PDA

View Full Version : So Sick! :*(

Cookiebaker
11-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Uggh. Here's my pity party for the day. I woke up this morning, with only half a voice & very sore throat. Guess that's the price to pay for being around kissy relatives all weekend. :p

Anyway, all day long I've laid around thinking that I couldn't possibly get worse, but that's what has happened. I have a fever, aches & pains all over, extremely sore throat, pounding head, and living on juice, broth & rice. :( And I just heard a report on CNN.com about how bad the flu season is this year. Tell me about it!! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I'm back to my coughdrops and blankets. I can only sit at the computer for 5 or 10 minutes at a time 'til I'm too exhausted.

On the positive side, Marigold has been a velcro baby all day. For almost an hour she lay on my stomach with her paw on my chin. My muscles wanted to move so badly, but I didn't want to risk her running away. And Malone just knows that something is wrong. He keeps coming up and putting his big nose on my arm and whimpering, as if to ask me what is wrong. They are the best comfort a person could ask for.

Anyway, I'm done my pity party. Thanks for listening. :p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-29-2003, 09:43 PM
That's the best part about having pets. They know you better than anyone else could... like when you're sick. Get well soon... with so much cuddling, you'll be better in no time!

amoore
11-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Sorry that you are sick. Eat chicken soup , drink fruit juices, get losts of rest, and keep pets close by your side. I bet the Doctor told you that.

I hope you get to feeling better.:)

Moose
11-29-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, Anna. :( It's good to know that two lovely furkids are taking care of you, though. :) ;) Get better soon!!! :D

Aspen and Misty
11-29-2003, 10:36 PM
O I am so sorry. And I can relate. I got really sick Thanks giveing day. I feel like I'm going to throw up and I can't stand for more then like 10 or 15 mins. I've also been liveing on Soup and I'm always hungry. I find I'm thristy alot, even though I drink 2 or 3 bottles of water daily. The only time I've gotten up since Wednesday is tonight cause I promised the fire hall I would help them out with the Junior Firefighter memorial basket ball tornament. ::sigh::

Sorry to ramble on your thread,
Ash

Miss Meow
11-30-2003, 12:23 AM
I hope you get well soon.

Please take the time you need to get better :) Our flu season last winter was awful. I was sick three times (a record for me) and my last flu took six weeks to leave. I know many other people who were in the same boat, so I hope you feel better soon!

carole
11-30-2003, 12:28 AM
I hope there is someone there to take care of you, so you can get plenty rest, keep those fluids up, and remember if you feel worse get yourself checked at the Doc real soon, just to make sure, remember the meningitis check list, sorry not wanting to scare you, but have been through this before so am very wary and cautious about it.

Hope you don't have a strep throat either, probably just the rotten flue like you said, but please take care, and GET WELL SOON, hugs.

popcornbird
11-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Oh you poor thing! I know how it feels..........because I've been sick with the flu all last week, and am SO much better thank God now, but I'm still recovering........still not fully over it. I lost my voice COMPLETELY for two days, and I sounded absolutely pathetic for so many days after. Today, FINALLY, I woke up with my voice back. :D Still has a little bitterness in it, and if I try to make it *squeaky* when talking to Popcorn and Muffin in a *baby way*.....you know, how we talk to pets ;), my voice still fades away.........but its back on the most part, and I'm happy. Its SO frustrating to lose your voice! I'm still coughing, and my throat still hurts, but I can tell you, its such a blessing to feel so much better. SUCH a blessing. I had a high fever at the beginning of the flu too. Getting sick really makes you remember the blessing of good health doesn't it? ;)

Get well soon! My birdies were all confused when I lost my voice. They just didn't get what was wrong with me! :p

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-30-2003, 05:33 AM
Sorry you are feeling so rotten! Sounds like you have good "Doctors" keeping an eye on you! Get well soon!

lynnestankard
11-30-2003, 06:11 AM
Aawwwww Anna - sounds like a bad dose of flu - keep warm and pet cuddled - it's the only way to deal with it!!
Don't forget lots of liquids and paracetamol for the aches and pains.
Marigold and Malone seem to be perfect nurses. :D
{{{Hugs}}} from across the miles

Lynne

ChrisH
11-30-2003, 06:32 AM
Aww, Anna, poor you. :( Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Hugs

Pam
11-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Wow, so many people are coming down with this! I'm sorry that this has hit you, but it does sounds like you have a couple of great furry nurses to help give you that extra special TLC. There is nothing quite like a purring kitty or a wet doggie nose to help you feel at least temporarily a little better. :) I had to smile when I read that you can only sit at the computer for about 5 minutes. People without the *Pet Talk Addiction* wouldn't even bother getting on the computer, but those of us who have the addiction completely understand! :p Feel better soon!

KYS
11-30-2003, 09:12 AM
I awoke with a sore throat,sniffles 2 days ago,
but my cold is mild compared to what you have.
Take care of yourself, and keep yourself toasty
and get losts of rest.
Sounds like your fur babies are taking care
of your love medicine.

bluekat
11-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Aww, hope you feel better soon:( Its nice you have Marigold and Malone to take care of you:)
There are a lot of people getting the flu this year, my dad wanted me to take the flu shot. But I don't know if I'm going to, I'll just try my best to not catch it.

Get lots of rest!:)

robinh
11-30-2003, 11:38 AM
I got my flu shot two weeks ago this last Friday, but by last Sunday I started to not feel so good. By Monday I had aches, fever, runny nose - the whole works. The good news is that a week later, I'm finally starting to feel a lot better. Still tired, but at least I can stand up for more than a few minutes at a time without falling over. I think having the flu shot helped keep the duration of it a lot shorter. I was expecting to be sick a lot longer.

Keep your furnurses close and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Cookiebaker
11-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Thank you so much for the well wishes. I don't think I would wish this on my worst enemy! I'm finally out of bed for a few minutes now. I've been sleeping and dozing all day. I'm also high on Tylenol Flu meds, which do a wonderful job in taking the aches and pains away.

This afternoon, after one of my naps, I got Mark to bring me the camera and got some pictures of the best nurse a woman could ask for. Marigold stayed with me for most of the day snuggled down into the quilts with me.

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/sick1.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/sick2.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/sick3.JPG

One thing that has been worrying me a bit though, is it possible to give the flu to the dog or cat???? I would feel horrible if she ended up sick or something!! :confused:

Oh, and one more thing. Mark fixed his PDA up so that I can surf pettalk down on the couch. I don't get any pictures; it's pretty slow; and I can't post, but besides that it helps pass the time. :)

Headed back to bed now.....:(

carole
11-30-2003, 07:27 PM
I don't think you need worry too much about giving it to Marigold, I am not 100 per cent sure, but I have heard you cannot pass human flu onto animals and vice versa, besides if marigold has had her cat flue shots, her risk would be very minimal wouldn't it?

Anyhow heres to your speedy recovery.:)

bluekat
11-30-2003, 07:47 PM
Marigold is so cute!:D That last pic of her actually looks like she's wearing a mitten. I wish Blueberry was a lap cat:(
I'm really not sure if animals could catch it from you, but I hope not.

lovemyshiba
11-30-2003, 08:09 PM
I don't think you can give the flu to Marigold--what a cutie!! I love that she is your nurse.
I'm so sorry you have this horrible flu--a guy I work with had it last week, and he called off for the first time in 11 years!!!! He was out for 3 days, and he said he doesn't remember much but sleeping, waking up to take more meds, and falling back to sleep. His normally hyper Cattle Dog, Izzy, laid with him the whole time!!!

Feel better soon!!!!!!!

PS--have you tried Thera Flu??
It tastes awful, but the last time I had it, it helped bring me out of the fog a bit, and I was able to sit up and watch tv and actually be a little coherent.