PDA

View Full Version : Pack of Pits maul woman to death.

2kitties
12-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Denver Pit Bull Attack (http://www.9news.com/storyfull.aspx?storyid=21478)

Not sure why this has happened. The dogs, according to this and other stories, have a past of attacking. They attacked a jogger (my worst fear while running) earlier. The dogs are known to be vicious and are owned by an idiot who should be jailed. I'm not blaming the breed, but these dogs have clearly been raised violently by a violent individual.

CathyBogart
12-01-2003, 09:20 PM
I didn't even read it, things like this make me too sad. :(

babolaypo65
12-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Very sad. Very unnecessary.:( :mad:

andrea_NMAggie
12-01-2003, 10:10 PM
I read this article earlier today, and was very saddened that this happened. I pray for the poor gal who died from such a violent attack, and also pray for the poor dogs that must have had a very sad life.

Tonya
12-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Authorities say the dog owners had been contacted but there had been no decision on charges.

They need a quick and harsh punishment!

2kitties
12-02-2003, 08:25 AM
The dogs later attacked another man about 500 yards from Brooke's barn. Clifford Baker jumped into his truck and yelled for help. His son Cody came out and shot the dogs, whose bodies will be checked for rabies.

Taken from CNN article.

Soledad
12-02-2003, 10:37 AM
These dogs were clearly out of control!!:( :eek:

lovemyshiba
12-02-2003, 01:54 PM
I saw that on the news this morning!

I hope the "owner" gets in some sort of trouble for having out of control, vicious attack dogs loose.

My prayers go out to her family, and to the other man who was attacked. I love dogs, but his son did the right thing to save his father.

Prairie Purrs
12-02-2003, 02:33 PM
The owner had been ticketed for having too many dogs when she lived in a Denver suburb (she kept six pit bulls there, I believe). She claims to be a breeder, but she isn't licensed. So she moved out to a rural county.

This county, unbelievably, doesn't regulate vicious dogs! :mad: They didn't bring charges against her connected to the earlier attack on the jogger because they didn't have an ordinance that applied.

These dogs actually attacked three people that day. They killed the woman, attacked a friend of the woman who was trying to rescue her, then attacked the neighbor.

I hope they find something to charge her with that involves serious jail time and that she loses every cent she's got in civil suits.

2kitties
12-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Like I said, this is my biggest fear. I run and on weekends, my runs are sometiems as long as 15-20 miles. So we cover some pretty rural areas. I carry mace, but I doubt that will help me if the dog wants me bad enough.

tikeyas_mom
12-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan
I didn't even read it, things like this make me too sad. :( I am with you on that one...

I dont want to look at the link.. so ashamed for thoughs dogs owner. :(:(... poor dogs... :( poor lady :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-03-2003, 01:01 PM
In Bahrain there is a "dangerous breeds" list and certain breeds are not even allowed onto the island. One of the advantages of living on a TINY Island, I suppose.

Something similar happened in South Africa recently - a man was killed by his OWN dogs - they mauled him after a car he was working on in his yard slipped off the jack, and pinned him down. He screamed for help and the dogs just lost it" and attacked him :(

petlover
12-04-2003, 09:57 AM
That is so sad. :( I mean not only for the girl who died, but the poor dogs. They could have been wonderful dogs. But...

Unfortunately, the owner figured that they would be better biting, fighting, killing people and other dogs, than cuddling close to you and getting to know what love is like. Now, they will never know.:(

Prairie Purrs
12-04-2003, 01:09 PM
The owner's lawyer was saying on the local news last night that these dogs were not the same dogs that attacked the jogger last spring (those dogs are supposedly dead). She claims to have had no clue that these three dogs would hurt anybody. Allegedly her young children played with them and would ride them around her yard.

Now, I don't know much about dogs, but how likely is it that three well-behaved, gentle dogs are going to go on a sudden, unprovoked killing spree? I'm not buying it.

Kfamr
12-04-2003, 01:20 PM
I didn't click on the story and read it, because it'd probably piss me off to no end. I'm sick of careless dog owners, I'm sick of people not raising Pit Bulls, and other bad rep breeds correctly.

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
In Bahrain there is a "dangerous breeds" list and certain breeds are not even allowed onto the island. One of the advantages of living on a TINY Island, I suppose.

To me, that'd be a disadvantage because then living there i'd never be able to experience the love from a Pit Bull, rottie, or all of the other breeds (uneducated)people consider dangerous. And, the ones that (uneducated)people make dangerous.

Dogz
12-04-2003, 04:45 PM
I didn't read the story, I hate stupid pet owners.

pitc9
12-05-2003, 10:24 AM
How sad for everyone involved and those poor dogs that could have been great pets!!

(everyone but the owner of the dogs!)

2kitties
12-05-2003, 10:50 AM
I'd like to hear from some parents on this. I've no children and I think it's terrible to be breedist. But I can't say how I'd feel if I had a small child. Would I feel compeltely comfortable living close to a dog considered one of the "more agressive breeds?" Would i really trust my children are safe no matter how gently the dogs were raised?

I can't say I'm sure.

Cheshirekatt
12-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Honestly I think this owner should be charged with manslaughter. Having vicious dogs like that and letting them maul someone is the same as keeping a loaded gun around for anyone to shoot someone with.

Yes, of course it's better that the dogs were shot and killed. Obviously they were extremely dangerous and it's probably better for them on the other side of the RB.

I wonder if they were intact male dogs. They seem to have the highest incidence of attacking.

As for having neighbors with pittys.....

Every pitty in my particular neighborhood is a great dog. However; it's the nasty little westie down the street that worries me. They've obviously never trained the dog or spend any time with it and it's just a mean little bugger.