PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Gift Swap :(

Cataholic
12-01-2003, 02:27 PM
It has just been brought to my attention (well, not mine, but, I saw the thread on it) that two of our members did not receive their gift swaps on the second to last exchange. (It might have been the last exchange....but, I think you get the point).

Now, this post was entirely my idea...and the two people that didn't get anything are the type of people that wouldn't want to be in the thick of things. Me? I don't really care.

But, I am incensed with the lack of thought some people exhibit. To think that YOU signed up for an exchange, and recieved YOUR presents, but, would not uphold your end of the deal, quite frankly, says EVERYTHING about you as a person. I cannot believe you would continue posting on this board, not acknowledging what you did.

The beauty of it, I suppose, is that no one seems to remember just WHO you are. But, like all things in life, it will come back to you tenfold.

Enjoy!

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 02:53 PM
One of the people who haven't sent their gift is no longer a part of this board.

primabella
12-01-2003, 02:56 PM
It could have gotten lost in the mail. Probably a long shot though :o

lovemyshiba
12-01-2003, 03:10 PM
The last gift swap I participated in, which was in late July, early August, I received some wonderful toys from Julie (can't spell the user name--golden retriever lover, lol), and I know my gifts were recieved by some beautiful pups in Ohio;)

It's a shame that someone didn't take it seriously, I would be hurt if I was left out.:(

jenluckenbach
12-01-2003, 03:10 PM
But at least one IS still here. She posted recently.

Tonya
12-01-2003, 03:11 PM
That is crappy, but I believe what goes around comes around!

Cataholic
12-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
One of the people who haven't sent their gift is no longer a part of this board.

Oh. I didn't know that. But, it is interesting. I don't think he/she quit b/c of not sending the gift, though, right? It still peeves me. Why not contact the person and say, "look, things are really bad for me right now, and I am sorry...but..."?

Cataholic
12-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
It's a shame that someone didn't take it seriously, I would be hurt if I was left out.:(

And, that is what peeves me. Now, two people **might** feel hurt, or not apart of us, and that is not only soooo wrong, but, soooo untrue. :(

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
But at least one IS still here. She posted recently.

Yep... I think I know who too.

Brandi says she has all the gifts, but hasn't sent them. I don't know why.

(ps. your sig is over size limit)

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Oh. I didn't know that. But, it is interesting. I don't think he/she quit b/c of not sending the gift, though, right? It still peeves me. Why not contact the person and say, "look, things are really bad for me right now, and I am sorry...but..."?

She said something like that, but that was months ago. Really, I don't know her excuse now.

Cataholic
12-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Yep... I think I know who too.

Brandi says she has all the gifts, but hasn't sent them. I don't know why.

Are you saying it is Brandi? Do I know Brandi?

Samantha Puppy
12-01-2003, 03:16 PM
As someone said in Cat General, I'm surprised it took this long for something like that to happen. That said, I do think it's pretty sad that someone signs up for something like this and then doesn't follow through - pretty telling.

Soledad
12-01-2003, 03:16 PM
Who are they?

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Are you saying it is Brandi? Do I know Brandi?

Brandi was one of them, yes. Her name was I <3 brian or something along those lines.

Cataholic
12-01-2003, 03:19 PM
OHHHH....now I know who you mean....

lovemyshiba
12-01-2003, 03:19 PM
She's still around--she posted recently about her dog (a rottie, possibly) going to the rainbow bridge.
She has a different name now.

Who is the other one??

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 03:22 PM
She's still around--she posted recently about her dog (a rottie, possibly) going to the rainbow bridge.
She has a different name now.

Who is the other one??

No, I believe she was banned.

popcornbird
12-01-2003, 03:26 PM
I think its truely sad that someone would make a committment like this and not do their part. Really sad indeed. :(

I honestly believe the people who did NOT send their gifts should send the people waiting a sincere apology. That's the LEAST they could do after neglecting to do their own part. :(

lovemyshiba
12-01-2003, 03:31 PM
No, I believe she was banned.

Really, I could have sworn that I read something from her recently--I guess it was a similar name that I didn't recognize:confused:

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Really, I could have sworn that I read something from her recently--I guess it was a similar name that I didn't recognize:confused:

Yes, and that name was banned, or so I think.

lovemyshiba
12-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Oh, ok. Now me understands.
Rude.

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Oh, ok. Now me understands.
Rude.

Huh??:confused:

lovemyshiba
12-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Huh??:confused:

I understand that she signed up under a new username, and got banned, and that she was rude for not sending a gift.

:) :)

Sorry to confuse you.

popcornbird
12-01-2003, 04:23 PM

I know I read something from her with a new name too. I didn't realize that name was banned. :confused:

Dogz
12-01-2003, 05:10 PM
I am one of the people that did not recieve their gift. I am sure I can try next time though. I am not scared to or anything. I sent my gift to ChloeLove, but I haven't seen her around lately.

Brandi send me a PM under a different forum about 2 months ago telling me about Rosie. I told her that I could wait, but now she is not talking anymore. I recently sent her a PM, but got no response.

Anyway, I am not going to mope about it, hopefully she will actually send me the gifts, and if she doesn't, hopefully I get someone responsible next time.:)

lovemyshiba
12-01-2003, 05:29 PM
Sorry, it was bugging me--the new name was Rebel Guitarist, and she only had 4 posts.

Anyway, Emma, I hope you receive something.

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 06:48 PM
I completely agree with this post! It's really upsetting that somebody would sign up and not send the gift. Honestly, if you aren't going to send something at a reasonable date (or at all! :mad: ) don't sign up!!

I participated in the first swap and my gift swapper took forever to send my gift...but, ehem, she's my friend so a just annoyed her with reminders every once in a while. ;)

I would like to participate in the next gift swap...hmmmmm maybe *I'll* organize it...I guarantee I'll keep track of who is sending to who and get on their case if they don't send it. There WILL be a deadline to send the gift.

dukedogsmom
12-01-2003, 07:19 PM
I know what you mean, too. It's a shame that people do other people that way. We had a similar situation at our church where some of us women were secret pals. I would put a lot of thought into the gifts and a couple of times, I got none or very quick gifts. So, I know how the other person feels.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-01-2003, 07:23 PM
I know who hasn't sent out their gift yet, and I'll ask her about it. I have sent and recieved mine.

I think if you can't send your gift out at the due date, then don't participate. I can't wait for the next gift swap! :)

Cookiebaker
12-01-2003, 07:23 PM
There was another thread here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37569&highlight=Gift+Swap)

I was shocked and appalled when I heard about this the first time. It is very disappointing that people would let others down like this. It's just not right. I have participated 2 so far, and this makes me just a wee bit hesitant to jump for a 3rd, even though it is so much fun, and helps us to get to know someone better.

:mad:

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

I think if you can't send your gift out at the due date, then don't participate. I can't wait for the next gift swap! :)

When is the next gift swap planned? I'd like to arrange it, or help arrange it, if possible... Well, that is, if anyone will let me. It would have RULES. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
12-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
When is the next gift swap planned? I'd like to arrange it, or help arrange it, if possible... Well, that is, if anyone will let me. It would have RULES. :p

I don't think there is one planned as of now. :p I'm just saying I would love to participate in the next one!

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Ahh ok...maybe sometime early next year after Christmas..

I'm really being a prude, I'm checking off names of those I receive Christmas cards from. :o

micki76
12-01-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm really being a prude, I'm checking off names of those I receive Christmas cards from. :o

I need to quit chatting with you, you're rubbing off on me! LOL
I'm doing the same thing! :o :D

*edited for spelling :o

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I need to quit chatting with you, you're rubbing off on me! LOL
I'm doing the same thing! :o :D

LOL!

Karen
12-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Last year, we organized one in December to actually not take place until January - after the holiday rush and madness, as folks have enough to worry about at this time of year.

If you'd like to get that started, go ahead, but as I said, let us keep it away from the Christmas/New Years madness, and have it actually take place in 2004!

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Last year, we organized one in December to actually not take place until January - after the holiday rush and madness, as folks have enough to worry about at this time of year.

If you'd like to get that started, go ahead, but as I said, let us keep it away from the Christmas/New Years madness, and have it actually take place in 2004!

Ok. :) I think that's a good idea...I believe that's around the time of the one I participated in and it worked out nicely. It's fun to still get gifts after Christmas is over! :D

Shelteez2
12-01-2003, 10:05 PM
I've heard you guys talk about this, but what is it and how does it work? How do you decide who sends what to whom? If you don't know the person how do you know what to get them?
Just curious :)

Karen
12-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Please, if someone decides to do a new Swap, move it to a new thread!

wolf_Q
12-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
I've heard you guys talk about this, but what is it and how does it work? How do you decide who sends what to whom? If you don't know the person how do you know what to get them?
Just curious :)

I think usually the person who arranges it creates a questionaire that asks the person's name and address as well as their pets info...like what kind they are, what type of toys/treats they like, etc. In the one I participated in we bought most of the stuff for the pets and one gift for the person. Everyone sends their questionaires to the arranging person and they match up names and send the info of the swapper to them. You don't buy from the same person you're receiving from. Did that even make sense? :o

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 10:10 PM
*edit* Amy's too quick. :p

Shelteez2
12-01-2003, 10:14 PM
I think usually the person who arranges it creates a questionaire that asks the person's name and address as well as their pets info...like what kind they are, what type of toys/treats they like, etc. In the one I participated in we bought most of the stuff for the pets and one gift for the person. Everyone sends their questionaires to the arranging person and they match up names and send the info of the swapper to them. You don't buy from the same person you're receiving from. Did that even make sense? :o

Yep that made perfect sense, thanks.
Sounds like fun!

shais_mom
12-02-2003, 12:20 AM
HE HE I was going to start a thread like this Jo but I didn't great minds think alike.
I just wish that the people that haven't sent their gifts yet hadn't received theirs b/c then they would know how it feels.:mad: :mad: :mad:

HayleyRosie
12-02-2003, 05:58 AM
I think there are two swaps involved here.

Tina and I were organizing the one that took place in July/August and there was a deadline on when you had to send your package. From what I understand there were two people from that swap that didn't receive a gift. I was very sorry to hear this. I jumped quickly and said I would not participate in any future swaps because I felt so bad that people didn't receive a package and I was one of the people organizing it. But because I really enjoyed buying the gifts for the package and I really loved seeing pictures of the furkids with the things I sent I am rethinking this.

12-02-2003, 06:30 AM
And, that is what peeves me. Now, two people **might** feel hurt, or not apart of us, and that is not only soooo wrong, but, soooo untrue. :(

I agree completely! I not participating anymore untill I get a decent explanation from my "person"!! After all, she got my gift, so if I knew why I didn't get anything, I wouldn'mind; but not saying anything, that is childish!!:(

Foam
12-02-2003, 12:12 PM
*cough*
Brandi was talking to me a while back. She seemed pretty..um...careless about her dog. Rosie, was her name? I can't remember. :confused:
Anyways, she just IMd me online and said 'What person would name their kid Cayter?' and blah blah blah. So yeah, knowing me, I fought back, and she went into this whole thing about not caring about getting banned from PT.
So yes, she was banned.
She kept going on, trying to pick a cat fight...
I did what anybody else would hopefully do.
I call it *clickblock* :p

She really didn't belong. :mad:
But back to the more subject...
I think a gift swap in february, or later would be awesome! I will have money from my birthday and from Christmas to plenty spoil whoever I get to send to. :)

Kfamr
12-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Hmm... OK?:confused:

lovemyshiba
12-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Ahh ok...maybe sometime early next year after Christmas..

You're not the only one!!!;)

Dogz
12-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Hmm... OK?:confused:

*thinks the same thing*
What message board were you talking to her on, Foam?:)

bluekat
12-02-2003, 04:18 PM
That's a real shame that some didn't receive their gift:(

I would really love to participate in the next gift swap, it sounds like so much fun!:D But first I'd have to ask my parents first for permission to give out my address:(

dukedogsmom
12-02-2003, 07:48 PM
How about some of us buying one item for the person that didn't receive their gift and mailing to them?

Kfamr
12-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
How about some of us buying one item for the person that didn't receive their gift and mailing to them?

I was thinking of doing that for Dogz, since I highly doubt Brandi will send it. I can't buy things for all of her animals, but I was going to send a few for the dogs.

As for the others, I'm sure their package will still be sent, i just don't think Dogz will ever get one. :(

As for Lut, she PM'ed me and send her sender has sent it, but it was lost in the mail.

I'm not sure who the other one is who didn't recieve a gift.

Cincy'sMom
12-02-2003, 08:04 PM
I was thinking of doing that for Dogz, since I highly doubt Brandi will send it. I can't buy things for all of her animals, but I was going to send a few for the dogs.

As for the others, I'm sure their package will still be sent, i just don't think Dogz will ever get one. :(

As for Lut, she PM'ed me and send her sender has sent it, but it was lost in the mail.

I'm not sure who the other one is who didn't recieve a gift.

I was thinking the same thing about Dogz, and have PM'd Amber (CamCam).

Theother person who has not receivedis whoever CamCam has, but I think they have worked that out between themselves.

Kfamr
12-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I was thinking the same thing about Dogz, and have PM'd Amber (CamCam).

Theother person who has not receivedis whoever CamCam has, but I think they have worked that out between themselves.

I think Amber said she was going to send hers still though? :confused:

CamCamPup33
12-02-2003, 08:19 PM
I think Amber said she was going to send hers still though? :confused:

Yep.

popcornbird
12-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Well if Camcam didn't send her's *yet*, then there are 4 people who haven't sent it yet.........not 3. Lut didn't get her's, Dogz didn't, and Camcam's buddy didn't *yet*. There's a 4th as well........who I cannot recall at this time. Wow.........4? Sad. :(

Although I don't agree with the delay, I'm glad Bambi will be sending her's out when she gets a chance, and I'm glad to hear they worked it out! As for the others.......I really hope they can work something out too. :(

Kfamr
12-02-2003, 09:16 PM
I think there's only 2 that actually didn't send it.

1 that did, but it got lost in the mail.

2 that haven't sent at all (Amber & Brandi)

wolf_Q
12-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

Although I don't agree with the delay, I'm glad Bambi will be sending her's out when she gets a chance, and I'm glad to hear they worked it out! As for the others.......I really hope they can work something out too. :(

Who is Bambi? :p If you're referring to Brandi, I doubt she'll ever send it...

I'd also be willing to send a gift to Dogz...maybe a few people can send her a couple of things to make it equal for what she didn't get.

I think it'd be great if some could send to Lut and the others that didn't receive gifts too.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Who is Bambi? :p If you're referring to Brandi, I doubt she'll ever send it...

LOL, she means Amber. :p

popcornbird
12-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Who is Bambi? :p

Camcampup.......aka Bambampup.........aka Bambi. :D :p

That's my nickname for her! :D

wolf_Q
12-02-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
LOL, she means Amber. :p

A nickname I hadn't heard! ;) I thought she was Mary Kate and Ashley? lol

GoldenRetrLuver
12-02-2003, 09:45 PM
A nickname I hadn't heard! ;) I thought she was Mary Kate and Ashley? lol

That too! Hehe. :D

wolf_Q
12-02-2003, 09:48 PM
Guess I've got to start keeping better track of all the current PT nicknames! ;)

Anyway, I'm very glad you are going to send the gift now Amber. I'm sure the person you are sending to will appreciate it.

Now I just hope the rest of those who didn't send will do the same...

shais_mom
12-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Don't forget CatManDu hasn't gotten his either.

popcornbird
12-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Don't forget CatManDu hasn't gotten his either.

Yeah, that's why I said 4 haven't. Lut, Catmandu, Dogz, and FLS (who will hopefully get her's soon from Bambi *you should know who I mean now:p)

shais_mom
12-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Oops sorry!
I was getting confoosled reading these posts. I couldn't tell up from down!

wolf_Q
12-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Does anyone know who was supposed to send to Catmandu?

12-03-2003, 03:18 AM
Its okay about my gift! My "person" says she did really post it, and I believe her! The darn thing must have gone lost in the mail then :( !!
No hard feelings here!:)

Kfamr
12-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Brandi just IM'ed me saying:

bklstaind: Ok good i bought some cat toys today and some more <<<<, my mom is bringing a box home from petsmart today, where she works, tomorrow is our 'running around' day, will be sent out tomorrow, honestly this time, not that i expect you to believe me. but i've got stuff for her dogs, cat and bird. so please inform her? i mean if u want proof i can scan it all :-) :-X

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 09:33 AM
LOL! To schlep im mik, to Julie im gumby, to pcb im Bam bam, bambampup, Bambi.. :D

And yes if anyone is wondering I told Fls why i didnt send it yet.. Alot of problems to say it that way..

:)

Cataholic
12-04-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
LOL! To schlep im mik, to Julie im gumby, to pcb im Bam bam, bambampup, Bambi.. :D

Maybe we need a nickname thread?????:D

CamCamPup33
12-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Maybe we need a nickname thread?????:D

:D :D Im on it Captian! :p

Kfamr
12-04-2003, 02:18 PM
There is a nickname thread.