PDA

View Full Version : Eukanuba...does anyone feed their cat this food??

moosmom
11-30-2003, 04:36 PM
I went to a Pet Expo yesterday. I've always fed my cats Science Diet. Well, Eukanuba was there selling sample bags for $1 and a kitty calendar, so I bought it. My cats seem to like it.

Does anyone feed their cats Eukanuba?? If so, feedback please.

AvaJoy
11-30-2003, 06:07 PM
I tried Eukanuba a year or so ago because I had a coupon, and my cats didn't like it. So I put it outside for the lost souls, but even THEY wouldn't partake! :eek: As I recall, it did seem to have a rather strong odor . . . pretty stinky.

Science Diet is the backbone of my custom blend, which includes about 5 different dry foods . . . extra work for me I know, but my cats deserve to be spoiled.:cool:

Amber
11-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Nope, I dont support Iams or Eukanuba. We feed my cat, Maggie Purina indoor cats

Tonya
11-30-2003, 06:16 PM
You should read this thread, moosmom. I had no idea until that was posted. I strongly recommend boycotting Iams products.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38570

NoahsMommy
11-30-2003, 07:22 PM
I work with a girl who worked at a pet store for about three years before she quit. She is always talking about how horrible Eukanuba is...that its overpriced, crappy animal food. :(

I've never thought to ask her why though. I think I will tomorrow.

Craftlady
11-30-2003, 07:32 PM
We had to use the vet rx food from Eukanuba and it did have an oder. The Lamb and Rice regular food smelled ok. Both foods our gang liked while they were on it.

moosmom
11-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Tonya,

I didn't realize that Iams and Eukanuba were one and the same. I think I'll stick to Science Diet. Thanks for the heads up!!

BastetsMum
11-30-2003, 10:30 PM
I buy different food for Bastet - she is very fussy and won't eat something more than a few times. So whether its Whiskas to Sceince diet then I will buy it. That is the way she is so that is why I have no preference.

Tonya
11-30-2003, 10:57 PM
Your welcome. I didn't know either until I read that thread.