PDA

View Full Version : Story

petlover
11-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Does anyone mind if I start a story for ya'll to read? I entered a writing contest and I had an idea in mind. Does anyone care if I share it with ya'll It is pretty interesting sounding. I just don't want to be a coppy catter of anybody that has written stories on here.

BTW: ILoveMyAbbyGirl, I am not trying to copy you. I love your stories. I wish that I could write like you. I am just practicing I suppose. I hope that you don't mind.

Dogz
11-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Post away!:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-30-2003, 02:44 PM
LOL... I don't mind at all, everyones doing it. It's fun, I like seeing everyone's writing styles. I don't like being... asked if people can post stories... It's a free world! I don't like all the attention being brought to me.

I'm ready!

petlover
11-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Ok, it is about barrel racing. I hope that noone gets bored to death. lol

I don't like kisses from grandmas and I don't like it when family that you haven't seen in a while tell you how you've grown. I am a hard working girl, and I have no time for family kisses and such. I work at the stables. It aint no clean job either. I am not a clean girl. I am not the nice and neat type, and I don't have your girly table manners. I don't listen to classical music, I prefer country. I would rather roll in the mud then go to some dance anyday. I am a rough,hardtalkin, lonestar girl.
I go out to the stables twice a day to care for all of the horses, pigs, chickens, mules, etc. I work with a cowboy about my age. His name is Tim. I try to ignore him because I am boy shy. I can't talk to them. I take my dog out there with me and she rounds up the sheep. She is a rough haired collie. Her name is Molly.
When I went out to the barn thi morning, I found 2 snakes under a hay bale. I could hear something under there. It only shocked me when I picked up the bale. I grabbed a shovel that was laying against the tack room and pointed it at the snakes. I couldn't kill them. I might not love kisses, but I do love animals, and I will take a kiss from an animal anyday. Even knowing snakes are the thing I fear most, I called for Tim and let him do away with them. My boss said that we had to keep snakes out of the barn.
The old cowdog came out with me on my morning ride. His name is Duke. Molly is his girlfriend. I don't really know what I was looking for when I rode my horse out on the trails. I guess I just felt like taking a ride. It was beautiful all through the trails. I loved it. It was the beginning on Fall and I loved the smell.
I felt my horse speeding up all of a sudden. I was lost in the daze of Fall beauty so I had to shake myself out of it. By the time I did, my horse was almost at a fast trot. I heard something behind us. I figured that it was the dogs. I let her go a little faster. We were then in a lope. I could hear the thing more strongly now. I looked behind us. I saw the dogs, but they were very far behind. I couldn't hear them. I then noticed that the sound was coming from right beside me. Through the woods somewhere I supposed. I let her go on to a gallop and then....

petlover
11-30-2003, 07:11 PM
bump:(

G.P.girl
11-30-2003, 08:29 PM
:eek: what is it? hurry up and write more!
oh yeah! whats the girls name?

petlover
11-30-2003, 09:07 PM
I couldn't see anything clearly. Everything was blurry. The next thing I knew I hit the ground, and then.... Laughter? Right then I knew what had happened, and I felt like hurting someone.
As I rose to the ground, the laughter stopped. I walked slowly toward the part of the woods that I heard it in. There was a big, huge, bushy looking thing right in front of me. I walked around it. There, I found Tim and one of his friends.I sat there waitin for them to explain, but they didn't have to. I already knew what had happened.
" Spit it out" I said harshly. Tim started first.
Well.... We were getting bored and we saw that you were heading out toward the woods. So we jumped on my horse and followed slowly on the trail right by yours.... They were already chuckling.Then what? I asked. We carried a small bag of tiny rocks and sort of threw them at your horse. They busted out laughing. I looked down at them smiling. You thought that was funny huh? They laughed harder. Then I guess that you will think that this is funny too. I jumped on Tim's horse and took off. I needed to catch up with my horse.Plus, now Tim had to walk all the way home. He had a good 6 mile walk ahead of him.
I caught up with my horse and jumped down off of Tim's horse. I walked up slowly and grabbed her. I tied Tim's horse to my saddle and we headed home.
I got back around 11:00 A.M. I didn't see Tim and his friend on the way back. I took the saddles off of the horses and brushed them. When I walked in the house my momma's face looked really pale. Tim was laying on the kitchen floor wrapped in some blankets. He looked so cold and sick. What's wrong with Tim?I asked. My mom looked over at me and I looked on the table. There, lay a ....... That answered my question.

petlover
11-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Her name is Shannon.;)

petlover
11-30-2003, 09:09 PM
BTW: Does anyone want to be in my story?:)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by petlover
She is a rough haired collie. Her name is Molly.

Ahaha...that sounds a little familar. ;):p

petlover
11-30-2003, 09:17 PM
I just had to! Daisy is goin to come in too! I meet her at a.... Wait, am I getting ahead of myself? Luv your doggies!:)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-30-2003, 09:23 PM
I just had to! Daisy is goin to come in too! I meet her at a.... Wait, am I getting ahead of myself? Luv your doggies!:)

Thanks! :o
More of the story, please! :)

petlover
11-30-2003, 09:51 PM
There lay a dead snake. It was a deadly one. I could tell by the look of it's head. I looked up worringly. My mom said that his chances of survival looked hopeless.
I prayed for another hour. I prayed and prayed and prayed. All of our neighbors were over trying to help. Noone called the emergency room because it was so far away. They would never get here in time.I would miss him if he died. He may not have been a friend, but he was ok. I would miss having him around is all.
The sun began to move down below the trees. I felt a tear drift down my cheek as Tim took his last breath. Then he was gone. There were no last words, and no facial expression. There was nothing. It was like he didn't even know that he was dying.Or maybe he was dead before his his life was really over. I just wish I knew why God took him so young.
We buried him on a Saturday. I took Molly because she always sort of liked him. She couldn't understand why we were putting him in the ground that she dug in. I tried to explain it to her, but she didn't understand.
After the funeral I took Molly out to practice sheep herding. She had a sheep herding competition on Tuesday.She had been looking good, but I wanted to test her a little bit more. She followed all of my commands. She didn't let one lamb get out of the herd. She did perfect.
The next day is when Tim's friend came along. He was a cowboy. Nice boots, nice hat, real good lookin.
Hi. I said anciously. Hello. he said back. I was kind of surprised that I could even talk to him. Who are you? I asked. I am Tim's friend. I know that, but what is your name? Levi Randall. I sort of looked up and smiled and said " Well, I'm Shannon." He smiled back.

Is it getting boring? If it is don't worry. I will get it interesting again. By the Way, GoldenRetrLuver... Daisy is coming up in the next post.
:) :) :) :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-30-2003, 10:58 PM
That's good! :)
More!

G.P.girl
11-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Her name is Shannon.;)
YAY!!!! i've never been in a story before! She's even alittle like me! i would've taken his horse too and stuff!:D

petlover
12-01-2003, 11:00 AM
I am sorry about Tim. I said quietly. It must have been horrible seeing him get bitten. " It wasn't very pleasent." he said quickly under his breath. I just got up and walked off.
The next day I was getting Molly ready for her sheep herding competition, and Levi came up again. This time he had a dog. She looked like a golden retriever, but I wasn't sure. I tried to ignore them. But, I just had to breack the silence.
" Is that your dog?" I asked willingly. Yep. Is she a golden retriever? I asked again.
All I got was yep. ( Boys and their stupid replys.:rolleyes: )
What do you use her for? I asked. Well, she herds sheep. he replyed sharply. I sort of chuckled and looked at the golden. She herds sheep? I chuckled again. She is a golden retriever, and I have NEVER EVER herd of a golden herding sheep. He sort of looked at me like I was crazy. Can you show me?I asked. Sure. Can I borrow your sheep? I thought for a moment, and then just gave up and said yes.
Before he walked off to start herding sheep, I just had to ask...
What's her name?

G.P.girl
12-01-2003, 05:42 PM
i think he thinks it's her fault tim got bite.

---don't mind my crazy predictions...i always look for hidden meanings and stuff;)

petlover
12-01-2003, 06:05 PM
I think that is what he thinks too.;)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-01-2003, 07:31 PM
I know her name! :p

More please! :)

G.P.girl
12-01-2003, 11:32 PM
yeah! more please!

petlover
12-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Her name is Daisy. ( You knew it didn't you GoldenRetrLuver?)
I watched in amazement as she herded the sheep one by one into the shute. When they were done I was speechless. She was such a beautiful golden, and she was very good at herding sheep. But, then I looked at Molly. Molly was just as good of a sheep herder.
Are you going to be in the sheep herding competition? he asked.
Yes. Molly and I are entered. He looked at Molly, and kind of gave a " You are kidding right?" look. What is wrong with Molly? I asked. Nothing, she just looks a little skiddish. I looked up in anger. We will see who's skiddish at the competition.

BTW: Sorry it was so short, I have to hurry off to homeschool.:)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-02-2003, 04:18 PM
More! :)

G.P.girl
12-02-2003, 05:07 PM
more! Tim is a meany!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Is this story about Molly and Daisy? LOL :p

petlover
12-02-2003, 06:47 PM
( It is Levi that's a meanie.;) Tim is dead.)

I gave Molly a bath, and I put a bandana on her neck. She looked really pretty. I brushed her one last time. " You are such a pretty girl Molly." I said quietly. She looked up and barked in agreement. I laughed so hard that I was almost on the ground. She understood my every word. " You will beat Daisy." I know you will.

I walked Molly down to the competition grounds about 5 hours early. I wanted to be there before anyone else. I wanted to get a good look at the course and let Molly get used to the surroundings. I saw the sheep in the chute and went to pet them. Molly came over and started nipping and crouching down at the sheep. No Molly. I said sternly. Save it until the competition.
People started arriving one by one. I registered in, and I talked to all of the dogs and their owners. I was #64. I was in the first class. Levi on the other hand, was # 67, and he was in the 3rd class.
First class was called. There was 2 people in front of me. I waited with the other 1st classers.
The first competitor was a border collie. She let 2 sheep out of the group, and there was not a firm pattern. There were some sheep here and some sheep there. The second competitor was a gray sheltie. It was really good, but once it got the sheep in the chute one got away.
It was then my turn. Molly and I headed out there and stood quietly while they released the sheep. Molly stood up and growled. I kindly laid my hand on her tail end, and pushed down so that she would sit. The man gave me the signal to let her go, and moved out of the way.
After that, I saw everything in slow motion. I heard the loud speaker, and even saw the sheep move slowly. I felt dizzy. I tried to shake myself out of it and looked down at Molly. I reached my hand to the hook of her leash and unlatched it. I raised my hand for the signal to go and Molly was off.
The last thing that I saw was Molly getting the sheep into a group, and then....

GoldenRetrLuver
12-02-2003, 07:51 PM
More!
Ahah, I wonder what the *real* Molly would do if she saw some sheep. :p

petlover
12-02-2003, 08:57 PM
and then...

I fell. All that I could hear, was people talking over me. I could also hear the loud speaker. I couldn't tell what anyone was saying, but I knew that they were people. The last thing that I felt before I went uncontious was Molly licking my face.
A few people from the competition hurried me down to the emergency room. The doc never found anything wrong with me. I sat in the hospital bed, waiting to die. But, I never did. When I woke up in the hospital bed, I looked around and didn't see anything but a large blanket on the chair, and Molly laying down in the corner. I grabbed the remote by my bed and flipped through the channels until I found Animal Planet.
I was watching " That's My Baby", and the blanket moved! I looked at it hard and it didn't move. I figured it was just my imagination. I kept watching tv, but I kept glancing over at the blanket in the chair... It moved AGAIN! Now this time I knew that I saw what I thought that I saw.
I walked over to the chair and pulled the blanket off of the chair. I was startled at the sight of Levi sitting in it. Levi! I yelled in anciously. He jumped out of the chair and looked like he had been bitten by a snake.
" Mornin Sunshine." he said teasingly. Yeah right. I grinned. Get out of my chair. He moved and I sat down in it. Molly came over licked my hand. I looked up sharply with a worried look on my face. How did Molly do? I asked worringly. She did fine. He replyed with ease. Did she finnish the competition? No, she was too worried about you. But, they did schedule the competition for another date. Since you weren't there anyway.
Why did they post poll the competition? I asked anciously. Because, I slipped some strings and they said that it would be ok. I thought for a minute.
How come you are being nice to me all of a sudden. He grinned and looked up. I don't know. he replyed. I guess your prettiness has taken over my mind.

petlover
12-02-2003, 08:59 PM
BTW: GoldenRetrLuver, I think that Molly would probably growl at the sheep and keep a far distance!:p

hehe

GoldenRetrLuver
12-02-2003, 09:28 PM
BTW: GoldenRetrLuver, I think that Molly would probably growl at the sheep and keep a far distance!:p

hehe

Who knows lol :p

More please! :)

petlover
12-02-2003, 10:35 PM
I could feel myself blushing and I looked down. I smiled while looking down. I looked up again with the smile still on my face.
At that time, my parents walked in, and Levi walked out. I could tell that he was just as surprised as I was at the sound of his words. Those words kept on playing in my head. They sometimes played so loudly that I couldn't hear what my parents were saying. I felt silly and smiley for the rest of the day. I was acting more like a cheerleader than a hard-tough cowgirl. I tried to knock myself out of it, but I couldn't. I had a crush on him.
The next day while I was in the barn feeding my horses, I went through the erands that I had to run.

Put check in savings, stop at store get dog food, etc.
About the time that I was done saddling my horse, I heard hoofs running down to the barn. I figured that a horse had gotten loose and I was fixing to hav to jump on my horse and run after it. It was only Levi. I looked up and smiled and said " Hello Stranger." He said " No time!" We have to go. The exitement in his voice just made me very ancious to hear what he had to say.
" Where do you want to go?" I asked anciously. Just jump on your horse and I'll show you. I saddled more quickly than before, and I jumped on. We galloped all across the fields, until we reached the local arena and fair grounds. I stared until I could see what was going on.
I gasped at the sight of trailers and LOTS of people. Levi looked over at me and smiled. " Should we go for it? he asked excitingly.
Yes, yes we should. I replyed anciously.
Race you there. He replyed quickly taking off.

G.P.girl
12-02-2003, 11:04 PM
( It is Levi that's a meanie.;) Tim is dead.)

thats what i meant to say!
but he's being nice now...but i still don't trust him....

GoldenRetrLuver
12-02-2003, 11:22 PM
More! :D

petlover
12-03-2003, 11:45 AM
I beat him down to the arena. ( Even when he got a head start.) I slowed my horse down and tried to check out the surroundings. I knew what this was. I tried not to let my mind take over me, but I had to check it out.
I got off of my horse and tied her to a fence post near by.
" What are you doing?" he asked cautiously. I am going to go check out the horses. Why don't you come with me? I asked sassily. Ok, but we can't stay long.
We went and sat at the top of the bleachers. I loved horse sales. ( Which this was one.)
A lot of the horses only stayed in the ring for a while, and they all looked like normal old quarter horses and paints. There was one more horse to go in section 2. I stayed a while longer to watch. Here is it's discription.

Name: Ems Freeway
Markings: Large Blaze
Color: Chestnut
Prospect Use: Barrel Racing

I got excited when I heard the word barrel racing. I had been wanting a barrel horse for a VERY long time.
I watched very carefully as the horse rounded each square inch of the arena. She moved so gracefully and was so beautiful. The auctioneer started auctioning her off. There were 2 bidders. One was a slaughter man, and one was ...? ANOTHER SLAUGHTER MAN?? I couldn't bear see her be auctioned off to the slaughter house.
I wanted to bid for her, but I didn't have any money. I felt in my pockets and felt an envelope. I then remembered. I had a check that was supposed to be taken to the bank. I was just going to use it to buy a horse from a sad ending.
I raised my hand when the next bid was called. It was now at $300.00. Soon, one of the slaughter men stopped bidding, and it was just me and the other one. The bid was now at $400.00. I kept bidding, and bid up to $550.00.

Going once, going twice, sold to the girl at the top of the bleachers for $550.00.

I was excited. I counted out $550.00 out of the bank money, and ran to collect my barrel horse.

petlover
12-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Awww G.P. Girl, you never trust anybody.:p

( hehe, that is good that you are trying to figure out who is good, and who is bad.)