PDA

View Full Version : Woman sueing Chick-Fil-A

Kfamr
11-30-2003, 09:57 PM
I really don't know many details or anything about it, but my mother was telling me that some lady was sueing them because she ran into a pole at Chick-Fil-A(where my mom works).

She had to get stitches in her forhead.

She was looking down and writing something down when it happened.

I'm going to search and see if I can fidn anything about it, but I doubt it.

This lady is so stupid. :rolleyes: For one, she should have been watching where she walked. People will sue for everything nowadays. :rolleyes:

wolf_Q
11-30-2003, 10:01 PM
I ran into a poll at an amusement park, think I should sue? :p That's so stupid....unless the pole was in a ridiculous place that it shouldn't be...it's the lady's own fault for not watching where she's walking!

Crikit
11-30-2003, 10:14 PM
That's just stupid, I ran in to a door at work one day I didn't sue...not that I could Canada doesn't allow law suits like that, which at times could be good i guess.

micki76
11-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Hmmm... they don't usually just put poles in willy nilly, so I'm sure the pole had to be there for the integrity of the building. People are so stupid.

Is she the sister of the woman that got trampled at Walmart?

Tonya
11-30-2003, 10:45 PM
When people hit our telephone poles, we sue them. lol. We make them pay for the costs of manpower, equipment, etc... to replace it. We get like 4-5 car/pole accidents a week.

(I work for the phone company)

G.P.girl
11-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Hmmm...

Is she the sister of the woman that got trampled at Walmart?

*SNORT*
if she is dumb enough to walk in to a pole then thats her problem
shoot..if i sue everytime i walked in to something i'd be a multi-millionaire by now:rolleyes:

Twisterdog
11-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
*SNORT*
if she is dumb enough to walk in to a pole then thats her problem
shoot..if i sue everytime i walked in to something i'd be a multi-millionaire by now:rolleyes:

LOL ... me too!

smokey the elder
12-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Stupid people, insisting on tying up the court system with their stupid lawsuits. Grr.

Kiia
12-01-2003, 08:19 AM
It's crazy what people will try to sue over. Then they wonder why the manufacturing companies, restaurants, etc. have to put "stupid" warning labels on their products. :rolleyes: They are just being careful because they know consumers will do anything to try to squeeze a few bucks out of them.

babolaypo65
12-01-2003, 08:28 AM
I guess I'll take a wait and see attitude as always. See what the situation was, where the pole was... before deciding the woman is stupid. She may be, but I'd like to hear the scenario.

micki76
12-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
I guess I'll take a wait and see attitude as always. See what the situation was, where the pole was... before deciding the woman is stupid. She may be, but I'd like to hear the scenario.

Sorry, it really doesn’t matter where the pole was. If you run into a pole, it’s your fault. That’s not the reason I think she’s stupid. Lord knows I run into and trip over, everything. It’s the lawsuit that’s so stupid. And her greed.

babolaypo65
12-01-2003, 08:42 AM
Again, I'll wait and see. I ran into a fence this morning. Am I stupid? No. Did it matter where the fence was? yes. It was sticking out at eye level horizontally. Was I paying attention? No not really. Was I really lucky that the chain link didn't scratch or harm my eye? yes. If it had, I may have sued. A fence piece shouldnt be sticking out at eye level.

Just waiting to see, that's all....

micki76
12-01-2003, 08:58 AM
That’s a bit different. I that fence piece didn’t need to be there to keep the ceiling from falling.

A chin link fence shouldn’t be sticking out at eye level, that’s negligence and a hazard to anyone, but poles are usually put in a pathway. They’re put there as support for a structure instead of a solid wall. I’ve run into them before, but that was my fault. Not the people who owned the building or the people who built the building or the guy who painted it.

Hope you’re ok. :)

babolaypo65
12-01-2003, 09:01 AM
I'm okay. I will be calling in a complaint to the university. It was a fence near a construction site. Someone had moved a piece of it, probably to get it out of their way, and it was jutting out over the sidewalk area.

Again, all I'm saying is we got two or three sentences from Kayann saying a woman hit a pole. We know nothing else at this point. How do we know it's different? I can picture a number of scenarios where a pole could be in a place that is dangerous in a restauarant.

We'll likely never know for sure, so it's probably moot.

or, as joey says on Friends: Moo. it's a cows opinion, it's moo.:D

micki76
12-01-2003, 09:23 AM

LMAO! :D

Cataholic
12-01-2003, 09:40 AM
I am just waiting for someone to bring up the McDonald's suit, and I can jump all over someone again....

Really, until you know the facts, you cannot determine if there was negligence. Did you know an 'innkeeper' owes a heightened level of care to those guests on its property? Did you know that? And, that is often because of the 'innkeeper's' better position to assume the liability. The law says, "if you are an innkeeper, and you are opening your doors to the general public, we presume that your space is safe."
Our system may not be perfect, but, it generally works. Slip and falls (a generic term, possibly one used to describe the Chick-filet [sic] incident) are an uphill battle. So, presumably, one 'suing' would have a decent case of negligence on their side, not to mention decent injuries. (i.e., one wouldn't like to sue over a scratch on the arm).

popcornbird
12-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I am just waiting for someone to bring up the McDonald's suit, and I can jump all over someone again....

Really, until you know the facts, you cannot determine if there was negligence. Did you know an 'innkeeper' owes a heightened level of care to those guests on its property? Did you know that? And, that is often because of the 'innkeeper's' better position to assume the liability. The law says, "if you are an innkeeper, and you are opening your doors to the general public, we presume that your space is safe."
Our system may not be perfect, but, it generally works. Slip and falls (a generic term, possibly one used to describe the Chick-filet [sic] incident) are an uphill battle. So, presumably, one 'suing' would have a decent case of negligence on their side, not to mention decent injuries. (i.e., one wouldn't like to sue over a scratch on the arm).

From that post.........I can totally see the *lawyer* in you! He he he :D

aly
12-01-2003, 01:08 PM
Barbara - You should be a lawyer :)

I'm in an employment law class right now which I find highly interesting. We talk a lot about suits like this.

It is not in the best interest of a company to go to court for any reason, even if the company is not in the wrong. If the company won the court case, it would still cost a lot of time, effort, and money. It is always cheaper to just settle out of court. So I guess people sue for whatever they can knowing that the company will probably settle.

The reasons people sue are absolutely ridiculous and disgust me.

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 01:33 PM
As far as I know, from being at chick-fil-a and from my mother telling me, the pole wasn't in an awkward area.

Kfamr
12-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
From that post.........I can totally see the *lawyer* in you! He he he :D

It's been clearly easy to see from the start. :p

2kitties
12-01-2003, 01:51 PM
She'd better watch it! I love my Chick-fil-a and will lead a gang to her door if anything bad happens to my chicken sandwich, waffle fries and large sweet tea!;)

lovemyshiba
12-01-2003, 03:16 PM

Lol, that may be one of Joey's best lines!!!!!

Tonya
12-01-2003, 03:27 PM
I must have misread the article. She walked into the pole?! I thought she drove into it. That makes it even lamer!

G.P.girl
12-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
She'd better watch it! I love my Chick-fil-a and will lead a gang to her door if anything bad happens to my chicken sandwich, waffle fries and large sweet tea!;)
lol! i could just see you doing that!:p

babolaypo65
12-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Lol, that may be one of Joey's best lines!!!!!

It's definitely one of them!:D

CathyBogart
12-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Wow, I've got a lawsuit brewing here! MUAHAHAHA! I was running around with my dogs at an elementary school near my old house and RAN full-tilt into a tetherball pole! I had a huge lump on my temple, and I -almost- lost consciousness!

I'll be RICH! *chuckles*

People are so stupid.

RICHARD
12-02-2003, 05:20 PM
that would have never happened to a stripper....

;)

babolaypo65
12-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

;)

It's true!!! :D

2kitties
12-02-2003, 05:44 PM

;)

baaaahhhhaaaaa

Kfamr
12-02-2003, 07:58 PM

;)

OH, I just KNEW you were going to come in here saying that too.

Ally Cat's Mommy
12-03-2003, 01:07 PM

That is my favourite epsiode. I was ROFL, and my family were looking at me like I was nuts - they didn't get it!

dukedogsmom
12-03-2003, 07:26 PM
LMAO Richard!
Just a short comment.........What a stupid broad! She probably gets lost on the way to her house. Should she sue the maker of her car? This suing business has gotten way out of hand.

Nomilynn
12-03-2003, 08:43 PM
actually, it goes more like..

"The point is moo. It's like a cow's opinion.. it just doesn't matter.... it's Moo."

then Rachel says, "Have I been living with him too long or did that just make sense?"

Not an exact quote, but close :) I think it's even more funny when it's all there :D

jonza
12-04-2003, 09:21 AM
People who tie up the court system with their stupid lawsuits should be sued! :D :D

iceyshiver21
12-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Did the pole jump in front of her or what?! Whatch out...jumping trees and poles are taking over the nation....Lets sue!