PDA

View Full Version : Ripley is Flashing! LOL!

Pam
11-29-2003, 04:31 PM
I went to PetsMart today just to get cat food for Andy. I am always amazed at how I can drop $40-$45 when I go in there for one small thing. Anyway, I picked up two reflective collars, one for each (Bella and Ripley) and I also got a little red flashing thing for Ripley's collar so I can see him outside at night. I have seen them elsewhere online for $20 and up, and this one was just $9.99 so I thought I'd give it a try. He was just outside right now and my hubby and I were laughing just looking at him *twinkle* in the yard. It has always been easy to spot Bella at night but Ripley is another story. We'll see how long these batteries last, but for now it works just great. It only flashes when he moves, so if he stops to go potty I won't be able to see him for the moment. Hubby is calling him The Flasher and my son is calling him The Illuminator! :rolleyes: :D I wish I could get a picture of him flashing but I doubt they'd come out. :)

tatsxxx11
11-29-2003, 04:43 PM
LOL!!! That's so cute Pam! Ripley the Flasher!:D Junji bought those reflectors for Star and Cody too a while back too. It's so funny to see these red flashes streaking across the backyard at night!:) They can run but they can't hide!!

jenluckenbach
11-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Sounds utterly adorable. LOL

aly
11-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Hehe how cute! When I read the title of this thread, I was almost afraid to look! :D

Cookiebaker
11-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by aly
Hehe how cute! When I read the title of this thread, I was almost afraid to look! :D

Me, too! :o

That sounds really cute and a neat idea. Kinda like those kid's sneakers that flash when they walk.

lizbud
11-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Pam,

Sounds like a neat idea. I can't see Smokey at all when he's
out in the backyard after dark. Maybe I'd try it with him. What
is the device called? Is it heavy at all? Guess not if Ripley can
wear it. :D It would be great to see a picture of him" flashing".

*FlatCoatsRule*
11-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Sounds interesting....
if you could get a picture of him flashing, and it doesn't turn out, maybe kfarmr could clear it for you :confused: That sounds cool! Did you get it at Petco or something? I can't see Daisy at all! She's allllllll black and a itsy bit of white lol :)

Pam
11-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Well we have had so much fun with this flashing device just following the dancing red light! LOL! My son said last night that it is only a matter of time before the neighbors call to report a UFO in our back yard! LOL!

It is called a Mini Spot Tag and the company that makes this is Ruff & Tumble Co. and I am just noticing now on the card that it came attached to that they have a website ~ www.RuffandTumble.com. I will go there after I finish this post.
I had to take it off him, though, in the middle of the night because, as he was readjusting himself on the bed a couple of times at night, he was flashing! It's not exactly what you want to see in your bedroom at 3:00 am. :D

KYS
11-30-2003, 08:46 AM
You are to funny, I was not expecting to read
about a flashing tag from your thread. lol

Pepper has one of those flashing tags too,
It works great on those dark nights when you
are out camping too.

K9soul
11-30-2003, 09:17 AM
That sounds very cute. I'm the same way about spending too much when I go to the pet store for one thing :D

anna_66
11-30-2003, 09:29 AM
LOL the Flasher! I love it!

Kendra
11-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Too cute!

Once you have snow on the ground, will you switch the flashing tag to Bella since she'll be the one blending into the scenery?! :)

Dogz
11-30-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by aly

So was I, hehe:o

That sounds so cute! I haven't seen these, I am going to have to look into it.