PDA

View Full Version : disenchanted with local vet techs...

Sirrahsim
12-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Yeah, so I went everywhere looking for some sort of homeopathic mixture to help calm my sweet scaredy cat... I finally thought to stop by the vet and ask.. they sent me to the adoption center. I got to the adoption center to find two girls in scrubs who were quite possibly younger than me. When I asked for a calming aid they looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears and rolled their eyes at each other. About 30 seconds later they began to psychoanalyze Boomer (who wasn't there and they've never met) saying that he was probably just a feral stray and would take a while to warm up to anyone:mad: :mad: :mad: blah blah blah. I was silly enough to ask again if they had any type of homeopathic medicines and it became instantly clear to me that that word was NOT in their vocabularies. "Um, we can't, like, just give out prescription drugs. ya know? You have to get the vet to write you a subscription" (yes, she said Subscription.. are medicines now being passed out like magazines?:rolleyes: ;) ) I didn't bother to tell them that rescue remedy was made out of flower extracts and was not prescription.. I didn't want to tax their little blonde heads anymore than i already had (nothing against any blondes on here! Just these two at the shelter)
Anyway, needless to say I'm back where I started and am probably going to go eat dinner and then order some rescue remedy online. I probably should have done that in the first place, but oh well:D :D

P.S. i know my mom has, but has anyone else tried Rescue Remedy or other similar homeopathic blends?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-02-2003, 10:10 AM
I remember Sara (Edwina's Secretary) and tried something I believe she bought PetCo or PetSmart, but I'm not sure what it was. Hopefully she'll see this and let you know what it was, although you'd probably have to buy that online too since I don't know if they have these stores in Japan?

CatFancy33
12-02-2003, 10:41 AM
I had a vet a few years ago, who gave me a few recipes for home remedies...when I go home tonight (I am at work unfortunately) I will look through them to see if there is one that you might be looking for and will post it tomorrow.

Good luck!

:)

catmandu
12-02-2003, 11:35 AM
The trouble is that these young people are hired , and not given proper training at the Job. I had the same problem with a young girl at a Pet Food Store , who just wanted to listen to her music. And for the Old Fogey to go away.

zippy-kat
12-02-2003, 01:08 PM
Bunny Luv's Flower Remedies (for rabbits and cats) (http://www.bunnyluv.com/flowesforrab.html)

NoahsMommy
12-02-2003, 03:29 PM
I put it in my furkids water every night. :)

I buy mine at GNC, not sure if they have a website or not.

moosmom
12-02-2003, 05:03 PM
I've used Rescue Remedy and it's worked great. You can find it at GNC stores. Also, Feliday works good too, but it takes a couple of days to kick in.

Sirrahsim
12-02-2003, 05:59 PM
GNC!! That's wonderful! We actually have one of those on the base! I'll have to go look later today! Thank you for that site zippy-kat, If our GNC doesn't have it i may just have to get come of that:D
Oh Happy Day:D

CatFancy33
12-03-2003, 08:50 AM
You can read more about Rescue Remedy here and how to administer it :)

http://www.preciouspets.org/newsletters/articles/rescue-remedy.htm