PDA

View Full Version : My Cheeks went to RB this morning

lbaker
12-02-2003, 08:02 AM
6:30 this morning. I was holding her paw. For those that don't know she was my Mama dog, Border Collie, eldest. My husband will be able to comfort her there. I can't. I know words of comfort will be coming but I can't read or type any more for awhile. My eyes and heart are leaking terribly.
Laurie

robinh
12-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Oh Laurie, I am so sorry! :( Please accept my sincere condolences.

I wish there were words to help, but I know there aren't.

Rachel
12-02-2003, 08:39 AM
I'm so sorry Laurie. Let the tears flow and know that we understand what you are going through.

lizbud
12-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Oh Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss.:( Gentle hugs of
comfort to you today. {{HUGS}} Liz & Smokey.

Foam
12-02-2003, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry. :( You and your mother are in my thoughts.

micki76
12-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Oh Laurie, I’m so very sorry. :( It’s so hard to let go. I’m glad you were able to be there to comfort her.

anna_66
12-02-2003, 09:24 AM
I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Just please be comforted to know her & your husband are together.
{{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Kona & Oreo's mom
12-02-2003, 09:29 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

tatsxxx11
12-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Oh Laurie:(:( I'm so, so sorry:( My heart is breaking and my eyes cry for you. I know words are of little comfort right now. Just know that we love you and are here for you when you're ready to talk. Bless you dear Cheeks; safe journey to the Rainbow Bridge beautiful girl. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Sandra

Logan
12-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Oh, Laurie, I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you on this very difficult day.

gini
12-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Laurie, what a beautiful thought that now your husband can take over the duties of showering Cheeks with love and attention.

I hope that you can let this thought continue to comfort you as you and your family suffer the loss of Cheeks.

Let me extend to you a big hug in an effort to comfort you as well.

Gini

Linda York
12-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Laurie take comfort in knowing that your husband and Cheeks are happily together and that he has her with him. I am so sorry for your loss.
Sometimes there really are no words...... just know that our love and prayers are with you.

ramanth
12-02-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm so sorry Laurie. :( *HUGS*

RIP sweet mama Cheeks.

ChrisH
12-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Laurie, I am so, so, sorry. :(

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in peace dear Cheeks.

lovemyshiba
12-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Laurie,
I'm so sorry to hear about Cheeks' passing.
Knowing that your she and your husband are together now is bittersweet--they will both be watching over you.

Rest In Peace, Dear Cheeks.

{{hugs}} to you and the rest of your crew.

Christiansmommy
12-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Laurie, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved dog. No words can ease your pain at this time I am sure. When you feel up to talking about her and remembering her and the love she gave...we are all here to listen, and some will be able to relate...give your other puppers big hugs today to help you get through it a little easier. ((((HUGS))))

Robyn

K9soul
12-02-2003, 01:46 PM
I wish I could find adequate words to comfort you in your loss. My eyes sting with tears of deep empathy of your mourning. Dear Cheeks will run and play and enjoy Rainbow Bridge. She and your husband will lovingly look over you, until the day you are happily reunited.

My Peanuts
12-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Nothing that any of us say can take your pain away. I know what you are going through and so do many PTers. I hope that you can take some comfort in the fact that you are not alone. One thing is for sure, Cheeks isn't suffering. I'm truely sorry for your loss.

Miss Meow
12-02-2003, 02:31 PM
Laurie, I'm so sorry about Cheeks. {{{hugs}}}

Safe journey to the Bridge, Cheeks.

jenluckenbach
12-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Laurie, I am sorry to hear about your loss. :( Hope you have the strenght soon to read our words. They may bring you more tears, but they'll bring comfort too.

Cinder & Smoke
12-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Dear Laurie ~

Big {{{Hugs}}} of Sympathy.

Take comfort knowing that Hubby and Dear Cheeks
are now United at the Bridge.

Rest In Peace, Cheeks.

/s/ :( Phred

captain
12-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Oh Laurie,

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} across the miles. I know that this time of year is hard for you ....... but we love you and will always be hear to listen.

Love
Michelle

LoudLou
12-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you heartfelt hugs and prayers across the cyber miles.

Karen
12-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Dear Laurie, Cheeks is surely rounding up anyone willing at the Rainbow Bridge. Then she can be off to collect biscuits from my (Great) Uncle Mac, who had marvelous Border Collies on his farm, and spoiled them all! Was she Badger's momma?

I am sure she will live on forever in your heart, and I bet you'll always have a bit of her fur somewhere on your person or your furniture! Cheeks had the best life - she was owned and loved by YOU! Big hugs to all who mourn her loss.

Run free, Cheeks - ol' Molly dog'll show you the way!

slick
12-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Laurie: I don't come to the dog side too often but something lead me here now.

You mean alot to me and if ever there was a time that I wish I could be wise with words, it's now. I know that soon you will be able to read all of the posts here and I pray they will bring you comfort.

My heart is aching, knowing that you are hurting and there's not much I can do to help. Cheeks must have been very special and very lucky to have a good home and be loved by your family. If you feel up to it in time, it would be nice to post a picture of Cheeks.

We are all here for you Laurie; don't hesitate to use our shoulders to cry on. Email me if you want to talk.

luv

Tonya
12-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I am very sorry about your lost.

joycenalex
12-02-2003, 06:57 PM
dear laurie, i am so so sorry.when cheecks opened her eyes again, the first thing she saw was your husband waiting for her. please accept my sympathies.

dukedogsmom
12-02-2003, 07:58 PM
So sorry to hear about Cheeks. I can only imagine how you feel. My dogs Beauty, Kammisar, and Shoney can keep her company. Just think how happy they'll all be to see us again some day. And as long as you have Cheeks in your heart, you'll never lose her
And how nice it was for you to be able to be with her instead of it happening at the vet. I know she knew the love you had for her. Animals are a wonderful thing and dogs are so very special. God truly gave us a great gift with them.

sabies
12-02-2003, 10:26 PM
So sorry to hear. At least you were there with her and she had your husband to go to. My thoughts are with you.

Kater
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
May you RIP Cheeks.
While your family mourns this loss, please remember all the wonderful memories shared with Cheeks! This is something you can cherish always and death does not change that!

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.
~ Irving Townsend

Please give yourself the time and space you need to heal and don't feel guilty for doing it.

From one border collie lover to another... {{{HUGS}}}.

K9karen
12-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Oh dear Laurie, I am so so sorry about Cheeks. I know there are no words that can console you right now. [COLOR=darkblue]I feel your pain. Cheeks and your husband are together forever and engulfing you with love.

shais_mom
12-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss.
Hugs to you.

zippy-kat
12-03-2003, 01:09 AM
{{:(We're here with open arms, open hearts, and plenty of tissues. Lean on us when you need to. :( }}

:(

delidog
12-03-2003, 03:09 AM
Laurie,
I am so sorry for your loss...

Godspeed Dear Cheeks...Safe trip to The Rainbow Bridge...
Scrubber and Ms.Puss will be there to Welcome you with open paws....

{{{{ Hugs}}}}} Dear Laurie...We know what is in your heart right now...

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-03-2003, 06:06 AM
Laurie.. I am so sorry!:(

Rest in Peace sweet Cheeks!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-03-2003, 08:31 AM
Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know that there are no words that console you or ease your pain. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

RIP Cheeks.

Sudilar
12-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Dear Laurie,
I can picture it now......Cheeks arriving at Rainbow Bridge....looking around....stopping in her tracks.....seeing your dear departed husband........OH THE HAPPINESS when their eyes meet!!! My eyes are filling up with tears right now. My deepest sympathy goes out to you. My heart goes out to you. Cheeks, run free and happy now, reunited with one you loved. Hugs to you, Laurie. I know how much your heart aches.

RobiLee
12-04-2003, 07:54 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Laurie. Please know that you are in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Rest in Peace, Cheeks

Robin

Smilla
12-04-2003, 08:30 AM
I'm sorry for your loss of Cheeks. I hope you can take comfort in the words of your fellow PTers.

lbaker
12-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Please understand - oh of course you do - I can't read the messages yet. I don't really have to in order to feel the care, warmth and understanding within. I can't break down at work and when I walked to the front door at home yesterday evening I did break down when only my three dogs were there to great me, not my four. (The other 3 were out back). Uh oh, better get off this thread now, I feel it coming again. Thank you and I'll give a better reply when I can.
Laurie

lbaker
12-05-2003, 05:33 PM
OK, hey.. I love all of you for being here. My Cheeks loved going camping at the beach, and swimming with me. She was a little waterbug as I am. She and Badger (her "husband) had two litters. The first gave us our Collar[flower] and the second was my little ThunderMutt. When I wake in the morning I blow my nose and she always wanted to grab my tissue, that was her "thing". It hurts now to just put a tissue on the table and not have her grab it. Isn't that silly? I have now read the messages from you and though it made me cry, it's a good cry. I may even watch BABE. I know that will make me cry too (the momma looks like my Cheeky One) but that's going to be a good cry too. My three others - Badger, Collar & Thunder) are being little velcro dogs. Who dare can say dogs don't know?? Amazing how some people just dont' "get it". I may be a bit late with my Christmas cards. It's hard do anything HAPPY right now, but that's selfish I know. I want to write a special thank you to everyone but right now I'm so very whipped to continue on this thread. Thank you.
Laurie

K9soul
12-05-2003, 06:16 PM
For goodness sake don't be hard on yourself and don't be apologetic. Just give yourself time, and don't worry about being "selfish." I'm glad to hear you are becoming more able to mourn openly for your loss, and look forward to the day that your memories bring smiles instead of tears. Give your "velcro" pups a kiss from me too. Good babies, looking after their dear mama. :)

lynnestankard
12-06-2003, 04:27 AM
Oh Laurie I'm so sorry dearly beloved Cheeks has gone to the RB. {{{Hugs}}} across the miles. I'm crying as I type - the thought that she's re-united with your hubby has really touched me - I think Gini put it so well.
Your know as we all know the crying helps - mourn that sweet girl and from the sound of it your remembering the sweet times - and then you'll cry again - oh hell. And that's just what it is - a form of hell. Your in my thoughts and prayers Laurie - chin up.
When I light my Monday night candle there's going to be an extra special mention for a dearly loved lady who's in grief - and for her dearly loved furlady now at the Bridge.
RIP dear Cheeks.

Lynne