PDA

View Full Version : *Pet Talk GIFT SWAP 2004*

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 10:19 PM
Despite the recent problems with the previous gift swap, I think there's enough interest to start another. That said..

Do NOT sign up unless you FULLY plan to send the items, no matter what person you recieve, and by the due DATE. No taking 5 months to send it whenever you please. There will be a set time to send it out by. If you have any problems with that, PLEASE don't sign up...

Also please be aware of the costs included in buying the gifts ($15-$20) and also mailing them, possibly to another country.

This will take place sometime in January-February 2004. We'll decide on the dates later. I'll also create a Questionaire to be sent out at a later time. This post is simply to see who is interested, don't worry about pm-ing me your info yet. :)

Shelteez2
12-01-2003, 10:20 PM
I am :)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-01-2003, 10:28 PM
I'm in! :D

Crikit
12-01-2003, 10:34 PM
sure why not. :D

tikeyas_mom
12-01-2003, 10:48 PM
i am interested!!! mwahahah I had alot of fun with the last one :D

RubyMutt
12-01-2003, 11:00 PM
I'm in :D

slick
12-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Sorry, I'll have to pass this one. I'll be paying off my Christmas debts.:eek: :eek:

tikeyas_mom
12-01-2003, 11:14 PM
i love buying presents!!! hee hee!!! ;)

K9karen
12-01-2003, 11:28 PM
I'm so mad I missed the last one :confused:
I don't care I'm not working, this is worth it! Count me IN IN IN!

slleipnir
12-01-2003, 11:32 PM
I'd love to, but I'm going to be poor after buying x-mas gifts :x

Nomilynn
12-01-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm interested but only if it's in late March (seriously). I need time to pay off Christmas :)

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Well I suppose we could wait a bit longer after Christmas...maybe February-March?

Maybe we could have the person's name sent to them by mid-feb and have the gift sent by the end of March?

Nomilynn
12-01-2003, 11:43 PM
That would work for me! :)

binka_nugget
12-02-2003, 12:50 AM
:D me too me too! The last one was really fun. Would it be possible to get someone with the same (or reasonably close) amount of pets that we have? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to buy for every single pet but I'd find it unfair to buy decent gifts for someone with 20 dogs (okay maybe exaggerating just a bit) when I only have 2. I just love to get good gifts for the pets (which aren't very cheap)...but I'd find it hard to do with more pets.

anna_66
12-02-2003, 07:31 AM
I'm in:D

Karen
12-02-2003, 07:49 AM
The usual rules have a spending limit, ($15) and the questionnaire helps with knowing what to get pets/people! It's not about money, really, it's about the fun we have picking out stuff for others, or even making stuff if you are so inclined!

Count me in, of course! :) :) I still have the little foam bunnies that decorated my last package here on my keyboard!

HayleyRosie
12-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Karen
It's not about money, really, it's about the fun we have picking out stuff for others, or even making stuff if you are so inclined!

That exactly right Karen! I really enjoyed picking out stuff for Naomi in my first swap and Logan in the second. I feel really bad that some people didn't receive packages from the last swap. I first said I was not going to participate in any more but I love buying things for others and I love seeing the pictures of them with the things I sent.

ramanth
12-02-2003, 08:10 AM
I'm in. :D

robinh
12-02-2003, 08:12 AM
I'm in - had a ball shopping last time.

Cookiebaker
12-02-2003, 08:17 AM
I'm in!! :)

Logan
12-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Poor Rosemary really had to do a lot of shopping for my gang the last time around and she did GREAT!!!!! But, I would like to say that when you have as many different kinds of pets as I do, and as many, I don't think it is fair for the person who draws my name to have to shop for everyone. My idea would be that if I am matched with a "cat" person (like Rosemary, who has two cats), then I would be find just receiving cat gifts. The same would go for a dog person or bird person.

Count me in, Amy, whenever you plan to do it. :)

Logan

Cataholic
12-02-2003, 09:47 AM
May I be a party pooper? I want to address the THREE people that didn't recieve gifts last time. This really steams me up. We are moving forward without addressing the non-recievers. I feel this is a slap in the face, really. (not to me, to them).:(

binka_nugget
12-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Karen
The usual rules have a spending limit, ($15) and the questionnaire helps with knowing what to get pets/people! It's not about money, really, it's about the fun we have picking out stuff for others, or even making stuff if you are so inclined!

I understand that but you must see it from my perspective. I'm a jobless teen who saves every little penny for these things. Even just one item per pet (for someone with a few pets) could cost alot around here. I don't know about over there but where I am, things aren't very cheap and I'm not the most creative person in the world. I try to stick to the limit but then the pets would only get crummy things and I'd just feel horrible. I could always just buy general pets things for the whole group rather than per pet like logan said I guess.

Foam
12-02-2003, 10:14 AM
*raises paw*
I'm all for gift swaps! Sooo much fun! =))

HayleyRosie
12-02-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Poor Rosemary really had to do a lot of shopping for my gang the last time around and she did GREAT!!!!! But, I would like to say that when you have as many different kinds of pets as I do, and as many, I don't think it is fair for the person who draws my name to have to shop for everyone. My idea would be that if I am matched with a "cat" person (like Rosemary, who has two cats), then I would be find just receiving cat gifts. The same would go for a dog person or bird person.

Count me in, Amy, whenever you plan to do it. :)

Logan

I loved shopping for your gang Logan. I just hope the fur and feather kids liked what I sent. I hope you liked what I sent for you as well.

Logan
12-02-2003, 10:38 AM
You know I did, Rosemary!!! :)

lovemyshiba
12-02-2003, 01:51 PM
I am definitely in!!
I recieved wonderful gifts from Julie last time!! They are still playing with them!!! (they did destroy 1 thing, I feel sorta bad--it was orange and blue)

I had so much fun shopping for Angus, Huney, and Roxy--and it was well worth it when I saw their pictures with the noisy toys I picked out for them:)

lovemyshiba
12-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
May I be a party pooper? I want to address the THREE people that didn't recieve gifts last time. This really steams me up. We are moving forward without addressing the non-recievers. I feel this is a slap in the face, really. (not to me, to them).:(

3 people didn't recieve??

Wow!!
Do we know for sure who the non-senders were?

Freckles
12-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
3 people didn't receive gifts?? Wow!!
Do we know for sure who the non-senders were?

And if the non-senders received gifts??

tomkatzid
12-02-2003, 02:27 PM
February or March?? We're in.;)

RockyRoad
12-02-2003, 02:54 PM
The last one was so much fun.. I'm in! :D

Dogz
12-02-2003, 04:02 PM
I would love to be in, but I will let you know in a little bit. They are so much fun! So, it can only be $20?:(

I think late February or sometime in March would be a good plan.:)

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2003, 04:28 PM
We missed the first two, but we're in for this one!!

popcornbird
12-02-2003, 04:33 PM

I agree. I think its awful that they didn't recieve any gifts while they sent their's. That is just awful, and I agree this can be hurtful to them. :(

And yes, we originally thought it was 2...........but from the last thread, I realized there was a 3rd person who got nothing as well. :( I hope there aren't any more! Personally, I wouldn't feel safe giving my address after knowing there are such people who would do such a thing. I wouldn't give my own address to anyone on the web anyway, but after what these few people did.......wow........that's enough to break trust in them for life. I think they should feel ashamed to continue to post here after this, without giving a valid explanation. Really really sad. Just how I feel.

wolf_Q
12-02-2003, 06:44 PM
May I be a party pooper? I want to address the THREE people that didn't recieve gifts last time. This really steams me up. We are moving forward without addressing the non-recievers. I feel this is a slap in the face, really. (not to me, to them).

I know about that, and there was a few threads that addressed that. I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. I think somebody should talk to those who arranged the last swap and find out.

I didn't realize (or mean it to be) a slap in the face? If there was something I could do about what happened in the previous ones, I would, but it's not under my control...it's only under the control of those who didn't send. I'm going to try my best for this one to make sure EVERYONE sends and receives gifts.

I'm aware of two of the people who didn't send but I'm not sure of the third. Maybe if you'd like to talk about this futher you can send me a pm. :)

I would love to be in, but I will let you know in a little bit. They are so much fun! So, it can only be $20?

It can be over if you'd like...I think the minimum should be $15 though, if that's ok with everyone.

I'm sure we can arrange for people to swap to those with similar kind and numbers of pets.

dukedogsmom
12-02-2003, 07:25 PM
I would be interested if it was the end of February or the beginning of March. The last one was great fun!

Uabassoon
12-02-2003, 10:51 PM
I want to join, I had so much fun shopping for Kimmy and her furkids last time :).

Kater
12-02-2003, 10:55 PM
I'm interested!
I just feel sorry for whoever gets me since my Nipo rarely plays with any toys....
She's impossible to shop for! :rolleyes:

Cataholic
12-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I know about that, and there was a few threads that addressed that. I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. I think somebody should talk to those who arranged the last swap and find out.

I didn't realize (or mean it to be) a slap in the face? If there was something I could do about what happened in the previous ones, I would, but it's not under my control...it's only under the control of those who didn't send. I'm going to try my best for this one to make sure EVERYONE sends and receives gifts.

I'm aware of two of the people who didn't send but I'm not sure of the third. Maybe if you'd like to talk about this futher you can send me a pm. :)

Wolf_Q...I sent you a pm....but, for everyone's edification, I didn't mean that I thought Wolf_Q was 'slapping' anyone in the face....just that the IDEA of us moving forward without addressing the problems with the things in the past was somewhat rude.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-03-2003, 12:59 PM
I would love to be included in the gift swap! And no worries about shipping. I have an APO address so it costs the same as if you are shipping in American and not like you are shipping to Germany!

petlover
12-03-2003, 01:08 PM
I would like to sign up. I missed the last one. Are you going to match the partners? I am interested.:)

Kfamr
12-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Wolf_Q...I sent you a pm....but, for everyone's edification, I didn't mean that I thought Wolf_Q was 'slapping' anyone in the face....just that the IDEA of us moving forward without addressing the problems with the things in the past was somewhat rude.

It is being addressed so we aren't just "moving on".

And, I was told that previous Gift Swaps before the last one, people hadn't got their gifts either.

wolf_Q
01-06-2004, 02:49 PM
If you participate, you do not have to send your gift until the end of February/beginning of March...

But I was wondering if anyone would like to get a head start and find out who they will be swapping with now? This gives everyone plenty of shopping time! Let me know!

petlover
01-06-2004, 02:54 PM
I would like to get a head start. I might need to make the gift, or have someone make it, or shop early. The shopping at this time of year is really great. So, I would be one of those that don't like to do things at the last minute.:)

RobiLee
01-06-2004, 03:18 PM
I think I am interested in this. I was wondering if I could get a little more detail. Do I buy for each pet and the person to? I've never done anything like this before so sorry if I sound like an idiot. I really enjoyed the christmas card exchange so I thought this might really be fun too.

Thanks...Robin :)

wolf_Q
01-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Everyone please check out the POLL! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41253)

Robilee, yes you buy gifts for each pet (or gifts that the pets can share) and also a small gift for the person. :)

petlover
01-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
I think I am interested in this. I was wondering if I could get a little more detail. Do I buy for each pet and the person to? I've never done anything like this before so sorry if I sound like an idiot. I really enjoyed the christmas card exchange so I thought this might really be fun too.

Thanks...Robin :)

I was wondering the same thing too. But, that is not possible to buy all of my animals gifts. I mean, I have 6 dogs, and 2 cats. I would feel sorry for whoever gets paired with me if they have to buy ALL of my pets gifts. ( I don't expect the lamb, or horses to get anything.":rolleyes: :)

petlover
01-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Everyone please check out the POLL! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41253)

Robilee, yes you buy gifts for each pet (or gifts that the pets can share) and also a small gift for the person. :)

Thanks for clearing that up.:)

Cheshirekatt
01-06-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm also in! :D

I missed that last one, but really want to participate this time.

wolf_Q
01-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by petlover
I was wondering the same thing too. But, that is not possible to buy all of my animals gifts. I mean, I have 6 dogs, and 2 cats. I would feel sorry for whoever gets paired with me if they have to buy ALL of my pets gifts. ( I don't expect the lamb, or horses to get anything.":rolleyes: :)

Yes they could just buy some toys and treats for dogs and the same for cats that all of your pets can share.

ramanth
01-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I want to join, I had so much fun shopping for Kimmy and her furkids last time :).
Aww! :o Thanks. :) I loved the gifts and the card. (Kia loves that kong on a rope...it's about the only toy she'll actually fetch!)

On the same token, I had a blast shopping to Tom, Katz, and their kids. :D

Can't wait to shop for the next person!

robinh
01-06-2004, 08:03 PM
I just found the thread - been trying to keep up at work since my home computer is having serious problems. Is it too late to get in on the swap?

Kfamr
01-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Robinh- It's not too late. Amy just posted the questionnaire here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41253&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

It's the third post on that page.

RubyMutt
01-06-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm in!!

I'll go fill out the questionnaire now :D The last gift swap was so much fun!

luckies4me
01-07-2004, 10:51 AM
I want in! Is it too late? I sure hope not. I had a blast last time! :D Let me know if I can still sign up. :)

ramanth
01-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I want in! Is it too late? I sure hope not. I had a blast last time! :D Let me know if I can still sign up. :)
Of course! Just fill out the Questionaire in the other thread and send it off to Amy. :)

Amber
01-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Im in! :D

luckies4me
01-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Amy, I would like to have someone that has a lot of pets, since I do too, and I wouldn't find it fair if I had someone with only two pets, when I have so many. Money is not an issue, so it's fine if I get someone with a lot of pets. With my pets not all can share because each is so different from the other. I mean the rats can share everything lol, but the others have very specific needs etc. :p Like my gecko wouldn't enjoy a box of yogies lol. Understand? So.......I think it is only fair to give me someone who wants a lot of stuff. :p And to give me someone who won't mind all the pets I have! :eek: ;)

So yes, if there is someone with a lot of pets or cats or dogs or whatever, I wouldn't mind buying for them.

luckies4me
01-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Oh and I would like to know who I am swapping with ASAP, if you can find out, as I need to go to Petsmart tomorrow. hahahahaha! :D