PDA

View Full Version : When do they stop growing?

catland
12-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Joxer is 3 years old and I thought he was all grown. But lately he seems to be getting just a little bit bigger. I've noticed this because he and Sid were about the same size (well, actually, Sid is a little chubby, I'm refering more to height and length), but lately he seems just a bit bigger than Sid. (Sid is 7 years old, so I'm sure he's done growing;) .)

One of Sid's nickname's is "Big Sid" - but if Joxer gets any bigger I'm going to have to get Sid a new name.

CatDad
12-01-2003, 10:19 PM
From what I have gathered some cat breeds will continue to grow and mature up until 3 or 4. The one that I have read the most about is Maine coons, and that is supposed to be the case with them. They are not supposed to grow alot, but I guess that a little is not abnormal.

I know that I saw this on one or two other breeds, but I cannot remeber which ones. Maybe someone else will know.

So if Joxer a purebreed or a mix of one of those breeds, then I guess you may not be imagining things.

Are you sure that he is not slowing down ang gaining weight.:eek: Just Kidding.:)

catmandu
12-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Although most Cats hit thier growth spurt at 18 months , it all depends on the Cat.When I took in strays, they were smallish , but that was because they had not has a steady diet.so they gew quite a bit , the first year.