PDA

View Full Version : New Pet and a near disaster

ILoveReptiles
11-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Well I finally got my BF to cave in - I ordered a cage for my new pet as of Friday this week. I'll be getting a Redtailed Boa Constrictor. I'm fond of the Guyanan, as I like the coloring on their tails better (it's a deeper brick red - much more vivid), and they don't get as big as the Columbians...

As for the near disaster - well - the stupid timer I have set up on Prism's cage went nutso nutso on me - and somehow entered in some really bogus times to turn on and turn off - I know I never entered these, I don't know how the heck they got in there, but suffice to say it started running at 6:00 am today, and when my boyfriend woke up around 9:30, he saw that it was STILL RUNNING!!! He turned it off, but the cage is absolutely flooded.

I'm surprised the pump didn't blow a gasket - it's only rated to run for 5 minutes at a time, and here it was running for over 3 hours!!!

AAHHH!!!! Well - I'm using some of the substrate I have - it's called Bed-A-Beast and it comes in a brick - if you put it in water it absorbs it and puffs up - so I figured why not use it to absorb the water in the cage?

What a Sunday!

CathyBogart
11-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Meep! Poor wet Prism! Good luck getting it all fixed up!

and I'm still SOOOO jealous about the RTB!!! :)

Karen
11-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Good gracious - it's a good thing he awoke when he did! Oh well, now when other animals complain about baths, Prism'll know what they're talking about! ;)

luckies4me
11-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Can't wait to see pics. I too use Bed a Beast for my gecko, and he loves it. :)