PDA

View Full Version : Blue Heeler needs a home

tatsxxx11
04-08-2001, 09:45 AM
Dixie, a BEAUTIFUl blue heeler with the SWEETEST temperment, needs a forever home. She is 8 years young, extremely intelligent and obedient, and of course, gentle as a summer breeze. Sadly, her mom has an extremely debilitating psychiatric disorder, and a home for Dixie is desparately needed. She lives on Cape Cod but would love a caring home ANYWHERE! She loves to "work" as is true of cattle dogs. But just as well, Dixie loves to take quiet walks, or simply sit by your side. She is great with kids and would be a wonderful family friend or devoted companion to a senior. If anyone knows of someone looking for such a dog in the S.E. Mass. area, please email me. ALSO

If anyone remembers the sweet dalmation, "Beauty" who was looking for a home a few months back, her owners still have her. I saw her at the kennel last week, and they still insist they will "keep" her until they find the perfect family!

RachelJ
04-08-2001, 11:25 AM
I was wondering about Beauty because it had been awhile since you posted about her.

tatsxxx11
04-08-2001, 12:39 PM
Thanks so much for remembering Rachel! I really would like to post a picture of her here for you guys to see. She really is so sweet looking; a really beautiful girl! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif I glad, sort of, that she's still with her owners. I just know she doesn't get the attention she deserves there! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

Angels3
04-09-2001, 01:39 AM
tatsxxx11, I'm going to be specially interested in Dixie. Blue Heelers( Australian Cattle dogs) are our 'national dog' here in australia. We even call our police officers 'blue heelers'.
They are wonderful dogs, famous for their intelligence & incredible loyalty to their owner. You're right, Dixie would be a wonderful companion for a senior...& would guard that person with her life.
If only she could hop on a QANTAS jet & come to live with us. We'd love her. The Blue Heelers were originally called Queensland Heelers because they were bred in that state (ours!) of australia because it has lots of big cattle stations (ranches?).
Please keep us up-to-date on this expatriate aussie dog. And thank you so much for helping her find a home. I'm going to tell all the people on our OzDogRescue list here what you're doing.