 PM
Kimba is still at Fort Wayne's Animal Care and Control. She is a beauty. I'd take her myself if we didn't have so many and they had a limit of 4 dogs.

Stenograsaurus
09-20-2001, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by mugsy:
<STRONG>Kimba is still at Fort Wayne's Animal Care and Control. She is a beauty. I'd take her myself if we didn't have so many and they had a limit of 4 dogs.</STRONG>

Kimba is gorgeous. She has that lovely inquisitive husky look.
How far is Altoona from Doyelstown? Here's a Husky in a kill shelter. It's not a good picture.

http://www.altoona.net/cphs/img/upload/111.jpg

Here's their website. http://www.altoona.net/cphs/petlist.phtml

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

mugsy
09-20-2001, 03:10 PM
Steno,

The Kimba I know of is in the Fort Wayne, IN kill shelter. She's been there for about a week or week and a half. I posted the website towards the top of this topic if you want to see her. She is a beaty.

Stenograsaurus
09-21-2001, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by mugsy:
<STRONG>Steno,

The Kimba I know of is in the Fort Wayne, IN kill shelter. She's been there for about a week or week and a half. I posted the website towards the top of this topic if you want to see her. She is a beaty.</STRONG>

Sorry to confuse anybody. The picture I have on here is of a husky in Altoona, Pennsylvania (a little closer to Grace). I did, however, look at Kimba and she's gorgeous.

mugsy
09-21-2001, 01:22 PM
I'm sure that Pennsylvania is a much better choice. I was just kind of hoping. I'm sure the Fort Wayne Kimba will be adopted soon. I am actually pretty surprised that she is still there, the full breeds go pretty quickly. Also, they do work with breed rescues too because that's what they have done with a couple of Danes that have come in (We got one of them...Jazzy is from there). Good luck with the Husky search and I hope you find one soon. Oh yes, Steno...your Kimba is a real looker too!