PDA

View Full Version : Woman trampled in Wal-Mart

lovemyshiba
11-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Did you see this story??

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=718&e=10&u=/ap/20031130/ap_on_re_us/trampled_shopper

And Wal-Mart offered to hold a DVD player for her, how nice.

micki76
11-30-2003, 07:56 PM
People are so incredibly stupid.

As someone who worked in retail for years, I can tell you that some people will do ANYTHING to get a bargain.

I never venture out on this weekend. I don't wanna get beat up, or beat someone up (someone WOULD inevitably piss me off too much). :p

I hope she's ok.

carole
11-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Yes people will cue for hours to get something cheap, me I cannot be bothered, and I hate crowds anyhow, I remember when teletubbies first came out, they cued for hours to get them, silly really, they soon become ole hat, even playstation 2 people cued, they retailed at 1200 dollars ,now you can pick them up brand new for 349, crazy huh.

Tonya
11-30-2003, 08:14 PM
I am sorry, but I can't help but laugh. It is so true, too! People are psycho! She's gonna get alot more though Walmart then a dvd player!

lovemyshiba
11-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Tonya,
I giggled too when I first read it--I hope she is alright though.

Carole--
something interesting in what you wrote--cue--that means a line, correct?
My friend's boyfriend's mother is visiting from Turkey, and she asked a waitress at a restaurant if there was a cue still at the door. That was the first I've heard it!!

Miss Meow
11-30-2003, 08:19 PM
People behave like it's the last product on earth when at the sales, yet, they keep going back ...

KYS
11-30-2003, 09:29 PM
I hope the woman will be ok.
I think Wal Mart should have been better
prepared.
I hate crowds too, I rather pay a few bucks more than
get my blood pressure up.

micki76
11-30-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by KYS
I think Wal Mart should have been better
prepared.

I think if you're going to Walmart on Black Friday morning to wait in line to get one of maybe, 50?, DVD players that are advertised for $29.00, YOU should be prepared to be trampled!

G.P.girl
11-30-2003, 10:40 PM
that's discusting...
i mean how can people care more about saving a couple bucks than another humanbeing?
but i don't think it was wal-marts fault.
those people are like cattle. but i guess it was fnny if she's goign to be ok.:)

ILoveReptiles
11-30-2003, 10:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *SNORT*

WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Moooo!!! Bleat bleat MOOO!!!! Must... GET... DVD PLAYER!!!!

Oh man I needed that laugh.

I do hope she's ok though. But that's DAMN funny.

Tonya
11-30-2003, 10:42 PM
I went to Target first. There were like 3 gazillion carts, yet all these people insisted on running to them and pushing and shoving. It is so irritating!

Twisterdog
11-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I think if you're going to Walmart on Black Friday morning to wait in line to get one of maybe, 50?, DVD players that are advertised for $29.00, YOU should be prepared to be trampled!

Absolutely. Everyone knows what the day after Thanksgiving is like, and everyone has heard these kind of stories before: people getting beat up, bones broken, hair pulled out. How could we forget cabbage Patch Kids, Tickle Me Elmo, etc? It's not like this hasn't happened before, that it's some big secret. If someone is STILL stupid enough to be the first one in line at 6:00 am at Walmart, ready to run to the $29 DVD players .... well, I hope she's ok, but really, it's her own fault.

Shelteez2
11-30-2003, 11:11 PM
I was disgusted when I heard about that. Just gives me one more reason to hate most of the human race. I hate pushy shovey people. Bah.....

CathyBogart
12-01-2003, 01:33 AM
And WE are supposed to be the superior animals? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Edit: I really am glad that she's all right.... Poor woman.

dukedogsmom
12-01-2003, 06:36 AM
That is so crazy! And I had to laugh that Wal Mart offered to put one on hold for her, instead of giving her one.

smokey the elder
12-01-2003, 08:04 AM
That's why I like the Internet. I only have to compete with my SO for the 'puter and he doesn't get up before noon on the weekends.:p

ramanth
12-01-2003, 11:14 AM
I feel sorry for the poor people that have to unlock and open the doors. :eek: :(

Hope the woman gets better soon.

2kitties
12-01-2003, 11:26 AM
All I can say is that is what you get for going to WalMart. I avoid that place like the plague on a good day, much less on Black Friday.

tikeyas_mom
12-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ILoveReptiles
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *SNORT*

WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Moooo!!! Bleat bleat MOOO!!!! Must... GET... DVD PLAYER!!!!

Oh man I needed that laugh.

I do hope she's ok though. But that's DAMN funny.

I agree that is pritty funny lol. it reminds me of my school lol. Ppl get knocked over and trampled in traffic , it is horrid , but meh everyone is so rushes that we have no time to stop and if you do haoppen to stop int he halls you will get pushed over and trampled.. lol.... poor lady I am glad she is ok though ..

Prairie Purrs
12-01-2003, 02:14 PM
If you own a business and you invite people to come spend their money at your business, you're required to protect those people from reasonably foreseeable hazards on business property--even if those hazards are caused by third parties.

Wal-Mart didn't do that. The store managers should have known that their big sale would attract crowds waiting for the store to open--that's what Wal-Mart wanted and that's why they spent the big bucks on advertising. So they should have hired enough security people to restrain the crowds and get them through the doors in an orderly fashion.

No one should "expect" to be seriously injured when he or she responds to an advertised event at a business. We should expect businesses to conduct such events in an safe and orderly fashion.

moosmom
12-02-2003, 12:24 PM
That's why I never EVER go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Contrary to popular believe, I really DO want to live to see age 51! :D :D

I work at Bed, Bath & Beyond and worked on black Friday. I could not believe the number of people in line waiting for the store to open, and for what??? Everyday prices, no bargains there. Strange, VEEEEEERRRRY strange.

I too hope that lady is okay. It's amazing the animal instincts that come out in some people at the smell of a bargain. *sigh*

trayi52
12-02-2003, 12:29 PM
I agree with you moosmom, I will not go to Walmart or any other store on Black Friday!!

I don't go in the daytime at all when its gets this close to Christmas, I go very, very late. Like at midnight.

RICHARD
12-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba

Carole--
something interesting in what you wrote--cue--that means a line, correct?

it's also a long pony tail !!!!

so,

if your cue gets trampled while you are in a cue you are in bad shape.......but then again she could have been in line to get a billiards cue instead of a DVD player......

slick
12-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I really DO want to live to see age 51!
51 is no different than 50. Trust me on this one.;)

RICHARD
12-03-2003, 01:57 PM
I just thought about this...

A woman would be a better witness at picking out who trampled
her....

It was a Size 5 pair of Christian Dior slingbacks......
with the CUTEST little buckle on the front- black-
I'd wear a size 6- but I'd want a pair on beige......

;)

Andie
12-03-2003, 05:47 PM
As someone who works at Wal Mart and worked on that Friday, it's not just the shoppers that have to worry about there lives. We had people lining up before 4 o'clock that morning for a 6 o'clock sale. I seen my short little life flash before my eyes as a stack of crockpots fell almost on top of me. Needless to say I ran to the back and stayed there til I could go home (which I help unload more dvd players and *gulp* crockpots).

lovemyshiba
12-05-2003, 01:51 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=718&e=9&u=/ap/20031205/ap_on_re_us/trampled_shopper

ILoveReptiles
12-05-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=718&e=9&u=/ap/20031205/ap_on_re_us/trampled_shopper

Aha - the truth rears its ugly head.

micki76
12-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ILoveReptiles
Aha - the truth rears its ugly head.

Doesn't it always? :)

2kitties
12-05-2003, 02:17 PM
buahaaaaaaa. why are we not surprised!?

iceyshiver21
12-05-2003, 11:50 PM
crazy people.